Laughing City
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
Congratulations wrote:
I still think they should have made the Sci-Fi/flying saucer video that WB wanted to produce. But maybe that's just me.

At least we have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cal6cBKOG7E

Oh crap don't bring that up in here for it to be cut to shreds! That was just for fun. Talk about the artist having no input. That's really not even the imagery that song brings up in my own imagination when I listen to it.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Nowhere Man wrote:
Oh crap don't bring that up in here for it to be cut to shreds! That was just for fun. Talk about the artist having no input. That's really not even the imagery that songs brings up in my own imagination when I listen to that song.

You won't hear any cutting from me. I dig it. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
norad
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Congratulations wrote:
I still think they should have made the Sci-Fi/flying saucer video that WB wanted to produce. But maybe that's just me.

Oh crap don't bring that up in here for it to be cut to shreds! That was just for fun. Talk about the artist having no input. That's really not even the imagery that song brings up in my own imagination when I listen to it.

Haha that video is awesome! You should send it in to SYP. Cool
praddler
Sea Post King

Why am I thinking of this? Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI8khooPyJk

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

norad wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
Congratulations wrote:

Haha that video is awesome! You should send it in to SYP. Cool

Haha, whoever made that "A Kiss From Mars" video also did one for "Lady of the Wood" that's pretty good, actually.

http://inconnumag.com
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Haha, whoever made that "A Kiss From Mars" video also did one for "Lady of the Wood" that's pretty good, actually.

I saw that one, too. Good stuff.

I also remember a cool video for "Blackened Crown." I think it had a deer, a castle, and an archer, or something like that. I used to watch it all the time on YouTube, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Polaris
Sea Post King

mister_joseph wrote:
I pitched an idea to Boyd for "Golly Sandra" that was based on such a method. I told him it would be cool just to set up the band around their living room, with the camera going around in a circular fashion while the band played. To make it visually striking, have it in either B&W or a Sepia-tone. No gimmicky stuff, just straight performance.

I honestly don't like videos where it's just the band playing...I like music videos to tell some kind of story that could be related to the song, y'know? It doesn't have to be flashy or anything.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
I pitched an idea to Boyd for "Golly Sandra" that was based on such a method. I told him it would be cool just to set up the band around their living room, with the camera going around in a circular fashion while the band played. To make it visually striking, have it in either B&W or a Sepia-tone. No gimmicky stuff, just straight performance.

I always had a similar idea, but I thought, since the song was about a father who wasn't around to see his daughter grow up, that Stacy should dress up like a man, Charlie Chaplin style, and do scenes of that, then cutting between a father pondering his absence, to the band singing. I thought that'd be kind of fun and quirky. It'd have to be in black and white and grainy quality. for those Charlie Chaplin parts.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

I really hope that the video is for sad or the valley.
But any video from eisley is still awesome. Very Happy

StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Polaris wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

I honestly don't like videos where it's just the band playing...I like music videos to tell some kind of story that could be related to the song, y'know? It doesn't have to be flashy or anything.
I can totally see a video like that for "Sad" -- start with a shot of Sherri in bed looking forlorn as a guy (seen only from the back) swings his feet over the edge and walks away without looking back. Etc.
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

Maybe it's Better love. That would be a good single/video.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I thought that it was determined a long time ago that Smarter was going to be the first single...........?
oathmeal
Sea Post King

^^That's what I had assumed. Definitely wouldn't mind for it to be Smarter because I love that song, but I would love to see a Better Love or Watch It Die video. Maybe sometime in the future.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

StuartBuck wrote:
Polaris wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

I can totally see a video like that for "Sad" -- start with a shot of Sherri in bed looking forlorn as a guy (seen only from the back) swings his feet over the edge and walks away without looking back. Etc.

Yeah, that's the point when concept videos get crappy. Much like I don't want to watch a music video that's just the band playing the song, I also don't want to watch one that's a visual copy of what's being sung. There's so much more that can be done with the medium.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Q: Why could they possibly not be shooting a video for Smarter?

A: Sometimes there's a single released to radio just before an album to generate interest. If it catches on then it might get the major single treatment, and get a video. If it doesn't, another single is prepped and given that treatment. In the case of long building albums, sometimes previously released for radio tunes may be brought back later in the album cycle as the artists popularity increases so it can get more traction. This came up in a few threads regarding Cable Car, Who Will Save Your Soul, or Delilah which was under slightly different circumstances.

I would be surprised if Ambulance gets the full treatment, but I've got this gut feeling it might be Oxygen Mask, plus I'm pretty sure that's on the Sticker that's on the album anyways right???

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area