Laughing City
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

After driving to several places close to my work, nobody had it, so i had to take a drive and get it. It is definately the best $5.91 plus tax i've ever spent.....in fact...i think i will pay the band an extra $15 next time i see them...'cause i think it's easily worth $20!!! Or even MORE!
Thank you Eisley, for giving us such great music!!!
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Hey its worth it its worth every pennie and hour waited for this ep to come out
Me and trey had it in our hands 4 months ago but we said no to listening even if offerd
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WeAreTheEggmen
Sea Post King

hehe i got mine for $4.99 plus tax... so i bought 4! =P way to go guys, the ep sounds great.
Joined: 21 Dec 2002 | Posts: 116 | Location: lawrence, kansas | dallas, texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Definitely the best cd I've purchased in quite sometime....well....besides all my Jeff Buckley purchases. hehehe. You Eisley's keep on amazing me. I've watched you grow through the Dallas music scene and now you are going to conquer the rest of the world. You are nothing short of amazing. Please keep making more and more beautiful music like this. It inspires me. Thank you.
 |  | 
Eqlipse
Sea Post King

Anonymous wrote:
Definitely the best cd I've purchased in quite sometime....well....besides all my Jeff Buckley purchases. hehehe. You Eisley's keep on amazing me. I've watched you grow through the Dallas music scene and now you are going to conquer the rest of the world. You are nothing short of amazing. Please keep making more and more beautiful music like this. It inspires me. Thank you.

So I always forget to log in here...but that is my reply. Cool

Sea Post King

In case they still read this stuff... This is Mark from Vine... Congrats you guys (and gals of course), the CD is great.
I went and got it on my lunch break today... very good stuff. It was kinda weird hearing it after production changes (especially telescope eyes) but it is definitely good and I'll get used to the changes.
So far i've only had a chance to listen to it in my car (my car radio sounds awful by the way), but I noticed that the guitars have been brought up a lot more in the mix on this EP compared to the other EP's (which as a guitar player, i definitely appreciate). Overall the recording really brought out the warmth in the instruments that were used, which is great cause there's nothing worse than a sterile sounding recording.
I paid $6 plus tax at the Virgin Megastore in Dallas and it was definitely worth it!!!!!!!
You guys rock!
TeWFuS
www.vinewebsite.com

greatbeyond
Sea Post King

Yeah, the new EP is great. After listening to EP2 over and over, the newly done songs do sound a lot fuller. The vocals on 'I Wasn't Prepared" are hypnotic and I think "Over the Mountains" is my favorite, if I had to pick one.

The only thing I would change, if I may be so bold, is the fade-out of "Telescope Eyes." It doesn't sound right to me. But maybe it's just because it's a different version and change scares me. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thoughts?

William
tewfus
Sea Post King

Yeah I think those vocals are great on "I wasn't prepared" and "Over the mountains" is probably my favorite. The intro and fade out both seem more out of place on telescope eyes than any of the other changes. What they used for an intro is part of the bridge/solo, which sounds really cool coming out of that into the chorus, but i don't know how I like the flow of going from that into the verse. Again that is me being extremely picky about it and it's still hard to tell if that's just because I'm so used to hearing it the old way. But don't get me wrong, the CD is great.
TeWFuS

Tex
Sea Post King

I'm a terrible person. I don't like at all the new Telescope Eyes. The omission of the other verses just...rrrg! But it's not my song, so yeah. (I just thought the old one was more....haunting maybe? And the reason I love that song is because of the verses...but yeah).. Perhaps I just had a really old version of that song, and they'd been playing the shortened version for awhile. Oh well.

Everything else is wonderful. The lady at the Dallas Virgin store said alot of people had been buying copies today (Thursday). So that's a good sign!

The Masked Avenger

Huh... well i'm glad everyone else liked it. Before you get mad at me you need to hear my story so you can sit from my shoes.

