Laughing City
MacRVA
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:
I'm so glad I went (especially since on the front page of this site, they said this will probably be their only tour of the year!).

WHAT!?

I second that WHAT!?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

You have to follow the link to the "Old Crusty Site" on the splash page... Sad

http://eisley.com/news/_39250/

there it is right there via permalink...

I know costs are a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a stork en route to Tyler TX come mid or late winter. I have no insider scoop, I'm just speculating. I know nothing... {insert GoT meme}

While I'm at it I'm gonna hotlink my two favorite pictures from the slideshow they link to:

It would be awesome if someone has shots of Stacy on guitar from Save my Soul.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Ask and you shall receive!

These are just my personal ones from last night. Disclaimer, I'm no photographer, so these were just taken for me and not meant to share...so most are blurry/not great!

However, I did get Stacy on guitar. Not sure what song, but we can pretend it's "Save My Soul." Wink

Multi-tasking (on Currents):

Since I'm here.... here's Chauntelle -

And Sherri -

A bit of Garron jamming with Sherri.

Obviously, I was closer to Sherri so I had better ones of her and it was hard to get Garron and Weston.

***Note about the non-touring; Yes, I was hoping for a headlining tour, but I don't know. Hopefully in the mean time there will be some promotion for Currents (video released...one offs here and there for tv or radio).
tungsten
Sea Post King

^^^ I second that. I remember all of the promo videos from the Valley cycle (Spin, SXSW, from the Music shed, etc). Hoping Currents gets that treatment as well.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Thanks for sharing your concert photos Mystic210. Smile

It's really starting to bug me that what many may consider their best work as artists has been so under the radar. Because of that, i hope they can build a base/ audience for Currents and all their works through some non-traditional methods outside of grinding it out on tours. I know this feeling is nothing new, but even as an indie group i hoped they would find a workable niche. They still should, it just feels like there's a critical step that's yet to be transversed, but i have no clue what that is.

The one thing about this records is that they've grown closer in sound to artists/ bands i have never seen live but by their records as soon as the come out (radiohead being the exception). But so many of those artists are holdovers from the video era or satelite radio's early days when having genre specific stations was a breath of fresh air.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Last edited by wilsmith on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
rchamp
Sea Post King

Todd told me they'd be back out on tour in the Spring but Rising Fawn might do something in the meantime. That would be nice.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

MacRVA wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:
I'm so glad I went (especially since on the front page of this site, they said this will probably be their only tour of the year!).

WHAT!?

I second that WHAT!?

and I third it.

Yikes........
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

rchamp wrote:
Todd told me they'd be back out on tour in the Spring but Rising Fawn might do something in the meantime. That would be nice.

In retrospect that makes perfect sense. The need off time, and come fall they are gonna have all those forst birthdays, and at least 1 30th and you don't really want to spend those occasions on the road.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
rchamp wrote:

In retrospect that makes perfect sense. The need off time, and come fall they are gonna have all those forst birthdays, and at least 1 30th and you don't really want to spend those occasions on the road.

true, i was just hoping to see eisley for the 4th year in a row. there's sucre, perma, rising fawn, and merriment stuff to look forward to in the fall though.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

So what is known as far as when all the side projects are putting out something?

I'm pretty sure Perma has said a record will probably come out this year.
I know Merriment is working on an album, but I have not heard of a release date.
If RF is touring, I would think they need a lot more than 3 songs, unless they will also do Eisley tracks.
I wouldn't expect a new Sucre album this year, but I haven't heard otherwise.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

They (Sucre) posted about recording around Christmas time or new years. Then they released that cover. We can assume that's all they worked on, or maybe that was just something to tide folks over? They played that NY show in the spring...

I know MUTEMATH were recording their album this spring as well so i imagine things will be pretty busy all around.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

well crap.
I guess since the kickstarter didnt work they arent going on a headline tour.

bummer.

I really wanted to see them this year.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
tungsten
Sea Post King

I'm glad they are going to put family and babies first, but I will be disappointed to not see them this year. Gives me something more to look forward to in 2014 though! Now if Sucré will just reschedule that rained out Dallas show . . .
MacRVA
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
I know Merriment is working on an album, but I have not heard of a release date.

Collin told me it would be out probably in the Fall. I'm stoked.

tungsten wrote:
I'm glad they are going to put family and babies first, but I will be disappointed to not see them this year.

While I understand them putting babies and family first, I wouldn't say I'm glad about it.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

MacRVA wrote:

tungsten wrote:
I'm glad they are going to put family and babies first, but I will be disappointed to not see them this year.

While I understand them putting babies and family first, I wouldn't say I'm glad about it.

Funny. When they were doing the kickstarter people were saying they should just take time off and fans would be cool with it. I'm not saying I don't understand but it's kind of a bum out.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand