Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
Edited HD video of Better Love. The audio used was of the studio recording.

norad wrote:
That defeats the purpose of watching live videos. (For me at least)

There are times where it sounds like they overlayed the Studio track over the live one. There's a part where Garron seems to slide a not just a little too far (1st Chorus the 2nd time through), and moments where he's WAY yup in the mix... Oh, when Sherri's singing the 2nd verse and hits the mic with her hand that comes through, as well as a few times through that verse when her vocal seems to double. On the chorus's it sounds like maybe they used it to fill out the audio, given there's a moment where Sherri stops a little sooner than the studio track.

They should solicit this Video to Fuse and Thecooltv for airplay if Liveloud is willing to allow rights. It's good enough to serve as a performance vid. The band looks good, and of course I love this song, and it's good to see they played it, since no one mentioned it up til now Very Happy

Upon further review:

For what I would like to happen (soliciting it to Fuse & the Cool Tv) the audio might have to be tweaked a little more to cover some of the doubling. I think there is an issue with the kick in the second verse/ bridge where it overlaps. Don't trust my ears though, they've been abused by great music for far too long to be reliable.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
LiveLoudTX
Sea Post King

Hey folks - here's the bona-fide setlist directly from the stage at Homegrown.

giovanni@LiveLoudTexas.com | 469.682.6978 | http://LiveLoudTexas.com
youtube: http://youtube.com/LiveLoudTX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Thanks a lot, for the setlist, and for paying the LC a visit and signing up! Mr. Green

That's a pretty wicked set list, especially since I suddenly redeveloped my ear for Smarter. Been especially noticing the Piano figure during the verses this go around, very Creepy in a good way. I could easily see someone building a DJ Shadow style trip hop remix with just that part and the vocal that could be epic.

I'd still bump Please for another tune, maybe Over The Mountains on the harder side or Head Against the Sky, Lost at Sea as a slow one...

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
LiveLoudTX
Sea Post King

Eisley: Better Love

...and yes, there's quite a bit of audio hocus-pocus going on there, for better or worse.

Here's my lame excuse.

I was running 9 video cameras and the audio recorder alone during Eisley's set. So it was too much for me to handle with all the cameras, setting them up on everything from Weston's drum kit, to Stacy's keyboard, to Chauntelle's mic stand, to a tripod in front of Sherri...you are getting the point by now. Smile

I had a separate audio set up but didn't have time to request a direct feed from the mixing board so I captured the ambient audio from the front of the stage.

Couple of issues there:

1) the audio recorder was so close to the stage that I was getting more bass than anything else and really had no discernible vocal in the recording to using it alone was a no go.

2) Garron, super cutie pie as he is, was exploring a bit on the fretboard during this song and a few others. He was either feeling playful or he had too much cough syrup before we went on stage. It happens to the best of us... but it was noticeable and I didn't want that to take away from the great work and musicianship he's demonstrated throughout his tenure with the band.

So I was left with a dilemma. Use the audio I captured from the live set and endure the taunts from fans and audiophiles alike for the poor quality, find a way to fix it, or replace it altogether with the studio tracck. I obviously opted for a hybrid solution. I wanted the clean vocals from the studio track but still wanted a live feel. Since the band uses a click track it was fairly easy to sync up the songs. Of course, a couple of you with more trained ears have heard some issues with the synching and I can tell you, it's there. I hear it also and it drives me nuts.

Which brings me to my next point - I edited this in a single day. Didn't leave my self much room to do the proper finishing work on it. But due to my schedule I knew if I didn't just knock it out it would have taken me weeks to get to it, if at all.

Lastly - for any of you who would like to resubmit my video to other sites (I've seen a couple mentions) have at it. All my content is released with creative commons, share-alike licensing. You can redistribute it just as long a I receive credit for the work and any links to the source of the work go to http://LiveLoudTexas.com

So with all that - I hope you all enjoy the video, imperfections included.

giovanni@LiveLoudTexas.com | 469.682.6978 | http://LiveLoudTexas.com
youtube: http://youtube.com/LiveLoudTX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sorry if it came across as me nitpicking, it was more me trying to assert that the live audio was also included in a fashion. As far as I saw I'm the one saying the band should promote it. I would think the easiest solution for the audio issue for purposes of pro-distribution to media outlets is to go the traditional route of using live audio from another performance that's superior. They did that with a Cornerstine vid of Ambulance they promoted in 2010. It would be timely for the tour. I also imagine it's not a labor you'd have to undertake yourself.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

It does sound kinda weird. Sounds like a cassette tape that's recorded too hot and you can hear the other side's tracks bleeding over. Also there's one part that always makes me think my cat has started coughing up a hairball. But nevertheless, I like the video. Razz

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

LiveLoudTX wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to share the backstory...
I was wondering about the audio a bit; sounds fine to me, if a bit polished for a live show, but as others noticed, there are minor clues that something is definitely up if you're paying attention (harmonies while Sheri is away from the mic, for instance).

tbh, I usually have a VERY strong prejudice against purportedly live footage that isn't really, especially with bands whose live performances I particularly like. The idea that the audio isn't acceptable unless it sounds just like the CD is bizarre and absurd. Real music doesn't come from studios.

But understanding the limitations of the setup, the audio is probably best regarded as just a backing track for what I think is a really nice job of shooting editing, and composing the band on stage (although I do wonder a bit about some of the crowd shots as well), and for me at least it works better that you were able to be up front about that.

Nice work.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Anybody notice Christie's and Collin's cameo appearance in the vid?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Nowhere Man wrote:

clue?
been playing "where's waldo" with this, but to no avail (you did mean the BL vid, right?)

All the potential Christie candidates in the crowd shots turned out to be wielding cans of Shiner, so...
norad
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

clue?
been playing "where's waldo" with this, but to no avail (you did mean the BL vid, right?)

All the potential Christie candidates in the crowd shots turned out to be wielding cans of Shiner, so...

At about 2:06 right above Chauntelle's guitar neck. Christie is in the hat and red dress and Collin is the giant tall guy in sunglasses.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

norad wrote:
inorbit wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

clue?

At about 2:06 right above Chauntelle's guitar neck. Christie is in the hat and red dress and Collin is the giant tall guy in sunglasses.
Surprised good eyes!
how you guys spotted that I have no idea.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

When was this Homegrown Festival? Was it May 26th 2012? Last Saturday? In Dallas Texas? Was there other Eisley shows in May? Confused
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

RE: Where's Chris-Co

Impressive Norad & Nowhere, impressive indeed.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

You must be working the YouTube invites hard, man. I got one a while ago, and now there have been at least 3 threads talking about it. ha. Visually, I thought it was very nicely edited together.

Do you know whether or not their sound engineer, Mark, recorded the audio? Maybe he would give it to you if he did?

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

please could one of you confirm or deny my questions the purple ones? Smile

Unregistered wrote:
When was this Homegrown Festival? Was it May 26th 2012? Last Saturday? In Dallas Texas? Was there other Eisley shows in May? Confused

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>