So a couple of month ago I heard Eisley live. (I guess they wer Moss Eisley then and maybe it was longer than a couple of monthe) I waited around for them to go onstage beacuse of all the good things I had heard. Before them, went the Chemistry Set. They blew me away, so I was preaty hyped up for Moss Eisley. After standing around listening to them for a while I couldn't tell if they had changed songs, but I was still fairly impressed. I blamed any misgiving i had on a lack of sleep. So when I hear they have a new ep, I go to buy it.
Well I was at the store looking in the normal cd area right. Well of course it isn't there. But I come across the avalanches cd... which I had been meaning to buy for a long time. I turn around to buy it and practicaly walk into the singles wall. Well, there was Eisley. (eight dollars I guess I got ripped off) For some reason I said to my self, "Yea, Ill buy that.... instead of this.... for some reason."

If you heard doubt in my internal voice it's beacuse of hindsight. It's by no means a bad ep.

I guess.

But after listening to it I was convinced that the only song I would ever listen to again was tree tops. (That song has brillance I say) Uhhh. as for the rest, I think you could play it all at the same time and it would all sync up. You know..... like pink floyd and the wizard of oz.

Anyways i was mad at myself for not buying somthing else.... and just pretending like I was listening to Eisley if I ever got the urge.
 |  | 
Eqlipse
Sea Post King

A friend and I picked up Dave Ozmun tonight for a dinner date and we had Eisley playing in the car. Dave hadn't heard it yet so we played the entire EP for him. He was excited and humbled that he was mentioned in the liner notes, as well. We all were in agreement, however, that none of us like the new Telescope Eyes. The omission of the verses we loved so dearly really changed the song. It's more "radio friendly" now. I guess that's good to be marketable but the older version was so much more haunting and Eisleyish. We all loved I Wasn't Prepared. Mike did an absolute smashing job at keeping the Eisley sound that we love. The last two songs are by far the most enjoyable of the whole EP. All in all Dave liked it and we are all excited to see how well the rest of the world takes in the cd. Although, it was agreed that until you see Eisley live...you really don't know what you are missing. Their live shows are what create the magic of it all.
Sea Post King

Ah.. i love Dave... tell him Dannell says hi!
Yes i So agree with you that it's the live show, that does it.. reals you in and takes you to this magical place... i guess i will get use to Telescope eyes... but ...i agree with you... much to radio friendly and less like the actual band... and to who ever it was that asked... they only changed the way they sang it, after it was recorded like that... it's still great live! but i do miss the other verses though... sadly... But i do love it!!!

i heart Eisley!

Guestoday

The Masked Avenger
Guest wrote....
"Anyways i was mad at myself for not buying somthing else.... and just pretending like I was listening to Eisley if I ever got the urge."

Is anybody else sick of this guys hatred of Eisley or is it just me?

Dude, get a life......somewhere else.

If you don't like Eisley...go back to your Britney Spears, or Creed, or whatever it is you like. People are tired of your b ----ing.
 |  | 
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Guestoday wrote:
Is anybody else sick of this guys hatred of Eisley or is it just me?

Nah. I have a hard time taking people on message boards seriously when they remain anonymous. It takes away from their credibility.

I've seen situations where people who are fans will start a new account and post messages bashing the band just to to stir people up. They'll even argue with themselves using both accounts just to draw people in.

I don't see that being the case with The Masked Avenger for some reason... although it does seem a bit strange that somebody would come to the Eisley message board just to say that. But hey... people go to the Weezer message board to say how much they hate the green album... or to Ben Folds message boards to say how they liked Ben Folds Five so much better. So it's not unheard of.

I always take the position that a person who comes to a message board for XYZ's band... and proceeds to bash XYZ... they're probably doing it just to get people worked up. And by getting worked up, you're simply reinforcing the behavior. Ignore them... or remain nice and serious... and they may go away. If they don't... and they start being mean, rude, offensive... whatever... let the moderators try to deal with it. Being mean, rude... etc... only adds to the meanness of this board... and is probably amusing that person to no end.

But hey, what do I know?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

When I think of "Humble Rockstar" I think of Dave Ozmun. That guy is just so kool.
Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger