Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

its not like their new cd is goign t obe all old songs...ins prolly just 1 or 2.....
crypticomnius
Golly, Poster

yeah since they got a new bassist maybe they should do new songs
Kevin87
Sea Post King

i know it won't be old songs.. but cds don't have that many songs these days, 10, maybe 12 sometimes.. i'd rather it be all newer stuff than old stuff i've heard before
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

All I know is this is where it starts gettin fun. I loved when Boyd would describe the songs the girls were working on in the journals. I can't wait to start hearing what they are up to.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

room noises was plenty of new songs in it, relatively new at least, stuff they only played live sometimes, and long before room noises or once or twice

this next album is probably gonna be lots of new stuff, in fact, it will be, i proclaim it, but don't be suprised if Head Against the Sky or something like it appears on it...

-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

sweet....
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
room noises was plenty of new songs in it, relatively new at least, stuff they only played live sometimes, and long before room noises or once or twice

this next album is probably gonna be lots of new stuff, in fact, it will be, i proclaim it, but don't be suprised if Head Against the Sky or something like it appears on it...
I always thought of it as the opposite. I think Room Noises has way too many old songs. And for all the work/time they did/used to re-record/produce/make the old songs, they could have created just as many new ones in place of them.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

hisownshot wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

I always thought of it as the opposite. I think Room Noises has way too many old songs. And for all the work/time they did/used to re-record/produce/make the old songs, they could have created just as many new ones in place of them.

Yeah but they are introducing themselves to the world so it makes sense that they put some oldies on there.

guitargalash
Golly, Poster

personally one of my favs to jam out to on the guitar~I love this song!
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 | Posts: 879 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kevin87
Sea Post King

I was introduced to them not by Room Noises but by the Laughing City EP. it's fine having a new recording but I think that if they're going to use old stuff, make the cd longer. MuteMath recently pushed back their debut cd to a 2006 date, but Paul Meany has promised that they will have 12 songs on the cd and none will be from their Reset EP and if they do have EP songs, they will be only in addition to the 12 new ones. I think that's how it should be done.
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

RhymeloveandMelody wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

Yeah but they are introducing themselves to the world so it makes sense that they put some oldies on there.
What's the difference of putting the oldies on? If people have never heard them, it's still the same as making an entire album of new songs... except the older fans get new ones.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Kevin87 wrote:
I was introduced to them not by Room Noises but by the Laughing City EP. it's fine having a new recording but I think that if they're going to use old stuff, make the cd longer. MuteMath recently pushed back their debut cd to a 2006 date, but Paul Meany has promised that they will have 12 songs on the cd and none will be from their Reset EP and if they do have EP songs, they will be only in addition to the 12 new ones. I think that's how it should be done.
Definitely agreed. Especially with songs like Telescope Eyes where it's noones favorite song, it's already been done 2 times and it's been beaten to death. (Of course we know that was more WB's decision than Eisley)

RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

hisownshot wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

What's the difference of putting the oldies on? If people have never heard them, it's still the same as making an entire album of new songs... except the older fans get new ones.

Basically because I said so Carrie. Ha ha jk. In my opinion these songs needed to be heard by new fans. I'm dying for some new Eisley to but Memories, Marvy, Prepared, Sandra, and Lost at Sea could not be denied. They are some exquisite songs. I’m glad they got the attention they deserved. I have inkling however, that Head Against the Sky might be the next Telescope Eyes. I'm not talking in the sense of it being a sacrificial mercy song more in the sense of the band or the record label noticing it being well recieved on tour that it may be logical to give the public a well recorded release of it. Let's just hope they don't ask Chauntelle to rewrite any of it.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:

Basically because I said so Carrie. Ha ha jk. In my opinion these songs needed to be heard by new fans. I'm dying for some new Eisley to but Memories, Marvy, Prepared, Sandra, and Lost at Sea could not be denied. They are some exquisite songs. I’m glad they got the attention they deserved. I have inkling however, that Head Against the Sky might be the next Telescope Eyes. I'm not talking in the sense of it being a sacrificial mercy song more in the sense of the band or the record label noticing it being well recieved on tour that it may be logical to give the public a well recorded release of it. Let's just hope they don't ask Chauntelle to rewrite any of it.
But all those songs are ones that could be heard if even not on the Room Noises. And who knows, if those weren't on the new album, imagine all the other amazing songs that could have ended up on it? You know.

But yeah. I don't like Head Against the Sky. Neutral Haha

RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

hisownshot wrote:
Kevin87 wrote:
Definitely agreed. Especially with songs like Telescope Eyes where it's noones favorite song, it's already been done 2 times and it's been beaten to death. (Of course we know that was more WB's decision than Eisley)

Well it was my favorite till I heard the rest of Eisley's songs and it was also the first song I ever heard by Eisley so Telescope Eyes is a special song at least for me. I liked the first version and the second but by the third I was like leave the poor song alone so I do agree it could have been replaced by a better song.