Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

just want to say, "thank you all, from the bottom of my heart".

I will never say sorry for defending any of my family.
I knew I would get the haters...I was prepared.

I don't have any issue at all with Chad writing relationship songs...it's the constant lying about Sherri, making her out to be a bitch, and the constant blame shifting that he continues to do in interviews, online blogs, and magazines.

After so much BS that he has said, and tried to insinuate about Sherri and their breakup...I spoke the truth and only spoke of what has been out there online for a couple of years. There are people who know the truth and have posted it in Sherri's defense. I did not reveal any new information, (as I could have), just chose to put the truth up against the constant lies.
BTW, there was a private admission that the song was about Sherri, but online he chose to say it was "just about past relationships". That fairs better for him.
I don't begrudge him writing the song...it just wasn't honest, or truthful.

We as a family in public life, have endured so much name calling from haters. My daughters, (who are some of the most lovely, talented, kind, beautiful in spirit and otherwise), have been called, "inbred, cunts, sluts, whores, uneducated"...the list goes on.

If any of those haters were sitting in my living room and made comments like that, there would be a physical response. I may lose, but something physical would take place.
Defending your family is one of the most natural instincts we have as humans.
In this day and age where rude, miserable people hide behind a computer, and say vicious things, with no consequence, I acted on my right to respond online. No regrets.

At some point, society needs to re-embrace right and wrong, truth, respect for others, and civility.
I hope for a generation that will rise up and accomplish this.
and I truly hope I live to see it if it ever comes to pass.

Thank you guys again for understanding and supporting us.

Much love,
kd

P.S. I am so proud of the people that have joined our family as of late.
Max, Jessica, Todd, and soon...Darren.
My heart is bursting with happiness, love, and the quality people that my kids have chosen as mates.
We as a family are in a good place. Smile
markymark106
Golly, Poster

amen kim. here's something to lighten the mood...

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I need an amberlamps, I took, I took the worst of the blow...

So guys, is it bad that that's what I think of every time I listen to Ambulance now? Laughing LOL Sorry. Random, but I figured I'd change the subject completely. I noticed there hasn't been a thread about the Epic Beard Man.

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

More good news!

Well, not good or bad, really, just positive. I played "Just Like We Do" today in my religion class as my choice for "a song about love," because we're entering Lent now and it's all about that Faith, Hope, and Love. So, 30 more teenagers in Northern Virginia have now been successfully exposed to Eisley. w00t!

http://inconnumag.com
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
More good news!

Well, not good or bad, really, just positive. I played "Just Like We Do" today in my religion class as my choice for "a song about love," because we're entering Lent now and it's all about that Faith, Hope, and Love. So, 30 more teenagers in Northern Virginia have now been successfully exposed to Eisley. w00t!

keep spreadin' the love in NoVa, yeahh!
i try and do my best. so many of my friends
are like eisley what huh who?
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

markymark106 wrote:

haha! what a cutie that little man is.
LacyFace
Sea Post King

markymark106 wrote:

hahaha instead of flat stanley its FAT STANLEY!!!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

While I try to avoid anything regarding the controversy and drama surrounding Sherri's previous relationships (I know people who are still sore about Jesse Lacey, for Christ's sake), I really enjoyed reading Max's post, not in a voyeuristic way but in a, "Yeah, he's totally right and it's awesome that this post is also an apology to his fans for Twitter-based immaturity" way. Especially this:

Max wrote:
Please question your idols.

The honesty and frankness in that post kind of makes me want to listen to Say Anything, which is an urge I've never had before now.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
While I try to avoid anything regarding the controversy and drama surrounding Sherri's previous relationships (I know people who are still sore about Jesse Lacey, for Christ's sake), I really enjoyed reading Max's post, not in a voyeuristic way but in a, "Yeah, he's totally right and it's awesome that this post is also an apology to his fans for Twitter-based immaturity" way. Especially this:

Max wrote:
Please question your idols.

The honesty and frankness in that post kind of makes me want to listen to Say Anything, which is an urge I've never had before now.

I have been listening to Max's or Say Anything's music since Is a Real Boy... and have always admired him for his honesty and with each album he has gained more of my respect. Over the years he has become one of my idols. How he has made it through the extremes in his life is amazing.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

ALSO i just wanna say, lately on twitter, boyd seems to be saying he's busy. well with whatever it is good luck! hope we can be informed to what you're up to. =P (probably taking over the world right?)

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
just want to say, "thank you all, from the bottom of my heart".

I will never say sorry for defending any of my family.
I knew I would get the haters...I was prepared.

I don't have any issue at all with Chad writing relationship songs...it's the constant lying about Sherri, making her out to be a bitch, and the constant blame shifting that he continues to do in interviews, online blogs, and magazines.

After so much BS that he has said, and tried to insinuate about Sherri and their breakup...I spoke the truth and only spoke of what has been out there online for a couple of years. There are people who know the truth and have posted it in Sherri's defense. I did not reveal any new information, (as I could have), just chose to put the truth up against the constant lies.
BTW, there was a private admission that the song was about Sherri, but online he chose to say it was "just about past relationships". That fairs better for him.
I don't begrudge him writing the song...it just wasn't honest, or truthful.

We as a family in public life, have endured so much name calling from haters. My daughters, (who are some of the most lovely, talented, kind, beautiful in spirit and otherwise), have been called, "inbred, cunts, sluts, whores, uneducated"...the list goes on.

If any of those haters were sitting in my living room and made comments like that, there would be a physical response. I may lose, but something physical would take place.
Defending your family is one of the most natural instincts we have as humans.
In this day and age where rude, miserable people hide behind a computer, and say vicious things, with no consequence, I acted on my right to respond online. No regrets.

At some point, society needs to re-embrace right and wrong, truth, respect for others, and civility.
I hope for a generation that will rise up and accomplish this.
and I truly hope I live to see it if it ever comes to pass.

Thank you guys again for understanding and supporting us.

Much love,
kd

P.S. I am so proud of the people that have joined our family as of late.
Max, Jessica, Todd, and soon...Darren.
My heart is bursting with happiness, love, and the quality people that my kids have chosen as mates.
We as a family are in a good place. Smile

Thanks, Kim, for being such a great Mom, and for having such an amazing and wonderful family! We fully support and dearly love you all!

Last edited by Dan and Sam on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

Dear Eisley,

I don't have anything to say that others haven't already said, but I just want to say it anyway: Your music is amazing, and you and your family are inspiring. When I'm depressed, when I question if love really lasts, reading your blogs and comments in this forum prove to me that true love exists, and reminds me that people are basically good. Your musical talent is amazing enough, but to combine that with the truly wonderful and inspiring people you are, well, it just makes me happy and helps me work to be a better person myself.

Sorry that's so mushy - but your music means a lot to me! Please keep up the good work!
TheClassicRomance
Sea Post King

Holy whoa. I really never meant for this to be about past or present drama or heartache.

Dear Eisley (AND Co.)-
I think we all agree on one thing-we love you guys. We think you are talented, amazing people, lovely to the core. We love your music and it has had a positive impact on our lives. You are amazingly inspiring people. We love you! That's that. That's all. That was the point of all this. We love and support ya'all. Period.

And all of Eisley's people said?
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Holy whoa. I really never meant for this to be about past or present drama or heartache.

Dear Eisley (AND Co.)-
I think we all agree on one thing-we love you guys. We think you are talented, amazing people, lovely to the core. We love your music and it has had a positive impact on our lives. You are amazingly inspiring people. We love you! That's that. That's all. That was the point of all this. We love and support ya'all. Period.

And all of Eisley's people said?

Amen!

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

believe it or not I actually clicked over to the link to MB's post just to see wtf you all were going on about.... I even read it.... Not that I'm not a bit disappointed with myself for spending the time.... and not because I disagree or because I have but good will for any of Eisley's familiars.

I just frankly don't get all that interested in their personal lives and relationships, etc. Not because I'm uncaring, but its just their business. I like music. I've got no interest in soap operas. But for people who do like to entertain themselves by indulging in other peoples personal dramas, I think fictional soap operas are a lot healthier than using real people for that.

Music is art, and art is a special category of product, but its a product we consume because we enjoy it... a bit like a nice espresso. It doesn't mean that I don't at some level care about the barrista who makes my espresso as a person, I just don't have a relationship with them that goes beyond that espresso they make me and that I appreciate.

I enjoy the interaction- we greet each other in a friendly way. I appreciate their work (especially at pearl cup, where the attention to detail and mastery of froth-art is arresting), and meeting (or at least seeing) the person who made it is part of the enjoyment, but I really don't care who they are dating, or what's going on with their exes, or what they ate for breakfast. If they chat about it among themselves, I tune it out.

That doesn't mean I might never become friends with the person who makes the coffee I enjoy, and if it happened, coincidentally, I might take a greater interest in their personal life, as friends do, but it would have to be a relationship based on a lot more than the fact that they make espressos that I buy and enjoy. I just don't get why when people like a band's music they seem to think that they have some greater and more personal relationship with them that gives them a vested interest in the details of their personal lives. Has always struck me as a bit puerile, frankly. One of the things I enjoy and respect about Eisley as a band is that they generally do keep their relationship with their fanbase oriented on the music, and don't try to involve us in their personal stuff.

One thing that causes me to loose respect for a band is trying to involve their fans as allies or weapons in personal issues. Its pathetic, frankly, to hide behind your fans... of course you can manipulate them to buy your side of the story. I understand the temptation, the need to feel validated and supported, and how easily you can, by thousands of people. But what is it really worth. Those people don't really know you, or the story. Why not just write a little self-affirmation computer program that validates you in a tight loop.

Imagine going for coffee and finding that the barrista (or cafe owner, for that matter) has posted signs around the coffee bar explaining the latest interpersonal dramas in their lives, how they feel wronged, how you should take their side, and how you should hate those they are in friction with... especially if you enjoy their espressos. You hang out there, and the conversation isn't about the coffee, or other interesting things, its just about the latest personal drama in the life of the barista. Prefer a higher status metaphor? OK, a sculptor in their gallery that you visit. You are interested in the sculpture... they (and the other appreciators) are interested in telling you about what a b*tch the sculptors ex-wife is being lately. Who cares.. Me? I leave and don't buy any sculpture.

I don't personally like what of that kind of drama arises in my own life, and I try to avoid it. No stomach for it, frankly. I sure as hell am not going to take an interest when it happens in someone else,s unless they actually need my help, or if we already have a relationship where I really owe them that.

SOOOOO

my plea to fellow Eisley fans is to ignore all that sh*t. Be above it. Its not a sport, or a game or a war.... fans of some other band or person havent scored against us and/or Eisley in a manner that has to be answered or we/they lose. Its pretty much irrelevant to us, to the music, etc. In some respects, maybe it helps... any publicity is good publicity, the old saying goes.

Is it a bad thing that two or three other bands seem to define a good percentage of their PR/image/comm with fanbase in terms of their relationship with personnel in Eisley? Bad for them, I suppose, that they don't have enough else of substance to base the buzz around their band on, or to say when they feel like they have to interact in public forums. In standard relational dynamics, that would suggest that Eisley sits in the position of relative power, to the extent that they don't do any of the same. But how they choose their personal responses is up to them... if they and their familiars choose to carry out their personal matters in the public forum, that's their choice- its their personal matter... My plea is to fellow fans.

Ideally, fans who feel "aligned" (for some strange reason) with certain other bands, and those merely curious who have become aware of gossip through those venues, check out LC to see how Eisley and their fanbase is responding, and find..... nothing. The ones who came for the dirt and rancor get bored very quickly decide there is nothing interesting here, and go away.

That is my plea.

All the best to the band, their art, and fellow fans..

.....oh.... and to OP:
Fun to see people in the process of learning that you don't control a conversation just because you started it. It goes where it goes. Especially threads. Trying to hem it in doesn't do any good.

@saellys-
as a sidenote- yes, he did say some insightful things that constitute sage advice in general...
One that I liked enough to repost:

Quote:

If it’s positive, SAY IT. If it’s negative, you BETTER MEAN IT AND IT BETTER NOT BE JUST BECAUSE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF.

I like that very much. Whether his music resonates with me particularly or not, he has obviously earned some wisdom.

@ gollysandra:
The Amber Lamps picture is hilarious. Good post.

@marshkingsdaughter

Good pick...

Just Like We Do is THE song about love.

It has a purity and innocence that only a child could offer, but the wisdom, insight and depth of a lot of life. Simultaneously direct enough in its fundamentals and sufficiently elusive and inscrutable in its details to be ultimately unobtainable. Just like a lot of things in truth and reality. I still can't figure out where it could have come from. If everyone heard that song weekly, the world would be a better, warmer, and kinder place.

@Nightmare and Mr. Pine
+1

...and yes, I am too lazy to go pull all those quotes. Sorry.