Laughing City
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

I'll be there tonight. Very Happy
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

well they were absolutely fantastic last night. better than the other three performances i saw.

sherri and stacy's harmonies were spot on. awe inspiring. and beautiful.

the sound was great. the crowd was into it. the band was into it. it was a great show.

i am glad my four friends, who had never seen them live before, got to see them in such top form.

as an aside. i did get a setlist. but it was a photocopy dated 05/19. so they must of re used the same set.
i did pick up a blue vinyl (25.00) and christies ep.

all in all, a good time.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
nemo1
Sea Post King

how big do you think the crowd was? Did they do an encore? if yes, which song(s)?

I agree on the awe-inspiring.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i guess a little over a hundred. but i could of been wrong.

they did do an encore. it was just stacy and sherri.
stacy took colins soap bar guitar and played just like we do.

it was great.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

ill post a couple pics from the show.

as stated before, these pics are horrible as i was using my droid camera, without flash.

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Okay, I don't wanna start trouble, but what did you think of the Narrative Mr. Pine?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Okay, I don't wanna start trouble, but what did you think of the Narrative Mr. Pine?

for those that havent heard them here is a clip of them from the show i was at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHulHatBxtQ

i mean they were ok i guess. they had odd stage banter. and the girl was dressed awkward for someone playing piano.

i was right up front so the sound wasn't great. so i am not sure if it was bad in the back.

everyone i have talked to said they were boring. I guess so.
it was more boring for me i guess because they were the 3rd band to play and i was just ready for eisley to come out.

but how exciting can the music be with just an acoustic guitar and a piano, especially if you havent heard them before.

they did do a cover of Karma Police. and people liked that

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Before the show I mentioned to a friend that they would be doing two covers in their set, one being Radiohead, and he jokingly said. "Karma Police???"

He hadn't youtubed them at all and it was almost embarrassing that he figured it out. That and "Don't Stop Believing". I think it was more awkward that they played these two songs off as a surprise or something special no one should expect.

I liked some of their songs, but all the banter made it seem like they were stalling, not like they were actual anecdotes or asides that gave you insight into the songs or their band. Most of their originals reminded me of Straylight Run

I think the covers cheapened it for me. I've heard Karma Police acoustic at SO MANY open mic nights for the last 13 years, and recently bands have been doing Don't Stop Believing to death since The Sopranos resurrected it. But oh well, bands Pander. I'm biased against overdone covers or ones that are still being played on tour by the bands who originally did them.

Besides Christie, who were the other acts at the Chitown show?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

it was a local band called dot dot dot.

and their set was great.

the guitarist was a girl named Rose and she was flawless.

here is the thing. they sounded great. it was basically poppy music.
hard guitar, but lead singer had an acoustic. drums were laid back. and they had a keyboardist.
I dug their sound.

when talking to them afterwards, they said they considered this an acoustic show and it was the second one they ever played. he said they are usually louder.
so i looked them up on youtube, they suck.
they should stick to acoustic.

if you end up checking them out, note that how they sound on youtube isnot how they sounded when i saw them. they were great when i saw them. and please do not watch their version of sabatoge. it is horrific.

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:

when talking to them afterwards, they said they considered this an acoustic show and it was the second one they ever played. he said they are usually louder.
so i looked them up on youtube, they suck.
they should stick to acoustic.

if you end up checking them out, note that how they sound on youtube isnot how they sounded when i saw them. they were great when i saw them. and please do not watch their version of sabotage. it is horrific.

Okay, that drew a belly laugh! Laughing

sully_51
Golly, Poster

I thought The Narrative were great at the Minneapolis show. Varsity Theatre has awesome acoustics though, so that might have something to do with it. I got a recording on my phone of one of their songs; I'll upload it when I get to better internet. I also got one of Christie's songs. I didn't get any of Eisley, because their stuff was too loud. The acoustic sets were perfect for recording.

I did buy The Narrative's cd, and I was disappointed in the full band take. I think I would really like an acoustic cd if they put one out.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

I think the covers cheapened it for me. I've heard Karma Police acoustic at SO MANY open mic nights for the last 13 years, and recently bands have been doing Don't Stop Believing to death since The Sopranos resurrected it. But oh well, bands Pander. I'm biased against overdone covers or ones that are still being played on tour by the bands who originally did them.

Also the gawd awful version from Glee.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
moonlightgaze
Sea Post King

Yeah, The Narrative were really awkward and a bit boring. I had no idea that dot dot dot was going to be playing, they were fun, but I could have done without them. The show didn't start until nine so I really wish they hadn't of added another band. The show ended pretty late and I had to get up at 5 the next morning, ah well, it was worth it.

Here are some shots that I was able to snap at the show:

The guys were hard to capture. They were in darkness. So I used the flash on this next shot:

Turned out ok.

When Christie came out for "I Wasn't Prepared"