Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Gypsy Team Room. Even with the in-ear weirdness for the band (maiden ear voyage of the new technology) and the 9 volt battery turning Stacy's Rhodes into a fuzz factory...it was memorable. Dave (their manager) surprised them by coming down and just walking in like..."hey guys, so..did we get the mics?" or whatever...it was great.

Since I'm just a music lover and a fan, i can say that I fell in love with the the new tune - Marvelous Things And I dig Silver Bugs too and think if Travis is cool enough for a bit of indie-emo-twang, Eisley can do whatever. The Brits will like it. Chris Martin likes this kind of stuff....so, maybe he could help them. And...my favorite song is now, They All Surrounded Me. dang. I love it. sorry. i do. makes me really happy. And...I wasn't prepared makes me want to cry. I like that.

Thanks for coming. Seriously. Everyone is so nice. Sold out show...Midlake and Radiant were amazing. Can't really really re-create it in words. And thanks to all you all agers, adults and everyone in between for coming on Sunday afternoon to see Flying Machine and Eisley. I didn't think anyone would turn out.

Too tired to stay awake. Brain dead, I sense this is announcement is suddenly good enough.

xtra reading: their manager drove all the way back with us to Tyler to hang (got home after 4:00am) and go to our cool, strip center Vineyard church in the morn....(ughh...we have to be up at 7:00) - and get some Bodacious Barbaque before heading back to the Tea Room for show #2.....(said it was the best ever ribs and they can't get good BBQ in LA) I say Dave's name and talk about him because I/we like him so much, it's impossible to keep him out of the word picture. He's like this oxymoron...this powerful, important guy...but when you look in the back of the van, he's acting like a kid; He proved to the band that you can sleep in the 1'X6' area on the floor beside the seats....by sleeping unabashed there with no concerns...then later, he's got Collin in his lap talking about music...and later, making "I don't have to take that from the MAN" jokes. Anyway, I said it was X-tra curricular reading.

So, maybe it was just for us, but...it was a memorable, fun weekend and I personally thank all you cool people/friends for coming. Hope we can do it again.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists