Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Nice to get nice reviews from such an awful clip. What a risk for bands to put play live. ha ha. But it's worth the risk. The track is great and actually - the Maggie Mae's performance of SAD was solid. 3 guitars!

Anyway - beside working on a short Midwest tour (our agent working on it), starting to break ground ona few video's (early stages) and continuing to have conversation w/ you guys (here, trolley, twitter, fb, ms), nothing could be more important than getting this record in your hands so we can get back out and tour it.

We are thinking creatively. Sick of the conventions.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I would looooove a Midwest tour <3
sharrkmaster
Sea Post King

Does Midwest = Oklahoma?! It better! Razz
Joined: 10 Mar 2008 | Posts: 136 | Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
skinnylove
Sea Post King

yessssss! i know im getting way ahead of myself... but the thought of eisley having a mini midwest tour is SO exciting! i really hope it works out! and if eisley were to come to indy... we have some pretty decent venues. saw a band last year in the egyptian room at the murat centre and it was amazing! but ive also heard of a venue called the 'earth house' and it looks pretty neat too. but whatever, i'll settle for anything Very Happy
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
Nice to get nice reviews from such an awful clip. What a risk for bands to put play live. ha ha. But it's worth the risk. The track is great and actually - the Maggie Mae's performance of SAD was solid. 3 guitars!

Anyway - beside working on a short Midwest tour (our agent working on it), starting to break ground ona few video's (early stages) and continuing to have conversation w/ you guys (here, trolley, twitter, fb, ms), nothing could be more important than getting this record in your hands so we can get back out and tour it.

We are thinking creatively. Sick of the conventions.

It was awesome to see Stacy playing guitar in the photos/videos.

Also, does short midwest tour mean you'll come to chicago?

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

is maryland still considered the east coast?

wait.. don't answer.
CRUD.

i surely need an eisley fix soon, but i'm going to be very patient like a good fan, in the meantime, i can't wait to get some better videos of the new song - soundin' goodd.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I'm going to be that annoying "come [here]" person but I've never been able to see Eisley live. Prior to the last few years, I was too young to see concerts, and I live in the Washington, DC area which the SA tour completely skipped.

So, come to the East Coast! We have fresh seafood and monuments and...other things... Potential Eisley fans! We have potential Eisley fans.

http://inconnumag.com
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ well, in the Midwest we have actual Eisley fans, so... Razz

I kid, I kid. I'm sure the East Coast will get love because there are so many more people packed into closer geographic regions, lots of money to be made. Just you wait. Plus you've got NPR all songs considered that would potentially land Eisley very good national exposure to a demographic apt to "get" them, I hope to sweeten the deal if they could book that show.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Congratulations wrote:
inorbit wrote:

EDIT---
So it definitely doesn't sound like REM anymore (largely thanks to Garron, I think), but stylistically, vaguely reminiscent of VERY early 10000 Maniacs... back when they were good. You'ld be surprised:

Great tune, I have a signed copy of Secrets of the I Ching on vinyl sitting in a closet right now.

Wow. Thats a piece of history.
I only got to hear IC because I had a college roommate from New York that had it (I was very young when it came out-and overseas)... I didn't hear 10KM myself until Wishing Chair... some of the IC songs are on WC, but they've very much had the major label slick and polish by that point, and suffer for it. Even the remasters on Hope Chest have lost a lot of their grit. IC was classic 10KM- wish I had a copy.

They were kind of like Eisley in that their major label studio work didn't represent what they really sounded like very well even a bit later on, which was still awesome. Led to the same kind of weird mismatch between the industry/mass market perception of them and where they were really coming from musically.

So yeah, Sad sounds really good. Look forward to hearing it a bit more lucidly.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
I'm going to be that annoying "come [here]" person but I've never been able to see Eisley live. Prior to the last few years, I was too young to see concerts, and I live in the Washington, DC area which the SA tour completely skipped.

So, come to the East Coast! We have fresh seafood and monuments and...other things... Potential Eisley fans! We have potential Eisley fans.

They came to Towson during the SA tour, which is close enough to DC whent that's all we got to work with, so to speak... Sold out pretty quick tho, only bummer!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
Sick of the conventions.

Did I miss an Eisley convention? Where, where? Razz
boyd
Eisleyoid

Our agent is officially working on the Midwest tour. It's going to be short and I'm sure there will be disappointments. I can't say exactly which markets will get a show but since we're deep on the inside here in LC and the internet is such a private resource, I'll show u the list of cities I listed as potential A & B markets:

Shreveport
Little Rock
Memphis
Nashville
Louisville
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Chicago
Bushnelle (Cornerstone)

home

Disclaimer: my guess is that at least 2-3 of these will fall off... who knows...Shreveport, Louisville, possibly Chicago (so far up North)... any of them could happen or not Smile Depends on dates/clubs available. Now I've opened up Pandora's coffin. Remember, agents work on their own terms... resources... connections... in their own way. We have the best agent in the country (books Lady Ga Ga, Coldplay, Sigor Ros, etc.) so - as much as I'm sure everyone has connections w/ clubs, etc, it'll be what he anchors. I value his affection for this band.

And, I guess it goes w/o saying, the band will be playing Sad.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:
Our agent is officially working on the Midwest tour. It's going to be short and I'm sure there will be disappointments. I can't say exactly which markets will get a show but since we're deep on the inside here in LC and the internet is such a private resource, I'll show u the list of cities I listed as potential A & B markets:

Shreveport
Little Rock
Memphis
Nashville
Louisville
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Chicago
Bushnelle (Cornerstone)

home

Disclaimer: my guess is that at least 2-3 of these will fall off... who knows...Shreveport, Louisville, possibly Chicago (so far up North)... any of them could happen or not Smile Depends on dates/clubs available. Now I've opened up Pandora's coffin. Remember, agents work on their own terms... resources... connections... in their own way. We have the best agent in the country (books Lady Ga Ga, Coldplay, Sigor Ros, etc.) so - as much as I'm sure everyone has connections w/ clubs, etc, it'll be what he anchors. I value his affection for this band.

And, I guess it goes w/o saying, the band will be playing Sad.

oh my gosh! please come back to rocketown in nashville!!! Laughing Very Happy

i will probably beg my boss to let me watch and work the show!

haha

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Boyd,

You forgot Tyler, Tx Brewtone's warm up show. Laughing

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
Nashville

Darn tootin'.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>