Laughing City
leighish
Vintage Newbie

First of all I am completely stoked that the show is in the Warehouse Studio. That's probably my favorite space in the city. It's so intimate and comfortable and usually the sound is phenomenal. Anyway, who else is planning on going?

Rob and I are going to make it our first post-baby date night. It's actually kind of perfect. The stars pretty much aligned on this one. The 26th is 3 days after our 5th wedding anniversary and for those who don't know, we actually met on this board. Yep. It's all romantical and such.

Very Happy
Super duper excited!

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

I'm extreemely excited about the Houston show too! Looking forward to experiencing Eisley at the Warehouse Studio; thank you for that info! Smile

5 years?! That's incredible! Very Happy

Tell Rob i'm finally working on his idea using firefox.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Gosh, it would be nice to be able to carpool/fly here. Going to Houston by myself has been nightmarishly impossible. I can hardly believe my first Eisley show was in Houston in 2003. Seven years!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
leighish
Vintage Newbie

Oh Jamie, grow a pair!!!

Laughing

Maybe I just want you to come to Houston so I can rub it in your face that Rob is with me and ha ha ha you will never have him again. Twisted Evil
[/long running joke]

theantrider wrote:
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Wish I could go, but I can't afford it and I'll be in San Antonio for Thanksgiving break.

I think this is the first Houston Eisley show I've missed since the acoustic tour back in '07.

crusso
Sea Post King

Totally going. I've never seen Eisley live yet because every other tour they were in town when I couldn't go. It'll feel kinda weird going by myself, but whatever, I'll still have fun getting to see them live.

The venue is pretty good ya? I've not been to many (read: any) shows in Houston, because that's not usually my gig, but I'll make an exception here this friday.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

crusso wrote:
Totally going. I've never seen Eisley live yet because every other tour they were in town when I couldn't go. It'll feel kinda weird going by myself, but whatever, I'll still have fun getting to see them live.

The venue is pretty good ya? I've not been to many (read: any) shows in Houston, because that's not usually my gig, but I'll make an exception here this friday.

In my initial post, I failed to mention how CLEAN Warehouse Live is. So much better than say...Numbers?

theantrider wrote:
crusso
Sea Post King

Well that's good to know. Once I found out it was no-smoking I knew I'd be able to go if I wanted to. I've been in some smoking venues in Cleveland; they're great venues but I don't like being covered in a layer of smoke when I get home.
marshking
Sea Post King

I'll be there!

I just moved from Mississippi to Houston spur-of-the-moment to help take care of my grandmother... and I'm here! So I'm excited to be going to my 8th Eisley show without having to drive 5-9 hours!

It'll be a relief being able to see Eisley every tour without that drive. I'm excited to be here in Houston.

My boyfriend made me drive on the freeway the other day for the first time (I-10) on the way to Ikea, and I screamed like a woman. I am so scared of driving here. I'm so used to country two-laned roads!

See you guys at the show!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
leighish
Vintage Newbie

anyone who will be there, you can spot me by the brooch I'll be sporting on my sweater. It's two owls. Yep. I'm an old married lady.

theantrider wrote:
crusso
Sea Post King

I'll probably have my Ferrari shirt, which I'm quite fond of.

The best way to learn to drive here is by doing it. When I first started my dad threw me out on 59 during the week at rush hour. It was nuts.
VanezR
Sea Post King

oh you guys i hope i can make it !!!!!!! Very Happy
i havent bought my tickets, is it sold out *checks online*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
plentypine
Sea Post King

The studio is the smaller room correct? I saw them play that stage when they opened for Say Anything, which I think was the last time they were in Houston (about a year ago?).
Well, today is the day! Can't wait. Still waiting to hear back from Boyd about the camera policy, but he's pretty confident SLRs will be allowed in!