Laughing City
Congratulations
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:
You guys are looking at this the wrong way. Just come to the Florida shows, and we'll have one big Laughing City meet up. Wink Very Happy

That sounds like fun. I'm at my usual hotel in Orlando right now, looking out over Lake Eola.

I'd love to come back next month.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Sad to see they're not coming to the Midwest this tour...
but we'll just anticipate the spring '12 tour that much more Smile

CBmp3
Sea Post King

Dan and Sam wrote:
...but we'll just anticipate the spring '12 tour that much more Smile

amen.

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Anyone know how to buy tickets for the Sacramento show?
It's at a Macy's Department store? Confused

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
Anyone know how to buy tickets for the Sacramento show?
It's at a Macy's Department store? Confused

I just PMed you. Smile It's on R between 14th and 15th. They played an acoustic show there a few years ago.

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Congratulations wrote:
golly_sandra wrote:
You guys are looking at this the wrong way. Just come to the Florida shows, and we'll have one big Laughing City meet up. Wink Very Happy

That sounds like fun. I'm at my usual hotel in Orlando right now, looking out over Lake Eola.

I'd love to come back next month.

That would be great! The Orlando show is on a Saturday, too! I've been debating about going to that show too, since I'll have to leave the next day for the Gainesville show (which is where I am). If we DO have a meet up, then I'll go.

Congratulations
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:
That would be great! The Orlando show is on a Saturday, too! I've been debating about going to that show too, since I'll have to leave the next day for the Gainesville show (which is where I am). If we DO have a meet up, then I'll go.

Cool, we should make a thread about it at some point to see who's interested in getting together for that show.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Can this thread turn into an "Eisley show experience" thread? Or should I make a new one?

The Sacramento show was pretty amazing. Obviously, I got some decent video, and the show itself was fun... from the moment I got out of my car!

I literally parked my car on the street, got out, started walking, and ran into Sherri and Stacy, and chatted with them for a bit. So, that was cool.
I came to the show alone, but ran into some old friends, which was fun.

I can't remember the name of the band that went before Christie, but they were... well they were "tight", just not really my cup of tea. Christie was perfect. I can't get over how beautiful her voice is, and Collin is getting really good at playing that gee-tar.

I wasn't sure what to expect from "The Marksmen", but holy moles, guys, they are SICK. The drummer is amazing, and the lead singer was, well, he was amazing, too. I mean, they were all good. If you miss this tour, you should probably do yourself a favor and get their CD, and try to catch them the next time they tour in your area. I loved them.

Eisley was okay, I guess. Wink
I think it goes without saying that they were amazing, as usual.
I didn't have time to stay afterwards, so I just snagged some merch and literally ran-walked to my car and drove home... and got up at 3:30am to go to work. Laughing

The Macy's thing was... well... it was kind of weird. It was cool because a lot of people that couldn't make it out on a Thursday night for the "real" show, were able to make it to the acoustic set on Saturday. Some cute-as-a-button girls made this beautiful sign for the band, with some really awesome art that incorporated stuff from all of their songs. It made me happy because I could just tell that they were really happy to be there. Smile I ran into a forum member that doesn't post much, but I knew her from college. Her name is Christina, and it was pretty awesome getting to catch up with her. I met a couple other forum people, but for the life of me I can't remember their names! Ugh! If you are reading this, ladies, remind me what your names are! I took their picture and it will probably end up on "sacpress", because this girl from http://www.sacramentopress.com/ saw my camera and asked me to send her my photos of the show. I ended up getting to take pictures of them being interviewed, too, which was weird because I only had my telephoto lens (small room + telephoto lens = bad), not to mention I'm not really a professional photographer by any means. So, it was incredibly awkward for me, (and for the band, too, I'm sure), but really cool, because I've never really done anything like that, before.

I'm sure there were other forum people there, but I'm not really good at remembering faces and stuff. If you were there, I'm curious: what did you think about the Macy's show? I thought it was equal parts weird and awesome.

So yeah, there is the round up of my Eisley show experience. None of my close friends really get it, so I figured I'd tell you guys!

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

How was the setlist for the Macy's thing? On Facebook they said it'd be the same length but less of the "heavy" songs I guess? I can't go to the San Antonio show so I was thinking of going to the Macy's set in Houston.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

It was several songs, none of the new ones, but they did play 192 Days. You should go!
thismirage
Sea Post King

cynlovescandy wrote:

I'm sure there were other forum people there, but I'm not really good at remembering faces and stuff. If you were there, I'm curious: what did you think about the Macy's show? I thought it was equal parts weird and awesome.

That pretty much explains it perfectly. Kinda wished they played maybe two more songs and make the set an even hour instead of 40 or so minutes.

