Laughing City
marshking
Sea Post King

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4858937&fbid=436735524769&id=825 7679769

Boyd answers others' comments pretty bluntly about certain cities/markets on the new tour Smile

He did pretty much say most the markets from the Midwest/south tour weren't gonna happen again so soon, due to the logic of planning a 45 date route. Also, no Canada (or Europe, any international) this time.

Confirmed by Boyd via comments:
San Fransisco
San Diego
L.A.
Atlanta
NYC
Houston
Chicago (prob Lincoln Hall)
Cleveland
4 markets in Florida (Orlando, Miami...?)
Detroit
Boston
New Haven, Connecticut
Seattle

Maybes:
Somewhere in Indiana (probably, he says)
NC (probably not, still trying)
Philly (routed, nonconfirmed)

Keep check on that picture and the comments... I'm guessing dates will be up in a week or so, but I have fun trying to "compile" one in the meantime! Smile Thought yall'd like this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Yay... Detroit!! We'll be there for sure! Very Happy
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Perfect timing. I can totally get Houston tickets for my birthday. Very Happy
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

My guesses for Florida are: Ft. Lauderdale (Culture Room), Orlando (The Social), Tampa (State Theater), andddd... HOPEFULLY Gainesville Wink (<-- Probably not, but a girl can hope. My actual guess would be a repeat of one of the first three or Jacksonville).
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

CHICAGO! Ah. And Lincoln Hall is so cool. I'm glad I'll be able to go, since I'm moving to Chi-town next week.

EDIT: I just read that they're playing Washington DC as well for sure.

http://inconnumag.com
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Houston!!! YES!!!! Thank you all for still playing Houston. Smile
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Wonder what it is with them and Dallas these day...
Its starting to become conspicuous. What happened?
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I pray that the D.C. show isn't 9:30 club - I cannot stand that venue anymoreeeeeee. Wait, I never could. Wait, I don't even care.. I just wanna see me some Eisley, play on the street of D.C...!
boyd
Eisleyoid

No way we're playing the 9:30 club on this tour. For one, it's too big... we need to keep this small (underplay)... just focus on reconnecting; build things... jeeze the band hasn't headlined since 2008.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

If they end up playing at The Parish in Austin I will be so jealous of my friends back home. Razz But, yay Portland!
boyd
Eisleyoid

Inorbit. re: Dallas... hmmm. "Conspicuous". All feelings and thoughts are legitimate; if you feel it, I'd love to hear more. Just so you Dallas guys will understand, The Mild Mild Midwest Tour was specifically routed to get the band up to Cornerstone. Markets along the path were logical. It wasn't an exclusion. I think we might have unfortunately given that impression - but it's just purely circumstantial. Yes, we're totally playing Dallas on this tour - and on every US tour. In fact, I'd say it's more like... the finale'. Maybe we've lost the base there... i dunno. With all the industry crap the band has dealt with, it's somewhat of a miracle to have interest from media, labels, fans, etc.

But - yes, I'd say we will work hard to restore faith, love, loyalty in what we consider to be Eisley's original home turf... home crowd. We're probably going to play a smaller club just so we don't come off like, "Hellooo Dallas" (like little bands do to sound big - i hate that). It is, in fact, an underplay tour; we'd rather test the waters, build things, talk about the new record, play new songs at play smaller clubs, bars, 'intimate' (meh... creepy) settings. But in a way, those smaller settings are better for connecting with a core base; anyway, it's not about being big. It's about being.

end of ramble.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
No way we're playing the 9:30 club on this tour. For one, it's too big... we need to keep this small (underplay)... just focus on reconnecting; build things... jeeze the band hasn't headlined since 2008.

i just got the biggest sappy faced grin. i'm ready to reconnect too, guys... haha how dorky of me. but really! vury excited for something smaller, something at all!

also, bringing a friend seeing yall for the first time! she's ready for her fix.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
We're probably going to play a smaller club just so we don't come off like, "Hellooo Dallas" (like little bands do to sound big - i hate that).

It is, in fact, an underplay tour; we'd rather test the waters, build things, talk about the new record, play new songs at play smaller clubs, bars, 'intimate' (meh... creepy) settings. But in a way, those smaller settings are better for connecting with a core base; anyway, it's not about being big. It's about being.

end of ramble.

The use of quotes and parens in that passage (and the sentiments they express) bring me a since of satisfaction and joy. Mr. Green

Chicago is doable for me if the dates are good. Now, If I can just get my two recently "fan'd" friends to come back out after having seen you guys so recently, that will be perfect. Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I'll be bringing a gaggle of impressionable-and-music-loving college first-years with me. And any already-fans that I can find.

ALSO: If Boyd ever reads this--I know you haven't released tour dates yet, but do you know if there will be any overlap/conflict with the Say Anything tour? I already have tickets to see Max in Chicago, but I'll sell them if that means I can't see Eisley.

http://inconnumag.com
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

boyd wrote:
Inorbit. re: Dallas... hmmm. "Conspicuous". All feelings and thoughts are legitimate; if you feel it, I'd love to hear more. ....

Feeling mildly guilty that my off-hand quip caused enough consternation to warrant such a concerned and considered response from the man himself, but grateful for the information.

I suppose I was simply reacting prematurely to the absence of Dallas on the dates listed earlier- assuming that the list was more comprehensive than perhaps it is at this point. But it was against the backdrop of also having observed the omission of Dallas from the recent mini-tour along with the absence of any non-tour shows here despite multiple random shows in LA somewhat quizzically of late. Given that Dallas is only a couple hours drive and could be done for virtually no overhead, it was easy to imagine that perhaps there was some (possibly private) reason Eisley felt like playing everywhere around here BUT Dallas. When I didn't see us on the list for national tour, it made a compelling case that perhaps something was up. Relieved to have it confirmed as a mis-perception.

I suppose any of us here could equally have driven out to Brewtones if we'd felt strongly enough about it.

I'm quite sure Eisley still has lots of fans here though. As bad as Dallas is at supporting its actually thriving and talented community of under-appreciated local artists when its really local, once an act develops a higher profile Dallas tends to embrace them with fairly uncritical loyalty and affection- especially if they didn't move to LA, New York or Austin as soon as they got some press- but notwithstanding Dallas seems to claim everyone it can possibly construe as its own. I think there is still quite a lot of genuine (if maybe somewhat dormant) love for Eisley here. and with a bit of advance pr to jog peoples memories, I'd bet a reasonably publicized Eisley show will still pulll;

I think a lot of people here would be elated to welcome Eisley back. Its been since what, 2008 since they headlined a show here.

Underplay + Eisley in Dallas = buy tickets EARLY, IMO.