Laughing City
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I asked Eisley on Twitter if there was a chance we'd hear Blackened Crown on this tour, but I just got a message back saying probably not. Sad Boo.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It would be fun, but I imagine the shorter sets will mean more modern tunes. Maybe it would be awesome on a headlining tour, though. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

When was the last time that was played live? Cause to be honest, the boots I've heard of it make me think it would get some updating cause their musicianship has grown so much.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
When was the last time that was played live? Cause to be honest, the boots I've heard of it make me think it would get some updating cause their musicianship has grown so much.

What was the older song they broke back out on the last tour?
It may have been BC, but I'm not sure.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Mr. Pine I want to say.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Mr. Pine I want to say.

I don't think Mr Pine has really gone away. It has to be one of the most played of their career. There was one song they kinda brought out of the vaults.

If old threads of their last tour are still up you can find out probably.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

It was Blackened Crown. They only played it for a few shows and changed the setlist to end with If You're Wondering instead of Blackened Crown at the Lawrence, KS show and it never came back. Sad

They also played ODISFA on their last tour.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Jared x
Lost at Forum

They played Blackened Crown at some of the shows on their last tour, like it has been already said, but they didn't play it at either the Austin or San Antonio shows. Boo. I haven't heard it since Austin years and years ago at the Parish. I miss it.
alinicole
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
They played Blackened Crown at some of the shows on their last tour, like it has been already said, but they didn't play it at either the Austin or San Antonio shows. Boo. I haven't heard it since Austin years and years ago at the Parish. I miss it.

huh? They played it at the Austin date of the combinations tour... I have a video of it up on YouTube.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

tragedienne wrote:
Jared x wrote:

huh? They played it at the Austin date of the combinations tour... I have a video of it up on YouTube.

Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly then...? I didn't think they did. Maybe it was just San Antonio then.
alinicole
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
Jared x wrote:

Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly then...? I didn't think they did. Maybe it was just San Antonio then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGwPeU0kHYQ

But yeah, they didn't play it at the SA date. That must be what you're thinking of.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I don't remember them playing it at the St. Louis/ Sauget show, but i could be wrong... But there was another out there old song they played that I thought was pretty different for them, and I don't think it was Blackened Crown. I could be wrong, but I already said that...

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I would love to hear BC live... I was getting excited when they were playing it for a few shows on the Combinations tour thinking they'd play it all tour.

According to my setlist from the Portland show on the Combinations tour they played Lady of the Wood, but I don't remember it... I would think that would be one I'd remember... But I guess I have seen 3 shows since that show, so it's not as fresh.

Anyway, I hope they bust out some old stuff to go along with the new stuff, but I'll be happy with whatever they play. The headlining tour next year will be a better time to play some classics.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Jared x wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
Jared x wrote:

They played BC in Dallas last tour (and probably all the other dates as well).

As someone suggested above, it benefited from some serious updating-- it was one of the best songs of the show. Really good.

And the re-work of lady of the wood was pretty effective too,
and they also did wonderful things with one day I slowly floated away.

All of the above were really great surprises in show I didn't expect to like that much. Of course, the Memories/Mr. Pine medley was stunning, but less unexpected.

The "combinations" tour was really a misnomer, 'cause the better "new" songs weren't from combinations!

They broke out sunfeet too, but that one didn't quite have the groove it used to. The newer arrangement carries more with the rhythm guitar instead of the bass, and that costs it something,
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

They nailed Sunfeet when they played it here in 08' and I think they did play Lady of the Wood Here...

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>