Scored Christie's demo, which is pretty good

Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I just got back from their show in Lubbuttock. First time seeing them. Wow loved it! On the drive there I stopped at a red light and Max and Sherri walked in front of me, was so funny. It was quite a ways away from the venue and I thought about stopping and giving them a ride but it was at a busy area and it'd be kinda weird for them I imagine. It was nice out and they looked like they were enjoying the walk. So later I talked a little with Collin and Christie and got her cd's. I said hi to Max, shook his hand and he said "Nice to meet you sir" hehe. I met Chauntelle too, very nice. Christie's set was great with a few songs I haven't heard before. The Marksmen really rocked it, great live show. I said hi to a couple of them too and got their cd. Of course Eisley was great. They were tight, no technical problems. I had moved up to like the 3rd row so the sound wasn't as good as back at the bar but no disappointments. The bass and drums are really thunderous up close and live. The vocals were a little low at first but not too bad and they got louder soon. I was happy with the crowd too. It wasn't a huge turn-out but there were some hard-core Eisley fans there, singing along, well lip syncing which is better really. Nice audience response. "Mr. Moon" sounds super powerfull live. I love "One Last Song", it's a really good live song too. "192 Days" was never a huge favorite of mine but it just sounds wonderful live. I resisted the urge to get up on stage and dance around though. But anyway, loved the whole show.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
I just got back from their show in Lubbuttock. First time seeing them. Wow loved it! On the drive there I stopped at a red light and Max and Sherri walked in front of me, was so funny. It was quite a ways away from the venue and I thought about stopping and giving them a ride but it was at a busy area and it'd be kinda weird for them I imagine. It was nice out and they looked like they were enjoying the walk.

Laughing had a similar experience going to see death cab in 2008. we drove past chris walla en roue to parking, the on the other end of downtown columbia walked by him Smile

Also that part made me think of the Golden Watch in Pulp Fiction when Bruce runs ingo Ving at the stop sign, but ,ess Tarentino in nature thank God Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
I just got back from their show in Lubbuttock. First time seeing them. Wow loved it! On the drive there I stopped at a red light and Max and Sherri walked in front of me, was so funny. It was quite a ways away from the venue and I thought about stopping and giving them a ride but it was at a busy area and it'd be kinda weird for them I imagine. It was nice out and they looked like they were enjoying the walk. So later I talked a little with Collin and Christie and got her cd's. I said hi to Max, shook his hand and he said "Nice to meet you sir" hehe. I met Chauntelle too, very nice. Christie's set was great with a few songs I haven't heard before. The Marksmen really rocked it, great live show. I said hi to a couple of them too and got their cd. Of course Eisley was great. They were tight, no technical problems. I had moved up to like the 3rd row so the sound wasn't as good as back at the bar but no disappointments. The bass and drums are really thunderous up close and live. The vocals were a little low at first but not too bad and they got louder soon. I was happy with the crowd too. It wasn't a huge turn-out but there were some hard-core Eisley fans there, singing along, well lip syncing which is better really. Nice audience response. "Mr. Moon" sounds super powerfull live. I love "One Last Song", it's a really good live song too. "192 Days" was never a huge favorite of mine but it just sounds wonderful live. I resisted the urge to get up on stage and dance around though. But anyway, loved the whole show.

Aaah, the Eisley after-first-concert typing-on-a-high gushing. Been there. Very Happy Re-reading my first Eisley show post now is like Jesus showed up with Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon, rocked the house, and put everyone there on the pearly gates pass list.

But who's to say that's inaccurate?

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
I just got back from their show in Lubbuttock. First time seeing them. Wow loved it! On the drive there I stopped at a red light and Max and Sherri walked in front of me, was so funny. It was quite a ways away from the venue and I thought about stopping and giving them a ride but it was at a busy area and it'd be kinda weird for them I imagine. It was nice out and they looked like they were enjoying the walk.

Laughing had a similar experience going to see death cab in 2008. we drove past chris walla en roue to parking, the on the other end of downtown columbia walked by him Smile

Also that part made me think of the Golden Watch in Pulp Fiction when Bruce runs ingo Ving at the stop sign, but ,ess Tarentino in nature thank God Laughing

Hey yeah it was just like that part in Pulp Fiction! I coulda taken them to see my basement too.

grain thrower wrote:

Aaah, the Eisley after-first-concert typing-on-a-high gushing. Been there. Very Happy Re-reading my first Eisley show post now is like Jesus showed up with Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon, rocked the house, and put everyone there on the pearly gates pass list.

But who's to say that's inaccurate?

Well I didn't really want to dance on the stage I was just referencing this from a Cali show:

(gif from f***yeaheisley)

They said they might come back but I don't know. There was no advertising for the show, heck even Eisley didn't mention the show on twitter. I hear they got really bored here too. There was only a sports bar with huge tv's on every wall with a row of pool tables and a restaurant next door with a big family friendly game room. Nothing exciting like a Starbucks or vintage clothes store nearby. Razz

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX