Laughing City
boone
Vintage Newbie

I could see doing this, although I know that she's so self-involved, she wouldn't even get it. And anything is more mature than pretending that you don't exist, so no matter what you do, you still win. It feels like cheating sometimes.

Honestly, I was worried that this album would make me want to drink hemlock and go back to bed, but I'm really glad the tone was a bit higher than that. It's more exasperated than depressed. If I ever get around to writing a review, I think I'd title it "Der müde Tod"—"The weary death."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
It's more exasperated than depressed.

Definitely. I wish you would find time to write that review. This album isn't your typical post break-up "woe is me" album. It's more of a "Well, that sucked. Next!!!"

Haha.

FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
If I ever get around to writing a review, I think I'd title it "Der müde Tod"—"The weary death."

Nice! Now I am imagining Fritz Lang movies with Eisley soundtracks...

Seriously, I agree about the tone of the album - it is spot on in hitting the heartbroken, pained, but eventually uplifting reality of getting over a relationship and realizing you're better and stronger for it.
boone
Vintage Newbie

GJ—If I can find time, I'll write it. Not sure where I'll use it exactly, but it'll be a good writing sample no matter where it ends up.

Franny—I'm pleased you caught the reference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
boone wrote:
It's more exasperated than depressed.

Definitely. I wish you would find time to write that review. This album isn't your typical post break-up "woe is me" album. It's more of a "Well, that sucked. Next!!!"

Haha.

Wow, I nearly wrote the same thing. Actually I did write something similar but decided to scrap it because I wasn't happy with how I was wording it. Something like how it was a credit to them that they avoided sounding whiny or pissy, and cumulativetly The Valley expresses:

1. This is what happened
2. This is how we felt
3. This is what we did about it

norad
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
GJ—If I can find time, I'll write it. Not sure where I'll use it exactly, but it'll be a good writing sample no matter where it ends up.

Send it into SYP. Smile www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/fan-reviews