Laughing City
mykatjim
Sea Post King

IT'S TONIGHT!

i'll be there alone. say hi if you see me! i have long black hair, glasses and a blue hoodie.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Blah! I wanted to go, but I'm way too exhausted to do all that driving by myself, and I couldn't find anyone who wanted to carpool/ride along. :-\

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Was nice to catch them, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't seen more inspired Eisley shows before. They seem a bit burnt. Understandable, under the circumstances, of course.

Still, Memories and ICBTFY came off very, very nicely and fleetingly managed to recapture a bit of their usual power, intensity and atmosphere, as did Kind, which was absolutely exquisite. They have that one truly nailed. Really flawless.

Didn't help that the sound was weak and flaccid at the venue; Don't think it was the sound guy's fault- the mix was spot on. Just seemed like an embarrassingly wimpy PA. Definitely the quietest Eisley show I've seen... towards the back of the room it was almost background music- conversations going on over the top of it.

Still not a bad way to spend and hour or two.... Not a bad show really- pleasant, comfortable vibe, at least. But if you missed it, you definitely didn't miss one of their more epic performances, imo. Technically well executed, but somewhat mechanical set, quickly traversed in a workmanlike fashion... no surprises... no encores... nothing unpredictable. I'm speculating, but if anything they seemed simply glad to have the tour done with.

And maybe part of it is playing these corporate venues that are way too anal about set times for headliners- sometimes keeps bands minds on the clock- makes headliners come off a bit like openers... leaves you subconsciously waiting for the main event... then its kind of like- "oh yeah... that was the main event"... and next you're hustling out the door. Gives the whole thing a heavily Taylorist feel that makes for efficient factories but fits poorly with art.

There seemed to be some kind of medical emergency going on at the back towards the end...looked a bit worrying. hope everyone ended up OK.

All in all, still glad they came and not sorry I went. Good to see them active again.
Last edited by inorbit on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:19 am; edited 9 times in total
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

It was so so fun.

We should have name tags with our screen names on them.

SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

Next time i should go with a shirt that has my screen name printed on it.
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
The door people at the Palladium were massive douchebags the last time I attended a show there, but I have little complaint about the venue or area otherwise. But the douchebaggery displayed by the door people has soured my overall opinion of the venue greatly.

Hopefully, those people were all fired, and we can all have a great time there. Laughing

It was a couple of years ago, but I felt just fine with parking my car in the immediate area for a handful of shows.

they were bossy but they weren't rude and they didn't act like jerks.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:

And maybe part of it is playing these corporate venues that are way too anal about set times for headliners- sometimes keeps bands minds on the clock- makes headliners come off a bit like openers... leaves you subconsciously waiting for the main event... then its kind of like- "oh yeah... that was the main event"... and next you're hustling out the door. Gives the whole thing a heavily Taylorist feel that makes for efficient factories but fits poorly with art.

QFT Exclamation

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

Who all went?
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I recognized some of you from your photos but it would have been creepy to just start talking to people i don't really know.