Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
The Feb. 2012 issue is what Chauntelle's article and the EP review are in and it's the current issue. How else could I scan it? Laughing

Well, I don't think I'm alone in thinking the you in "A Special Kind of Music for You." is you. Laughing You are the preeminent Eisley-Archivist as far as I am concern, so other than Luke, kappa###, Antrider & Vivalapopie given their connections with the band, I would think you would be graced with screening copies of the releases and first looks at upcoming promotional swag.

If you don't, by my old 90s radio station promo department, you should. That's just my take on it though. I'm not trying to bolster your ego or anything, it's just industry standard that A & R's and the good managers always present themselves (reinforced by demonstrative action) to be the biggest fans of the band. As it stands, Boyd's got you trumped for now, but if you went to business school or the equivalent in work experience, and their finances and activity level didn't preclude you operate like an Eisley Publicist, and should be in consideration for said position if they were ever to independently employ one, seriously.

norad wrote:
It also was/has not been taken down. It's still on Eisley and Boyd's twitter and on Boyd's instagram.

The "taken down" confusion is my fault. I couldn't find that tweet for some reason the other day, so I thought they took it down, I just found it though. When I couldn't find the tweet, I searched www.altpress.com and it's not up on their site, nor do they have a band profile for Eisley, or apparently a mention of them online if your trust their search tool. Googling Eisley Deep space EP review drew mostly release announcements and Jesusfreakhideout.com has a space for the review, complete with art and tracklisting, but no review submitted. So what I said about mistaking a scan for an actual page on altpress.com, that is very much the truth. the "download Deep Space" being the thing that primed me or my Senior Moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to swing this back to the EP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, since I mentioned those other Insiders who get to hear stuff before it available for mass consumption, is what the review says about the song Deep Space RE: Marvelous Things, Lights Out and face-melting true?!?!?!?!? Give Us The Scoop... please.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Magazine publishing isn't an exact science. Usually stuff in magazines tends to be published early in the country of origin because it takes so long for the issue to make it to other countries that import the magazine. That way, other countries get things on time instead of late. Which really doesn't make sense in the modern days, what with the Internet and all, but that's the reason things like this traditionally happen.
norad
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I would think you would be graced with screening copies of the releases and first looks at upcoming promotional swag.

I'm not but I should be. That sounds awesome. I've never thought of it. Shocked
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

for clarification-- what is the exact release date?
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

vintage_snowflake wrote:
for clarification-- what is the exact release date?

Valentines day

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Amazon samples are up!! Very Happy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006XMS21I/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid= 1326648877&sr=8-2
eiswood09
Sea Post King

So many feelings Shocked Mr. Green Love

I actually felt sad when those 30 second samples were over... I'm liking the sound of Laugh it Off and One Last Song. The cleaner recording of 192 days sounds amazing. Deep Space sounds interesting. For some reason I thought it would be a lot more mellow because of Sherri's teaser but it works, and it still sounds great! This EP is gonna be gooodd.

Lost at Forum

eiswood09 wrote:

I actually felt sad when those 30 second samples were over... I'm liking the sound of Laugh it Off and One Last Song. The cleaner recording of 192 days sounds amazing. Deep Space sounds interesting. For some reason I thought it would be a lot more mellow because of Sherri's teaser but it works, and it still sounds great! This EP is gonna be gooodd.

agreed! totally not what i was expecting for most of the songs, but they sound awesome. feeling inspired for the first time in a while now actually

-edit-

also, i think the vocal delivery seems a little more raw too. i mean that in a good way

Caley
Lost at Forum

Valentine's Day, you be here now!

I'm very interested in the sound of this EP. I absolutely love the guitar on Deep Space.

Marina
Sea Post King

Very very cool.
I'm interested in "Laugh It Off" so much. This EP will be fantastic.
I can't wait, really.
boone
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Christian
Sea Post King

Maybe it's just me, but I wish the vocals were a bit more prominent. Some of them seem to get swallowed by the instruments. Perhaps that will change when I'm able to hear the full song.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Just keep in mind they might be low quality snippets when compared to the actual tracks. We had a similar issue with fire kites or the valley, I forget which.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

All of the samples sound like a really big step back for the band in a really good way. This feels more like one of their early EPs than it does a follow-up to The Valley, and I'm so glad they decided to record in-home.

I'm especially excited for "Deep Space." I'm getting some "Head Against the Sky" vibes on that (unnngggg the guitar is so good). I always love it when they get a little grungy but still etherial with the vocals.

And "Laugh It Off" sounds really raw. It actually kind of reminds me of "The Mainframe" demo, so yay.

Ahem.

Exclamation I'm just so excited.

http://inconnumag.com
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
All of the samples sound like a really big step back for the band in a really good way. This feels more like one of their early EPs than it does a follow-up to The Valley, and I'm so glad they decided to record in-home.

I'm especially excited for "Deep Space." I'm getting some "Head Against the Sky" vibes on that (unnngggg the guitar is so good). I always love it when they get a little grungy but still etherial with the vocals.

And "Laugh It Off" sounds really raw. It actually kind of reminds me of "The Mainframe" demo, so yay.

Ahem.

Exclamation I'm just so excited.

i don't know man, to me it does kinda seem like a follow up now that they're happier, but i get where you're coming from. this sounds more like a combination of old and new to me to be honest.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>