Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Stacy's Twitter wrote:
Can't sleep. My house was broken into tonight while I was gone. Came home late and alone to find things weren't right. So scary. The worst.

Now, I'm wondering if by "things weren't right" if she means stuff was stolen or if she means that things were out of place. If things were out of place, it makes me wonder if she has a stalker because she doesn't post anything about where they live. She's very secretive about that and two days ago she posted about how Darren was leaving for Nashville to practice for tour soon.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Apparently, her computer was stolen.

Kim's Twitter wrote:
Stupid jerks that broke into @StacyLDupree King's house tonight and stole her computer..."get your own stuff!" a**holes!

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
pzy
Wookie Luke

F that! I'll volunteer to stand watch. With a shotgun.

That seriously blows. Time to get an alarm/camera system. Or send Weston and his armory after them Smile

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I know. It's freaking crazy. I've watched someone try to break into my house while I was in it and it scared the $h!t out of me. I can only imagine how horrified I'd be to come home to find my house was broken into.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Ugh, I've lived through this too. It really is the worst. Sad

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eiswood09
Sea Post King

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
I know. It's freaking crazy. I've watched someone try to break into my house while I was in it and it scared the $h!t out of me. I can only imagine how horrified I'd be to come home to find my house was broken into to.

The same thing happened to me. Very scary and irritating. One time, someone broke into our house (well, came in through the emergency window exits) while a bunch of my cousins slept over. A majority of my family (including me) were sleeping the whole time though, when he came in the room. My cousin, who's basically an insomniac, saw the thief entering through another room and they just stared at each other for a good 30 seconds, receiving a very delayed reaction from my cousin as he ran away. Crazy things went on after that. Ended up being chased by my uncle /csb

My point: I hope Stacy's OK! and nothing important was stolen!

Sea Post King

That sounds pretty terrifying, regardless of whether she was there at the time or not. The idea of someone entering my apartment while I'm not there, even a maintenance worker, unnerves me. I hope she is alright.

(...and that she backed her computer up!)
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

She posted on twitter that she had just backed up everything on it. Lucky lady.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ugh is right. Happened to my fam a couple of days before xmas when I was 5 or 6. My father would do a room to room check gun in hand after that whenever we came home. Alarms systems help, but can be defeated. Having a sign for one is often deterrent enough as thieves often look for the easiest target.

A big loud dog works wonders too. But the idea that people know someone does music is a big target & the main reason I have a security system. Like when they steal a touring bands gear or break into studios like what happened to jeff ament in atlanta-area. Just messed up & turns my stomach.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

makes you wonder what they were after. you break into a house full of valuable instruments and you take a computer. almost seems like they were after songs than anything else. hopefully stacy has a difficult security lock

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Computers command more value and are easier to sell than musical instruments. Sadly between friends and the school district I work for I've known more laptops to walk than any other item. Sometimes dozens at a time. We assume they get reformatted in order to get around password protection Sad

Instruments tend to be larger so I guess that's a factor. Most bands whose gear I've heard got stolen, their whole van was taken & not just the gear (ease of transport).

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

It is strange that only her computer was taken. What a terrible criminal.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
makes you wonder what they were after. you break into a house full of valuable instruments and you take a computer. almost seems like they were after songs than anything else. hopefully stacy has a difficult security lock

i know we all like to think that Eisley and thier solo projects are as popular as the beatles and all, but I am hesitant to think that one would rob a house just to get tracks from a relativity unknown band's solo project.

most people bootlegs tracks other ways than stealing a computer.

my guess is, the person(s) who took the computer, has no clue, or doesn't care about the tracks on there that we would all kill for.

***edit to also say, kim only mentions the computer, so is it confirmed if that was all that was stoleN?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Sherri and Stacy have only mentioned the computer, as well.
Caley
Lost at Forum

How horrifying! I can't imagine having your home broken into. I hate the idea of it. Luckily, she didn't walk in on them in the act. You never know if those robbers/burglars have a weapon.