Laughing City
goto page
 | next >>
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

maybe it's early, but i think a thread for LP4 is in order with all the news buzzing.

so we know all three sisters are writing and it's going to be home recorded and self-produced.

with that in mind, how many songs do y'all think will make the cut?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

There's this little unofficial tradition of album IV needing to be Epic, a la Led Zep. Lots of subtle homages from bands that I dug.

Eisley, 3 songwriters deep so far ( you never know, Garron or Weston could come up with something) so filling their standard 11 track running order shouldn't be very hard. There's going to be a surplus of material is my guess. Lets say Chauntelle only writes her 3 tracks, and they choose to use them, well, that leaves 3 or 4 for Sherri and Stacy. That's fairly evenly split. I can live with that. If they decide to leapfrog that 37-40 minute runtime sweet spot, I would rather they go for a solid 14 tracks and 50-55 minutes. I love Tori Amos but her consistent reach for 75-77 minutes of music per cd over her career got to be exhausting, not that the music was bad. And for Eisley that would typically require like 18 or 19 songs at least unless they just open up and go for a neverender jam session to close a track or something.

It would be fun to see them take on writing a suite of songs, a medley with a connected narrative. I know they could with ease.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i wonder if chauntelle would be the one to write a guitar jam.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

so the band's going to start working on LP4 when sherri and stacy get back in may. they can get a lot done before they tour for cornerstone, which means an album could be ready to be released by the end of the year. i mean, if they can record four songs in a month, they can potentially finish a good majority before tour and tie up loose ends afterwards. for instance tegan and sara have made a lot of progress on their new album. this is of course assuming eisley has all the songs for LP4 written.

Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
It would be fun to see them take on writing a suite of songs, a medley with a connected narrative. I know they could with ease.

Woah - yes! Why on Earth don't they do that, considering their love for storytelling? Surprised Gosh I really want an Eisley concept album now a la The Decemberists' Hazards of Love (favourite Decemberists album, as it goes)

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Sprocket wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

Woah - yes! Why on Earth don't they do that, considering their love for storytelling? Surprised Gosh I really want an Eisley concept album now a la The Decemberists' Hazards of Love (favourite Decemberists album, as it goes)

That's an idea, although I can't help but wonder what an Eisley analogue of The Rake's Song would sound like Laughing
but we could probably guess who'd be cast as the rake!

It didn't develop a plot, but The Valley went some way in that direction in that it was explicitly thematic, no?
Last edited by inorbit on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 am; edited 4 times in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

True re: the Valley, but i'd hope for a actual medley, in the vein of One Last Song had they wexpanded the coda to actually be a song unto it self.

Actually, minus Lights Out & 192 Days the Deep Space EP sounds like it could be played as a connect set/ medley/ suite given the aesthetic/ tonal consistency.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
True re: the Valley, but i'd hope for a actual medley, in the vein of One Last Song had they wexpanded the coda to actually be a song unto it self.

Actually, minus Lights Out & 192 Days the Deep Space EP sounds like it could be played as a connect set/ medley/ suite given the aesthetic/ tonal consistency.

you could definitely build one around deep space, but also memories, mr. pine, they all surrounded me, lady of the wood, odisfa... most of Stacy's early credits, actually.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

ODISFA is a Sherri song, for the record.

I can't wait to hear what Chauntelle brings to the table. Both vocally and lyrically. I love her voice and I think the addition of a songwriter is only going to improve their dynamic greatly.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:

I can't wait to hear what Chauntelle brings to the table. Both vocally and lyrically. I love her voice and I think the addition of a songwriter is only going to improve their dynamic greatly.

don't forget musically as a songwriter, hahaha. though, i'm sure it's implied

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I didn't know who wrote that one, but Memories is too, isn't it? I was phrasing sloppily...
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:

I didn't know who wrote that one, but Memories is too, isn't it? I was phrasing sloppily...

Yeah, I forgot you said Memories. But yeah, I can see what you're saying.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Seeing as Room Noises and The Valley both brought in a few songs from previous EPs, anyone else expecting a song or two from Deep Space to be on LP4?
norad
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
Seeing as Room Noises and The Valley both brought in a few songs from previous EPs, anyone else expecting a song or two from Deep Space to be on LP4?

I kind of hope not. All new songs would be nice. Smile
Christian
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:

I really hope not. I will actually feel a bit gipped (how entitled, eh?) if that happens.

goto page
 | next >>