Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
MacRVA
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
what i don't get is all the hate Find Me Here seems to be getting. i think it's an absolute gem.

Definitely my least favourite track. Feels a little phoned in. Not bad, just not great.

Currents, Save My Soul, Shelter are my standout tracks after a few more listens.

Currents is my gym playlist, at least until after I see them on this tour. It makes me laugh to think how people in the gym might perceive me differently if they knew what was in my headphones when I was working out haha.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

MacRVA wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
what i don't get is all the hate Find Me Here seems to be getting. i think it's an absolute gem.

Definitely my least favourite track. Feels a little phoned in. Not bad, just not great.

Currents, Save My Soul, Shelter are my standout tracks after a few more listens.

Currents is my gym playlist, at least until after I see them on this tour. It makes me laugh to think how people in the gym might perceive me differently if they knew what was in my headphones when I was working out haha.

i listened to to the album but skipped wonder english and it helped the flow of the whole thing remarkably. i think because wonder english follows and it's much slower, it kinda leaves a bad impression.

there was this one time i was working the front desk taking tickets and i was blasting room noises, in particular one day i slowly floated away. my friend came by and remarked i was the most masculine guy he knew Laughing

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

It might something wrong with me, but after listening to the album several times, I just find it all in all boring. Nothing really stands out to me. Part of it might be the way it's mixed. But I think it's mostly the way they've evolved stylistically. Just not a big fan I guess.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

JBaker wrote:
It might something wrong with me, but after listening to the album several times, I just find it all in all boring. Nothing really stands out to me. Part of it might be the way it's mixed.

i felt that way too after the first few listen, but for me it's been there's so much going on i don't know where to focus. this is definitely the kind of album that'll grow on you more i think (which i think are better albums anyway).

also, again wonder english is kinda what made the album boring to me. it really just breaks up the flow in the 2nd half. i really think it should've just been a b-side. without it, find me here is a nice breather between wicked child and lost enemies, but wonder english just makes things drag on.

-edit-

also, as strange as it might be, the cd version has so far been the best master i've heard so far. i don't have a spectacular record player.

-edit 2-

last thing, i felt the same way about sleigh bell's 2nd album, about it being boring. i got more into it a few months later.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I love "Wonder English", lol. Which surprised me, since I don't really tend to love the Sherri songs.
mandy
Sea Post King

JBaker wrote:
It might something wrong with me, but after listening to the album several times, I just find it all in all boring. Nothing really stands out to me. Part of it might be the way it's mixed. But I think it's mostly the way they've evolved stylistically. Just not a big fan I guess.

I don't think something is wrong with you for having a different opinion than most. Especially considering I tilt towards that direction as well. I love the album, but I kind of think some of it is boring too. Even the songs that jump out at me aren't really as different as some people are describing them. A few of them even qualify as generic to me. That having been said I don't totally agree with you because I have songs that I am absolutely in love with from first listen and as a whole I probably wouldn't skip even the ones that don't jump out at me.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Love how this album grows on me more and more with each listen. It really brings me back to when I first heard them. Right now Blue Fish is really stuck in my head. And before was Millstone and Real World. I'm going to be so excited to see Lost Enemies live, too ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Well, everyone has different tastes: Wonder English is the highlight of the album for me. The harmonies on the chorus are heartbreakingly gorgeous to me, just like the chorus for Over the Mountains.
boone
Vintage Newbie

One gripe I have about the album is the compression. It was set up to be a beautifully dynamic record with quiet, beautiful moments that crescendo into the epic, and sweet songs juxtaposed with wild groovy experiments. But while all of that comes through in a great way, it all happens unnaturally at the exact same volume (balls out.)

I think it's the major reason that some people aren't getting into the album, that sameness. Unmoderated dynamic range compression is making new albums inaccessible and seemingly uninteresting, and it needs to stop.

I'm excited with Eisley's mature, dynamic style, and if somebody in the group is still lurking, I'm hoping that they let the next album breathe a little bit. Or a lot.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Didn't get to listen to it until today because I've had a hectic schedule. I've listened to it twice so far and I'm loving it. So far, I'd say that Save My Soul is my favorite song. Once I've had more time to really listen to the album and start learning the lyrics and so on, I'll be able to form a more in-depth opinion of it.

Also, I got the deluxe edition on iTunes, so I've also got the acoustic versions of Currents, Blue Fish and Save My Soul.

MacRVA
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
Also, I got the deluxe edition on iTunes, so I've also got the acoustic versions of Currents, Blue Fish and Save My Soul.

Am I the only person who's annoyed that we have to buy the album again to get those songs? Not to mention I've had nothing but problems with the iTunes store.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else falling into an existential crisis after listening to Millstone too many times? Jeez Chauntelle, why's your first song gotta be the most heartbreaking song ever written?
MacRVA
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:

Am I the only person who's annoyed that we have to buy the album again to get those songs? Not to mention I've had nothing but problems with the iTunes store.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else falling into an existential crisis after listening to Millstone too many times? Jeez Chauntelle, why's your first song gotta be the most heartbreaking song ever written?
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

boyd said you didnt have to buy the whole album to get those tracks.

i know they were on the zune marketplace as individual tracks. so i bought them

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
tungsten
Sea Post King

I bought them on itunes as well as individual tracks.
MacRVA
Sea Post King

I don't know how the iTunes store works. I didn't realize you could just buy those individual tracks. Now I've just gotta buy them on my ladyfriend's computer and then transfer them to mine somehow or something.

Sorry for being dumb!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>