Laughing City
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

This was my 9th Eisley show in 7 years and the band did not disappoint.

The setlist:

The Valley
Invasion
Ten Cent Blues
Come Clean
Brightly Wound
Tree Tops
Marvelous Things
Go Away
Telescope Eyes
My Lovely
Be Kind
Golly Sandra
Many Funerals
I Could Be There For You
Memories
I Wasn't Prepared
Sad
Lost at Sea
Ambulance

Trolleywood

This was the second time the band headlined at Chop Suey, which is a pretty small venue. The place was comfortably packed, not sure if the show was sold out. Christie and Colin came on promptly at 8pm and she was amazing. Picked up her CD from her after and spoke to her briefly and both she and Colin signed it.

I'm sorry--I was just not into Ives the Band. There have been many opening bands that I've seen throughout my life that have been great, but Ives was just not one of them.

So moving on, the band came on at 9:45pm, opening with The Valley and continuing on with the set. Garron and Weston left the stage for Telescope Eyes, which was redone for this tour with just keyboards and acoustic guitars. Garron came back for Be Kind and then Weston returned for Golly Sandra and then on.

Trolleywood was an impromptu encore by Sherri, Stacy and Chauntelle. They had nothing planned after Ambulance, which was supposed to be the final song.

Anyone know what was up with the lighting? All three bands were illuminated by two lights that gave a purple/red glow and that didn't change throughout the night.

One final note, for those still going to shows on this tour, the merch is starting to run out. Not all shirts are available in all sizes anymore. The hoodie they only had in Youth Large, which is a bit tight on me, but I reeeeally wanted it.

Thank you Eisley for coming out to Seattle again. See you in the spring?

-William
sully_51
Golly, Poster

Has anyone gotten a recording of the "impromptu" encore Trolleywood? They ran out of time at the shows I went to, and weren't able to play it. I really want to hear the new arrangement!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

sully_51 wrote:
Has anyone gotten a recording of the "impromptu" encore Trolleywood? They ran out of time at the shows I went to, and weren't able to play it. I really want to hear the new arrangement!

They did it Eugene, as well (but not Portland, after Sherri had said they will if we're good. I guess we weren't good, haha), after the crowd was chanting "Trol-ley-Wood! Trol-ley-Wood!" (I guess that's what Sherri meant by good. Eugene's crowd was actually fantastic)

I ran out of room to record video on my phone (I was supposed to clear out a bunch of pics and vids before I went so I had lots of space, but forgot). It didn't seem like a different arrangement or anything. The crowd took care of the percussion and clapped the beat, and someone even stomped the ground hard for the bass off-beat in the song. It was fantastic, and I wish I could have recorded it, but then again I wouldn't have been able to clap and move and sing along if I did so maybe it's better that I was just enjoying the moment. I did record Brightly Wound and Many Funerals. I'll make a Portland/Eugene thread and post them.