Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Author Message
ks1990
Lost at Forum


Chauntelle's song sounds lovely. It makes me more excited for the possible EP she's making.
Joined: 02 Sep 2007 | Posts: 1313 | 
View user's profile Send private message
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


Oh you silly children, nibbling on desert before dinner is served... Razz

I thought Chauntelle had 3 songs on the album. From what you are all saying, it seems like there's only one song of hers on there.

_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9610 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster


I'm most excited for Shelter, Lost Enemies, Wonder English, Millstone, and Wicked Child. But really, everything sounds incredible. I'm anticipating that this will become my favorite album yet, easily.
_________________
Taylor | @thbrogan

http://inconnumag.com
Joined: 19 Nov 2009 | Posts: 511 | Location: Chicago / DC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tungsten
Sea Post King


most excited for Blue Fish, Save My Soul, Real World, and Shelter!!
Joined: 03 Jun 2008 | Posts: 258 | 
View user's profile Send private message
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


wilsmith wrote:
Oh you silly children, nibbling on desert before dinner is served... Razz

I thought Chauntelle had 3 songs on the album. From what you are all saying, it seems like there's only one song of hers on there.


well i think she wrote three, but they've only ever mentioned recording one of her songs.

anyway, i'm excited for all of it. it all sounds so beautiful.

_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JBaker
Vintage Newbie


bearvsbrittany wrote:
Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but Amazon has the album up for preview Shocked
Personally, I'm really excited about/can't wait to hear full versions of : millstone (!!!), lost enemies (!!!), wonder english, save my soul and shelter. But I think the whole record sounds lovely.

A link would be helpful.

_________________
EvilSpace
Joined: 01 Mar 2005 | Posts: 2348 | Location: Plano, TX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
bearvsbrittany
Sea Post King


JBaker wrote:
bearvsbrittany wrote:
Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but Amazon has the album up for preview Shocked
Personally, I'm really excited about/can't wait to hear full versions of : millstone (!!!), lost enemies (!!!), wonder english, save my soul and shelter. But I think the whole record sounds lovely.

A link would be helpful.


Didn't think anyone needed a link to amazon.com? Rolling Eyes
Joined: 01 May 2008 | Posts: 6 | Location: ohio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
olimario
Laughing Citizen


first impressions
http://www.amazon.com/Currents/dp/B00CNB7BB0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=13 67782275&sr=8-7&keywords=currents+eisley


MEH
Currents
Drink the Water
Lost Enemies
The Night Comes

SOUNDS GOOD
Blue Fish
Save my Soul
Shelter

SOUNDS GREAT
Millstone
Real World
Wicked Child
Find me Here
Wonder English
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 | Posts: 1547 | 
View user's profile Send private message
mandy
Sea Post King


After a couple of listens to the samples I find it funny that Drink the Water and Currents both are kind of on my "meh" list as far as how the whole album might sound as well. I love those songs, but compared to even the little clips of the others I can already tell they aren't going to be my favorites overall. I also could tell from song title alone which songs I was going to like. And I knew which would be the Chauntelle song. I feel a little like a creep. Laughing
_________________
my flickr
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 347 | Location: friday harbor, wa
View user's profile Send private message
olimario
Laughing Citizen


I think Eisley is historically terrible at picking which songs to promote.
Last go round I think "Watch it Die" could have had HUGE mainstream success, and it got shunned for their darker and weirder music.
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 | Posts: 1547 | 
View user's profile Send private message
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum


I'm most taken aback by Shelter. I've listened to those 30 seconds probably 30 times today.
Really impressed with Sherri's vocals on Blue Fish and Wicked Child. Strong without the forced feeling.
Looking forward to Millstone, seeing Chauntelle's writing style and spotlit voice and how they work together.
Freaked out levels of excited over Lost Enemies because I never thought I'd see the day. It's one of my favorite Stacy creations ever.
Curious to hear full versions of the rest and then decide. I keep willing Real World to play beyond the clip.
The only track I'd take or leave on first impression is Save My Soul.

Vocal estimation looks like:
Stacy: 5 (though currents was written by sherri and i think real world too)
Sherri: 6
Chauntelle: 1

Wonder if any of them are trade-offs like I Wish or Watch It Die?
Joined: 12 Sep 2005 | Posts: 1182 | Location: Houston
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


I'm really stoked on how wicked child and find me here sounds. I do like currents and drink the water but there are better songs. Also, I prefer to not hear the best songs off the album right off the bat.
_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tahruh
Vintage Newbie


First impression: so much Sherri!

Her voice sounds fairly grating to me on a number of them, to be honest, but wow! The Night Comes sounds to be gorgeous, and Wonder English sounds pretty great too. Her voice is a bit much on Find Me Here, but I suspect I'll be tying some setiment to the song, so no matter.

Chauntelle sounds sweet on Millstone, and I like the Stacy songs apart from Currents. Shelter sounds quite beautiful as well (edit: listening to it again; god, it hurts when it ends so abruptly!).

Hurry up, May 28!

_________________
Albert Camus wrote:
Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth.
Joined: 04 May 2007 | Posts: 3862 | 
View user's profile Send private message
tahruh
Vintage Newbie


olimario wrote:
I think Eisley is historically terrible at picking which songs to promote.
Last go round I think "Watch it Die" could have had HUGE mainstream success, and it got shunned for their darker and weirder music.
I think the problem with the choice this time around is that it might isolate them from being reviewed by credible blogs, which is unfortunate, because most of these songs (and not just the Stacy songs for once) sound like they are going to be beyond worthy.
_________________
Albert Camus wrote:
Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth.
Joined: 04 May 2007 | Posts: 3862 | 
View user's profile Send private message
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


tahruh wrote:
olimario wrote:
I think Eisley is historically terrible at picking which songs to promote.
Last go round I think "Watch it Die" could have had HUGE mainstream success, and it got shunned for their darker and weirder music.
I think the problem with the choice this time around is that it might isolate them from being reviewed by credible blogs, which is unfortunate, because most of these songs (and not just the Stacy songs for once) sound like they are going to be beyond worthy.


i know i'm in the minority when i say this, but watch it die was my least favorite stacy song off the valley. i didn't get all the fuss about it. also, currents and drink the water aren't credible?

_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Display posts from previous:   

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB, coffee, and Eisley fans worldwide.
phpBB is © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group