Laughing City
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I think the video suits the song well. They all look beautiful, which is no surprise, but it's true.

To me, this video shows how someone pulls themselves out of the depression that follows a break up. At the beginning, Sherri is dead, or in some state of paralysis, and she wakes up, as if she's inspired by some new sense of purpose.

She walks to the church to meet her band (family) and she doesn't look angry, but rather determined. Stacy doesn't seem too terribly sad, but pensive, like someone waiting at a bus stop.

It's the theme of the album: it sucked, we felt pain, we got over it, we found new love, we're stronger than ever.

A random thing I liked was the ceiling fan when the band was playing.

Those are my thoughts, for now.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

cynlovescandy wrote:
I think the video suits the song well. They all look beautiful, which is no surprise, but it's true.

To me, this video shows how someone pulls themselves out of the depression that follows a break up. At the beginning, Sherri is dead, or in some state of paralysis, and she wakes up, as if she's inspired by some new sense of purpose.

She walks to the church to meet her band (family) and she doesn't look angry, but rather determined. Stacy doesn't seem too terribly sad, but pensive, like someone waiting at a bus stop.

It's the theme of the album: it sucked, we felt pain, we got over it, we found new love, we're stronger than ever.

A random thing I liked was the ceiling fan when the band was playing.

Those are my thoughts, for now.

you forgot to mention it looked like stacy was reminiscing what happened too by going through the memory box

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
marshking
Sea Post King

I agree about just being glad they got to MAKE a video.

Can't we just be happy that our band, OUR band that we've all loved and followed on here for so long, is getting another chance to do things big?

I think it's a simple video, but it's nice to watch, and sometimes simple is good for the masses and for potential new fans.

Positivity, guys, positivity! Yay Eisley!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kristinebazan
Sea Post King

marshking wrote:
I agree about just being glad they got to MAKE a video.

Can't we just be happy that our band, OUR band that we've all loved and followed on here for so long, is getting another chance to do things big?

I think it's a simple video, but it's nice to watch, and sometimes simple is good for the masses and for potential new fans.

Positivity, guys, positivity! Yay Eisley!

absolutely 100% agree w/ this.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Sorry guys, I didn't realize I'm not allowed to express my dislike for the video.

I am very, very happy that Eisley are finally on a label that wants to promote them. I am even happier that there will be another video this year.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

While I like forming my own imagery to music, I love music videos and seeing the artist's visual concepts as well. Cool

I like the video, but I can definitely see the point about it being basic with just singing to/towards the camera. Confused I kind of had that thought myself with just one viewing, but I *loved* the full band shots at the end.

Of course, the death/reawakening makes sense now that it's not 6 am (when I first watched it) and explained. It's almost obvious with the organ intro/lying on back with dead flowers/wearing black in a church looking at photos, etc. but I didn't connect the dots automatically.

So, in summary! I think it's beautifully shot, concept is there, I only wish the full band shots were longer! (Though I get the climax part of the story being the full band.)

Oh yeah, and I love how it ends with that look from Sherri and the cut. Razz Cool

Can't wait for the next video! Very Happy
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Sorry guys, I didn't realize I'm not allowed to express my dislike for the video.

I am very, very happy that Eisley are finally on a label that wants to promote them. I am even happier that there will be another video this year.

You are allowed! People just don't like rain on their cupcakes, because it makes them soggy and gross.

Do we know there will be another video? If so, that is cause for happiness, indeed.

norad
Vintage Newbie

I think the other video is a for sure thing. I just reeeeeeeally hope it isn't for Ambulance or The Valley. We've heard those songs for a long time now and they should really chose one of the newer songs on the album. Cool
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
Saellys wrote:

You are allowed! People just don't like rain on their cupcakes, because it makes them soggy and gross.

Do we know there will be another video? If so, that is cause for happiness, indeed.

I know, I was being deeply sarcastic about being allowed to express my dislike. Wink

I think Francesca confirmed in a different thread that this absolutely won't be the only video from The Valley.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

@Nora

Agreed. I'm Team Oxygen Mask/I Wish/Watch it Die.

Also, the way I look at it is that I was kind of expecting worse. That is, Sherri's hair looked uber tweenester in that one photo, and we knew it was going to be an obvious wedding theme (which is OKAY, considering) and well, I assumed there wasn't a huge budget for it...

I think the beloved AP crowd will dig it, but it's not so over-the-top em0 that people with a more refined palate will be put off by it. I think the cinematography is quality, and that they all look fine.

As I said, I like it, but I also completely understand where the dissenters are coming from.

Also, I keep trying to Command + S this every time I write a new thought. Finals have gotten to my head.
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

I liked the video. It wasn't perfect, but it was great. I'm glad they made it and released it in such a short time period.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

listen, dont pee on my cupcakes and tell me it's frosting!

Laughing

i for one enjoy your cynical attitude and your disdain for all things emo.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i have an mp4 of the video from the website in case anyone was interested.

just saying

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

norad
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
i have an mp4 of the video from the website in case anyone was interested.

just saying

yes please.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

ok so i am still working on it.

i have the flv file for sure. and it works great. but when i converted to mp4 it would only play in itunes (not quicktime) and that was choppy.

i am trying avi now. then wmv and ill see what happens

wilsmith wrote:

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>