Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
tungsten
Sea Post King

I'm actually thinking Drink the Water might be the best song on the album. We'll have to hear Millstone and Shelter though before we can say for sure though. I played my sister Drink the Water (she was not too taken with some of the Valley songs) and she was bowled over. I played it for my Mom who occasionally will like about 2 Eisley songs per record. She was also bowled over. I think it's one of their most interesting/beautiful/haunting songs to date. Judging by the view counts on the youtube videos, I'm calling Drink the Water a big success and would say Currents might have underwhelmed slightly.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Based on reactions, I think reactions to Currents (as a single) might have been different if it didn't have to follow Drink The Water.

We'll never know, unless they make a video and it gets play in outlets that haven't covered the streams, so that there are a number of people who heard Currents first.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I think that's a very good point, wilsmith. If the releases have been the other way around, most of the comments would've been "Oh, I can't believe the second song sounds better than the first!" Rather than disappointment at the single choice.

Eitherway, speaking of Drink the Water: If you did the preorder, how long did it take to get the download? Isn't it supposed to be "immediate"?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I got an email with a link to the Download the same time I got my email confirmation of my order. I haven't redeemed my download. Been holding out for the album to hear Eisley material. So in a couple of weeks when they plan on streaming the whole album it's going to be really interesting to see if I hold up.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Last edited by wilsmith on Thu May 09, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Good luck holding out!

And thanks for the info... Yeah, I waited a day. I'm going to email to see what's up...
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

mystic if you dont want to worry about the song, noisetrade has it for free today as well. follow the link on my post

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Thank you, Mr. Pine. I just may do that! I just wonder what happened with MerchNow.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

looks like the preorder is up on itunes but not previews there =/ ...least not yet

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Officially 2 weeks until the release. I expect they'll stream it in full starting next week, probably via itunes is my guess.

I'm shocked that they are giving away Currents, Drink The Water, and the entire Deep Space EP on Noisetrade, but then again, I think they & EV don't own anything else other than live stuff and pre-WB material to constitute a free EP other than the Christmas recordings. That said, it's a high standard that that's the music a new fan might be introduced to first.

And I still haven't listened to the previews for the album... Razz

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:

you think you're all that... BUT YOU'RE NOT!!!

okay, maybe a little.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

My real excuse is that there is just a craplod of great music coming out every week thanks to all the freaking pledgemusic and kickstarters and what-nots, on top of artists sneakily releasing their own projects indie style ahead of schedule. I am up to my ears and have a hard time keeping up.

Like yesterday I bought The New Trust's new record Keep Dreaming, on CD via their site, and they won't have the cds until next week at the soonest, and emailed right after I ordered to make sure I knew that. I NEED that week to get a chance to listen to the cds I got last week one more time. I can wait, and if I don't have it in me they have it up on http://thenewtrust.bandcamp.com if I have time.

At this rate I'll have a week to get into that before Eisley comes out and zaps my brain, and then I think the Owen album comes out not long after that. Meanwhile there are like 4 or 5 kickpledgers that are supposed to come out over the next couple of months...

So yeah, waiting is pretty easy, and I probably need to add some stuff to the thread about upcoming releases.

I'm seriously thinking this Eisley album is going to be a new "go to" for dinner parties and get togethers, which means I will need to start attending them again... Laughing

MacRVA
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:

Me neither! I haven't listened to anything. I'm waiting until my CD comes in the mail and I'm gonna lock myself in my room for like, six hours haha.
mandy
Sea Post King

All of you that are waiting amaze me. I was totally going to wait this time around and failed immediately. Razz
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

mandy wrote:
All of you that are waiting amaze me. I was totally going to wait this time around and failed immediately. Razz

Ha! Same here.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

so are there any album reviews yet?

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>