Laughing City
LacyFace
Sea Post King

This is no surprise especially with the help of Darren and Jeremy. Stacy has been working on her solo album for a year now. So excited to hear more news of it.

Jeremy Larson announces his secret project!
http://jeremylarson.typepad.com/jeremy_larson/
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

I may have just squee'd at the computer.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Wink
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

I like the way this guy talks about music! Sounds very promising indeed! Very Happy
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Not surprised, and SO looking forward to it, if it turned out to be what I HOPE it will sound like...

Be nice if Perma (even if it's just Sherri solo) could do the same. I could actually see Perma and Stacy's solo having more in common. If Eisley becomes the "Rock Band" and the ballads and melancholy find a home on side projects, I have no doubt it would all be pretty brilliant. That would make a Brewtones show of Christie, Stacy, & Perma be really fluid.

Plus it allows them to create separate revenue streams for their own households. Not a bad thing.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Congratulations
Sea Post King

OH WOW, this is awesome news. I'm really digging the Polaroid photos, too. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

can not wait for this.

i hope this doesnt sound wrong, but i always thought stacy was the one who would branch out with solo material.

maybe it is just because sherri is the guitarist/singer that i always thought Eisley seemed to be her outlet with stacy just bringing in a few, albeit great, songs.

but sherri did/does most of the lyric writting correct?

ever since the leaked demos (not that again) I have been waiting for a stacy solo project.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

mr pine wrote:
can not wait for this.

i hope this doesnt sound wrong, but i always thought stacy was the one who would branch out with solo material.

ever since the leaked demos (not that again) I have been waiting for a stacy solo project.

Doesn't sound wrong at all, I've been waiting for this announcement since 2006. Ha.
Her solo stuff (I am not talking about this... Wink)
is very stylistically different and I enjoy it more than most of the material on Eisley's LPs. Um...yeaaaa.
Last edited by princesstripandfall on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Personally, I think Sherri's creativity is the backbone of and the driving force behind Eisley, so I agree that Stacy is the logical choice for a solo-albumy thing. I still kind of prefer Sherri's writing to Stacy's. It's just more vivid and whimsical, while Stacy's seems to go more for the abstract. At any rate:

DO WANT.

http://inconnumag.com
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
mr pine wrote:
can not wait for this.

Doesn't sound wrong at all, I've been waiting for this announcement since 2006. Ha.
is very stylistically different and I enjoy it more than most of the material on Eisley's LP. Um...yeaaaa.

See, when I got into Eisley (Marvelous Things 03') I didn't pay attention to who sang what. By the time Combinations came out I thought Sherri was the focal point because she did most of the interviews I saw/ read. When I bothered to start paying attention to who sang more (the page on OGG {RIP} that had Who Sang What) made me feel that Stacy was the focal point of the group, performance wise, and handled the more prominent role of Singer compared to Sherri. I didn't go back and count, but that is just how it seems, that Stacy sings leads on more songs, whether she wrote them or not.

Maybe I'm in the majority, but it seems like she's the (forgive the reference) Stevie Nicks to Sherri's Lindsey Buckingham, or Michael to Sherri's Janet (the Jacksons), Ben Gibbard to Sherri's Chris Walla I could do this for hours, but it would get ridiculous real quick and only grow moreso exponentially with each passing reference.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Last edited by wilsmith on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ks1990
Lost at Forum

OMFG!

How exciting!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I'm so excited for this. It's cool cause they have free reign of creativity and instrumentation with it. This is great news, indeed.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

oh i know i will just love this! it cannot come out soon enough. Smile
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
princesstripandfall wrote:
mr pine wrote:
can not wait for this.

is very stylistically different and I enjoy it more than most of the material on Eisley's LP. Um...yeaaaa.

See, when I got into Eisley (Marvelous Things 03') I didn't pay attention to who sang what. By the time Combinations came out I thought Sherri was the focal point because she did most of the interviews I saw/ read. When I bothered to start paying attention to who sang more (the page on OGG {RIP} that had Who Sang What) made me feel that Stacy was the focal point of the group, performance wise, and handled the more prominent role of Singer compared to Sherri. I didn't go back and count, but that is just how it seems, that Stacy sings leads on more songs, whether she wrote them or not.

Maybe I'm in the majority, but it seems like she's the (forgive the reference) Stevie Nicks to Sherri's Lindsey Buckingham, or Michael to Sherri's Janet (the Jacksons), Ben Gibbard to Sherri's Chris Walla I could do this for hours, but it would get ridiculous real quick and only grow moreso exponentially with each passing reference.

I agree that musically, Stacy is the focal point of Eisley's performances. I still think that Sherri's personality and general type of creativity is more present in the writing and the overall feel of Eisley's music.

http://inconnumag.com
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ugh, I meant Minority, not "Majority"...

BTW, Anybody remember where the interview is where Sherri says that she's more direct in her writing and Stacy is more abstract??? Because of that I retroactively think of Stacy when I think of the more "Out There" Eisley songs, which is the inverse of what everyone is saying here. I guess with Sherri's photos and drawings being featured in all the Eisley graphics as well as what she shares, in that way she's created a persona artistically that fits with their more surreal material, then boom pow, in your face comes Smarter, Sad, & 192 Days and Kind, Ambulance, The Valley which fits what she said in the interview, the shifted being, them writing from true experiences, so the mythical allusions are lessened and replaced with poetic expression of facts over fiction.

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Oh my my. Oh hell yes.

goto page
 | next >>