Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

The price of the EP is dictated by the tour and venues a lot of times (though I don't know this particular circumstance) and they have to jack up prices beyond their will.

I think somewhere they said they had to sell it for that price (was it on Twitter - they seemed bummed at the price?).

I was referring to the download though, because you can preview there.

You just have to go out on a limb when you buy it in person unless you have done research.

I haven't heard anyone complain about Perma, which from what I heard, sounds like Garage Band demos as well. I don't have it, so for all I know there may be studio credits in the packaging.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Fire Kites Digital EP = $4
Fire Kites Tour EP= $10
Posts on LC = ¢2
Eisley = Priceless

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
The price of the EP is dictated by the tour and venues a lot of times (though I don't know this particular circumstance) and they have to jack up prices beyond their will.

I think somewhere they said they had to sell it for that price (was it on Twitter - they seemed bummed at the price?).

I was referring to the download though, because you can preview there.

You just have to go out on a limb when you buy it in person unless you have done research.

I haven't heard anyone complain about Perma, which from what I heard, sounds like Garage Band demos as well. I don't have it, so for all I know there may be studio credits in the packaging.

Yup, Eisley have to charge $10 for the Fire Kite EP because that's what Say Anything are charging for their CDs. I don't know if they have a higher tier for full-length CDs than EPs, or if every CD is $10 to avoid merch man confusion in poorly-lit venues, but either way the price of Fire Kite is essentially out of Eisley's control. I took that into account when I decided not to purchase it (or have someone who's going to a show get it for me). The band have also said that if there are any copies left after the tour, they'll put them online, at which point I will probably snap one up if it costs less than $10, because I really like the package design.

Perma is such a separate entity with a different angle and gimmick (hand drawn covers and whatnot) that I don't feel compelled to complain about it costing $10 too.

wilsmith wrote:
Fire Kites Digital EP = $4
Fire Kites Tour EP= $10
Posts on LC = ¢2
Eisley = Priceless

I never thought I'd see another takeoff on the Mastercard ads that didn't make me groan in exasperation, but the third line makes it. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
The band have also said that if there are any copies left after the tour, they'll put them online, at which point I will probably snap one up if it costs less than $10, because I really like the package design.

I haven't heard/read this.
What is unique about the package design?

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
Saellys wrote:
The band have also said that if there are any copies left after the tour, they'll put them online, at which point I will probably snap one up if it costs less than $10, because I really like the package design.

I haven't heard/read this.
What is unique about the package design?

Nothing really--I think it's a regular digipack or sleeve like the first two EPs. But I like the graphics. It's a return to form for Boyd.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Since there aren't many pro reviews out there, thought I'd highlight a well-written & thoughtful amateur review I came across on the web.

http://thepaintedman.brookiellen.com/tags/eisley/&rn=SGaukIdlNGGv6cH/

This is a nice blog entry about someone's first experience hearing Eisley during this tour. Looks like they made some new fans during this sojourn & with EP. Smile

http://decapolis.com/1558

Catey
Lost at Forum

How many times are people going to spell Stacy as Stacey? I always spell it the correct way, I've never known a Stacey so it never comes to mind
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
bcarr89
Sea Post King

I'm certainly not with a big name publication but I recently put up an interview/article for my radio station and school newspaper. We love the band at our station and I make sure to play them at least once a week.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.usdradio.org/2009/12/01/eisley-the-success-behind-a-family- affair/
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

bcarr89 wrote:
I'm certainly not with a big name publication but I recently put up an interview/article for my radio station and school newspaper. We love the band at our station and I make sure to play them at least once a week.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.usdradio.org/2009/12/01/eisley-the-success-behind-a-family- affair/

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I had a little trouble listening, but I definitely perked up at the part where it was mentioned that the new album might not be released via Warner ("It's up in the air...we don't talk about it...").