Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
ks1990
Lost at Forum

norad wrote:
Hiding Out live! It is beyond amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4pvygdrsQ

Shocked Shocked Shocked
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

They're finally posting the videos from the Springfield show! SO HAPPY!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

so when are they posting the other videos? haha

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
juan_diego
Sea Post King

norad wrote:
Hiding Out live! It is beyond amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4pvygdrsQ

olimario
Laughing Citizen

Say Something is pretty awesome
been stuck in my head all day
Love the chorus
Big brass instruments <3
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

@Juan Haha. It's true.

I hope they post the other videos soon. I believe they should be "When We Were Young" and "No Return". I think that's the only other songs they played, if I remember correctly. I was thinking they played another one but none of the other songs sounded familiar so maybe not. Unless there was a b-side or something.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
@Juan Haha. It's true.

I hope they post the other videos soon. I believe they should be "When We Were Young" and "No Return". I think that's the only other songs they played, if I remember correctly. I was thinking they played another one but none of the other songs sounded familiar so maybe not. Unless there was a b-side or something.

well i remember hannah describing one that had a march vibe to it. the only ones on the album that fit that category are stampede and say something

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

anyone get an email saying their cd has shipped?
no such luck for me yet

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
boone
Vintage Newbie

Mine is supposed to ship on the 17th, but it's the whole shebang.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
anyone get an email saying their cd has shipped?
no such luck for me yet

Yes, but I'm on my phone, so I don't know if there's more information that I'm not seeing.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

My shipping notification came, ironically a few hours after a "how'd we do" customer satisfaction survey with the options of "good" or "bad"

I put "bad" with an explanation. The tracking # is included in the email but no dl code etc. In my case. Just a product listing, a shipping confirmation #, my address and name. It's shipped though, as opposed to prijected ship date like the vinyl special editions

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

so not to be a negative nancy, i wanna bring up a point about stacy people have pointed out. several people who've worked with eisley say she's a musical genius. now my question is, do you guys think this album displays this aspect of stacy? i haven't decided yet if i think it does or doesn't. this isn't to say a minor bird's not good, but does it showcase what some people have said about stacy going solo because of her musical genius?

again, i also know that this is heavily opinionated too, but i wanna get an input from you guys, especially since i know a good bit of us are artist/musicians and critical music listeners.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
do you guys think this album displays this aspect of stacy?

Nope. It's purdy, but it's not even a slice of what she's capable of accomplishing.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tables his opinion until her hears the album and learns whether instrumentation and arrangements were collaborative efforts. I really get the feeling this was meant to be a vocal showcase for Stacy first and foremost, over music she enjoyed as a fan

sucrediaries wrote:
From the first time I heard Jeremy's wonderful string compositions, I wanted to sing to them. I felt that he was doing something really beautiful and unique, and it took me a while to get up the courage to ask him to collaborate with me. To my surprise, he was actually thinking the same thing. Among many things, Jeremy and I had this in common- my husband Darren was our favorite drummer. Thankfully, he was readily available. It was such a joy to get to write with him for the first time!

This record is very close to my heart, and I really tried to push myself musically and vocally. It's amazing how much you learn about yourself by making a record. It's certainly the most vulnerable I've ever felt making an album.

Well I'll be, that pretty much answered my question for me, and maybe other folks' too?

But then Jeremy reposted an old blog from the making of, which he plans to keep on doing:

jeremylarsonmusic.com wrote:
...we’ve just been recording vocals. This has been a challenge, but in a very good way. The thing is, Stacy does not cheat in her vocal performances. She does not let me copy and paste to different parts of the song, and she does not settle for something she doesn’t love. Stacy is by far the most musical singer I’ve ever produced. Each vocal line is a hand crafted work of art. There is a lesson to be learned here. Saying that Stacy is a gifted singer is an insult. She has been gifted with an amazing work ethic which makes her work endlessly to be a better singer. That is why- even as amazing as she is now- in several years, she will be even better.

Thanks for reading.

Jeremy

and I guess I'll just chime in with an old point: maybe we underestimate who much support the band mates give each other in the arranging of each others' songs. Not having that poses a great number of challenges and imposing it's own level of growth for a songwriter that's worth meriting. If Jeremy and Darren specialized with Strings and percussion exclusively, then it might have been a big leap for Stacy to handle arranging vocal harmonies, keys, and possibly even guitars etc? (she does play guitar after all ya'll)

Who has the liner notes, do they brake that down... wait... NOBODY has the liner notes yet Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
do you guys think this album displays this aspect of stacy?

Nope. It's purdy, but it's not even a slice of what she's capable of accomplishing.

yea, that's what i'm leaning to. i think if stacy were to really explore and push musical boundaries, it'd be a bit different from this. my other question is, are there any songs (eisley or sucre) that have any of stacy's supposed musical genius peak through?

(a friend of mine talked to their combinations producer and he said a ton of glowing things about stacy)

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>