Laughing City
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I played threw it once but i'm going to save my opinion till i get the CD.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Favorites:
Sad, Watch It Die, Please, Mr. Moon, Oxygen Mask

Least played:
Smarter, Ambulance

I didn't initially like "I Wish" as much as a lot of the people here, but it's been stuck in my head ALL DAY. Especially the second verse. The bridge and chorus both get a little repetitive for me--a la "Come Clean"--but I still think it's a stellar song.

http://inconnumag.com
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I Wish, Oxygen Mask, Please, Watch it Die, Sad.

Really they're all fantastic. Even The Valley and Ambulance are still fantastic; I think if we hadn't heard them so long ago, people would be raving about them now.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

"Sad" is actually my favorite. I think I've listened to it the most of all the songs on the album. Every time I listen with headphones on, I hear something that I hadn't heard before. It's just a really perfect song.

http://inconnumag.com
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

No particular order:

Ambulance
Better Love
Mr. Moon
Please
Smarter

kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i wish, for sure.

also really digging oxygen mask and please. i love sad. i really do.. but i think i prefer it live.
i'm mostly focusing on the songs i haven't heard before, anyways.

but there isn't any one song i don't like... or i see myself always hitting 'next' if it pops up on my ipod (like there are some songs from the past albums) i would say better love is my least favorite, but i still like it better than i've liked any other of my least favorites from the other albums.

-Mae West
FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

ks1990 wrote:
Even The Valley and Ambulance are still fantastic; I think if we hadn't heard them so long ago, people would be raving about them now.

Totally agree.

"Watch it Die" is my current favorite. Like a couple other people, I have had "I Wish" stuck in my head all day and am loving it more than I initially did.

... Pretty much, I just love this album.
Congratulations
Sea Post King

I've listened to Mr. Moon more than any other track, by far. I also really dig The Valley, Watch it Die, Kind, and Ambulance.

I've been skipping Smarter, easily my least favorite, and Better Love pretty regularly.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

It's a solid album, all of the songs are really good. I guess Sad, Watch it Die and Better Love are up there, and I Wish and Oxygen Mask and the older songs and well yeah hard to pick. Kind is my favorite. It's so pretty. The strings seem a bit over-the-top and unnecessary but I'm used to the live version. I prefer the acoustic version of Please too because of the slightly different way Stacy sings it and just overall, it's a great song.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
sebas
Golly, Poster

Ambulance is probably my favorite ever, but I really like Mr. Moon. There are no songs I don't like, so I think that's what matters most.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I agree that hearing some songs such a long time ago may have skewed my feelings. "Favorites" may have been different if some songs weren't already played out. Laughing Welp, can't change the past sooo.... Wink

Fave: Definitely "I Wish." I like the unique verses, the changes from acoustic to full band, the breakdown bridge at the end...everything!

Another one that didn't register as a "favorite," but is in my head constantly is "Watch It Die."

There are some songs that I liked more initially than others, but even those that I would consider "least liked" grew on me to the point where I skip TO listen to them now as I hear some new nuance that I didn't before (like in Sad, Please (album), and Smarter).

Honestly, looking at the list, there's something about each song that I could say I love. I'm glad Eisley are creative enough not to sound the same song after song. There's something for everyone. Wink Laughing
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
It's a solid album, all of the songs are really good. I guess Sad, Watch it Die and Better Love are up there, and I Wish and Oxygen Mask and the older songs and well yeah hard to pick. Kind is my favorite. It's so pretty. The strings seem a bit over-the-top and unnecessary but I'm used to the live version. I prefer the acoustic version of Please too because of the slightly different way Stacy sings it and just overall, it's a great song.

Me too! I love the acoustic version. Stacy definitely sings it with more passion, and... I don't know. It makes the album version sound more sedated.

Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

It's SO hard to choose. Right now my favorites are: Sad and I wish. But I love the rest too. Very Happy
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Favorite: I Wish. SO EFFIN' GOOD. It's not a style I'd expect from them, either. Mad 90s vibes. At first, I wished it was all Stacy, but Sherri's little parts have really grown on me. Her voice sounds especially high pitched throughout this album, and sometimes (so far) it's a little much (like on Sad), but other times I kind of dig it.

I also seem to listen to Better Love and Please the most, but I love Oxygen Mask and Watch it Die a whole lot, too. My only issue with Please is towards the end, the lil' message to Max--it's cute, but such If You're Wondering vibes at times...

And my only real problem with the album overall is that, to me, the writing sounds a little immature at times. Judging by the document the label rep posted, Sherri's the real songwriter out of the two (not to dis my girl, Stacy--her writing's not bad, but she's definitely the voice), and at times, it's some of her best writing, but at others, it's her worst. Like, mad AP vibes at times.

Still don't think this is their Rumours, but they're getting pretty damn close.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Also, are the "My love for you..." parts Chauntelle? Love, if so.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>