Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

This is a photo of Eisley Aaronson. She's a few weeks old now and we just had to let people know....

Craig Aaronson is Eisley's A&R from WB. That means - he's the guy at the lable that carries the torch, loves them the most...helps them do everything...calls frequently, shows up at sessions, bigger shows... who theoretically talked the label into signing. (well, in this case...there were many, but you guys know that story) We just wanted to say congrats on our forum to these folks and...well, it's pretty significant to this band I guess...dude, they named their baby after Eisley!

It's so funny...I remember when all the name change thing was happening and the band finally settled and made it final. So Craig called me like the very next day and said, "ok...what's it going to be?"

I said..."they did it....they came up with one...and they love it....ready?...(pause)...Eisley." There was this countering, long pause and then...."that's cool...so, let me ask you...I mean, it's cool and all, I love it....but what does it mean or does it have a meaning?"

I think I said something like...."ok, think memorable....short....very indie...has interest and intrigue without being borrowed from anything...it's original, it's got this wonderful feminine vibe running through it without really being girlie....(since there are guys in the band and this isn't another "chick band"), think of the phonetic sound....think eyes...window to the soul...think of the ly sound...colors it even more....think eye-lashes...think what a simple change-over it will be...it's this wonderful, mystical, tangible, simple name....it's perfect for them and they love it."

He was like..."dude, when you said that just now...I totally got it.... (me chuckle) no, I'm SO serious. I totally get it....I love it...that's perfect."

Fast forward about a month....we're all in the studio in LA and he said, "well...we have a girl name picked out....if it's a girl, but it's a surprise, I can't tell you."

Thinking nothing of it, we were shocked when he called a few weeks later and said, "I don't want you guys to think I'm some weird stalker or obsessive or anything, but..I gotta tell you, you guys are in my top 10 list to call....we just had a baby girl and we named her Eisley. My wife is SO picky over names...but she loved this name right off. We just think the most of you guys and love the band and...well, hope it's ok."

There were shrieks and laughter and tears...and "oh my gosh's!" So....Lo and behold...an Eisley namesake. And she's adorable. Btw...we haven't met mom or baby yet, but are looking forward to it.

That's the scoop. I waited awhile to broadcast it to the world (wide web) and made sure it was ok with Craig.

Boyd

p.s. Just because we love Craig so much...should mention he signed, "At the Drive" in "Hot hot Heat", "The Used" and others...

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists