Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Just got back from class and saw this and where are my headphones I'm freaking out I can't breathe where are my headphoooones?

http://inconnumag.com
ks1990
Lost at Forum

This is an album that demands repeat listens. I look forward to spending the coming months studying each and every song.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

"Troubled Waters" - unexpected vocally, but generally impressive. Love the clapping stuff/the whole arrangement. This is steadily getting weirder, and I love the snot out of it.

"Light Up" - this kind of reminds me of "Combinations" but obviously it's very different. i'm listening and it's very sweet but i'm really just anticipating "Chemical Reaction" right now. OH. i love how this ends. holy $#@! this album.

"CHEMICAL REACTION" - as predicted, i think this is/will be my favorite from the album. i actually cannot grasp what this song is. i'm speechless.......

"Say Something" - THIS IS SO COOL. can't wait to get a chance to blast this (unfortunately probably won't get to till this summer)

"Endless Sleep" - too weird for me to comprehend right now (i'm just so used to the flawless daytrotter version) but i'm getting kate bush/late pj harvey vibes, so i know i'll love it once i give it time (speaking of PJ, i feel like chemical reaction is this record's "Words that Maketh Murder" and "Endless Sleep" is its "England"--both great things)

"No Return" - am i in france? is this my favorite band of all time? oh she just said the word "france" (i'm liking how these songs all kind of take a turn a quarter of the way in) (darren is really great)

"Persuasion" - stripped down vocals!!! this is what i needed! this is just so lovely.

"STAMPEDE" - even on the more "normal" songs this album is weird. i think this is also one of my favorites (but i've thought that about EVERY song)

"The Cliff Waltz" - a fitting end

Conclusion: i could not listen to this album in a big enough room or with good enough speakers. i feel like i'm missing so much of what i just listened to, and I can't wait to actually spend some quality time with it. i am BEYOND impressed.

http://inconnumag.com
oathmeal
Sea Post King

Love *Squee*
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

oathmeal wrote:
Love *Squee*

hey oath, where you residing at these days? wil and I were wondering?

sorry to derail the thread for two seconds.

so yeah, album out tomorrow. I am giving my dl code to a friend. so i cant listen till my physical cd comes.

can't wait.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Catey
Lost at Forum

If anyone wants to give me their download link...dunno, it'd be much appreciated!

Although - this is a shocker. I am actually tempted to part with the few pounds I have and buy this on Game UK (which I am actually surprised HAS it) but not sure if it's actually any cheaper than iTunes / Amazon - 99p a track so more or less £10 for the whole lot; is that about ompar with other retailers?
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
Caley
Lost at Forum

LISTENING!

norad
Vintage Newbie

No Return sounds like a song from Thumbelina.
moonlightgaze
Sea Post King

I am speechless. The beauty consumes me. It's magical.

norad
Vintage Newbie

moonlightgaze wrote:

I don't get this gif for expressing happiness. Misha is about to get murdered there. Laughing
oathmeal
Sea Post King

mr pine wrote:
oathmeal wrote:
Love *Squee*

hey oath, where you residing at these days? wil and I were wondering?

sorry to derail the thread for two seconds.

so yeah, album out tomorrow. I am giving my dl code to a friend. so i cant listen till my physical cd comes.

can't wait.

Actually just got finished moving in. Finally got our wifi back up a couple days ago. I got way behind on all the Sucre news. I'll send you my address through a pm.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

Ok. I really think that "Stampede" can take Sucre places. Just commercial enough with an edge, it's very Florence And the Machine (but better, imo.)

The whole album is amazing, I'm so happy with the entire thing.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Has anyone received their physical copy?

The way they worded things about giving the download at 12 midnight, made me think they weren't aiming for people to get it by tomorrow. I just hope it's not too long.

M Ward/Merge got me my CD today. They both come out tomorrow and I ordered them the same night. Granted, Merge is an established label, and Sucre' is doing this all on their own from my understanding.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i like the album. there are some really pretty parts, and some that kinda just slip by me. in all though, i think i prefer stacy in eisley more, but this adds a nice dynamic to her songwriting.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
norad
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
i like the album. there are some really pretty parts, and some that kinda just slip by me. in all though, i think i prefer stacy in eisley more, but this adds a nice dynamic to her songwriting.

This. Cool

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>