Laughing City
oathmeal
Sea Post King

So a little while ago I woke up to a text from a friend asking me what I was doing tomorrow night. I said I didn't know, but I was probably about to find out. He told me that he had been walking around the OU campus and he saw posters everywhere for a free Eisley concert there tomorrow night. I told him he was lying because it wasn't on the Eisley site but when I went to the OU site they had it listed in their concerts along with a short bio and the video of Stacy singing Silver Springs.

So I will totally be going to this. Definitely gonna make up for missing them on the Rooney tour due to ice. Plus this time they're headlining. Here's the link:
http://www.ou.edu/upb/concerts.html
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Very nice! And any excuse for me to listen to that Silver Spring song again (from the link you gave). Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

In the Tour announcement he mentioned some college dates that they couldn't publish due to contractual obligations. So there's one right there! That worked out great for you! have fun, report back.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
oathmeal
Sea Post King

Will do. Turns out my friend is gonna go with me, so I also get the chance to introduce him to some great music.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I think Mates of State are playing there as well - hella lucky for yallz!
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Very cool. Enjoy the show and have a great time. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Awesome... The only thing better than an Eisley concert is a FREE Eisley concert!

Hope you had a a great time! You'll have to give us full report Smile

oathmeal
Sea Post King

Omg. The concert was so great. I got to stand right up front between Stacy and Sherri. They played a total of 19 songs (because they didn't play the encore) and then afterward my friend and I waited around for about an hour to meet the band. Weston was loading gear in the van and a guy next to us asked if he needed help, so we got to help Weston load gear into the trailer Very Happy . Then we came back inside and waited some more and finally the band came out to take pictures with the around 15 fans that stayed the extra hour to meet them. Weston walked up to my friend and me and talked to us for a bit and then he saw that I had a setlist and he told me that if I had a sharpie he would sign it. I didn't have one so he went and looked for one for me. Then he took it to the rest of the band and had them sign it. I also talked to Darren for a little bit.

So afterward I asked my friend if he liked the show and he absolutely loved it. He didn't want to buy a shirt but he wanted to support them so he walked up to Christie after the show and gave her $20 because he said the show touched him. I had four copies of the Valley so I gave him one and he listened to it on the way home and he's an Eisley fan now!!

This is the setlist:
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Cool! I'm glad you had a good time and jealous they came to your school. Razz

I do hope that the set list for the tour itself will be different though. Why tour for a new record and then keep the set largely the same as it's been for...years?
oathmeal
Sea Post King

I was actually glad that they played a bunch of old stuff because it was the first time that I've been able to see them. I had been waiting since Room Noises (which is my favorite cd ever) so I was wanting to hear a bunch of those songs.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
Cool! I'm glad you had a good time and jealous they came to your school. Razz

I do hope that the set list for the tour itself will be different though. Why tour for a new record and then keep the set largely the same as it's been for...years?

Must say I agree there, too bad there's not a real surprise nugget among them. Not even a Mr. Pine. Has he been felled for good? Sad

But anyway it sounds like a great show! Very Happy

oathmeal
Sea Post King

Yep it was. It definitely would have been cool if they could have played Mr. Pine or Lady of the Wood, but the concert was still amazing.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

oathmeal wrote:
Omg. The concert was so great. I got to stand right up front between Stacy and Sherri. They played a total of 19 songs (because they didn't play the encore) and then afterward my friend and I waited around for about an hour to meet the band. Weston was loading gear in the van and a guy next to us asked if he needed help, so we got to help Weston load gear into the trailer Very Happy . Then we came back inside and waited some more and finally the band came out to take pictures with the around 15 fans that stayed the extra hour to meet them. Weston walked up to my friend and me and talked to us for a bit and then he saw that I had a setlist and he told me that if I had a sharpie he would sign it. I didn't have one so he went and looked for one for me. Then he took it to the rest of the band and had them sign it. I also talked to Darren for a little bit.

So afterward I asked my friend if he liked the show and he absolutely loved it. He didn't want to buy a shirt but he wanted to support them so he walked up to Christie after the show and gave her $20 because he said the show touched him. I had four copies of the Valley so I gave him one and he listened to it on the way home and he's an Eisley fan now!!

This is the setlist:

That's AWESOME! Mr. Green

Is it wrong that seeing a line through $.10 Blues made me smile? Razz Not saying it's a bad song, I just think it would be cooler to hear it as part of an acoustic set, and not the main one... but that's just me.

I guess other folks will feel the same way about not seeing Smarter.

Me, I'm thinking, there are going to be people who've never heard ANY Eisley at a free College Show, so better to give them the best of everything that's out there for purchase and readily accessible.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
oathmeal
Sea Post King

That's true. There were quite a few people who were there just because it was free. Most of them the people who were around me were saying that they had never heard of them.
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Don't worry guys Very Happy The setlist for the headlining tour is going to be different. Sherri said on her tumblr that they're planning to play more new songs during the tour.

sdupreebemis wrote:
yohomessmellyalater asked: Any idea what the setlist will be like on tour?

We’ll be doing more new songs we haven’t played yet…Probably ‘I wish’ for sure, because a lot of people keep asking for that one Smile