Laughing City
Catey
Lost at Forum

starbucksgod wrote:
I still think the best Eisley is still the real early stuff Head Against The sky, Blackened Crown, Dream of Me, Pretender etc.

I lke Combinations especially the title track and Come Clean. There are just a few songs that seem so rushed and there is really nothing special about them Go Away, and Come Clean for example. I don;t know.

What I would look forward to ina third album is a complete shift. Showing Eisley can do something TOTALLY different.

RAP METAL. It'll make Garron and Weston happy to lay some fly beats down.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
leighish
Vintage Newbie

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
If You're Wondering is great to sing acapella... quietly... to yourself. With the window open on a sunny day.

or to sing off key while doing the dishes and occasionally rubbing your big fat baby belly.

....yep.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
If You're Wondering is great to sing acapella... quietly... to yourself. With the window open on a sunny day.

I will defenitely do that one day except keep the window closed because I have a horrible voice even if I'm quietly singing to myself.
mellon collie
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
starnothing wrote:
And I'm honestly really strangely attached to ICBTFY. I guess if I've never 100% believed music can help people (though I always have believed that) then that song would be the one to prove it. I have my own personal thing relating to it... but somehow besides all relevancy it's simply really cathartic.

I love the whole album though.

I love ICBTFY also, probably my 2nd favorite track behind Ten Cent Blues, and it contains my favorite moment of the entire album, the bridge that Chauntelle sings.

ahhh! Same here. lately i love that song more than all the rest on the album. It's my second favorite Eisley song, after Memories.
The part Chauntelle sings is so beautiful, its my favorite part on the album too!

redorgreen
Sea Post King

After many listens of both albums, I think Combinations is a lot better for three main reasons:

1. It is more cohesive...the songs all sound like they belong together better than the songs on Room Noises.
2. Better production...the quality just sounds a lot better, the breathing is gone, etc.
3. New Instruments/Better Song writing. I think they have just matured a lot in their song writing, and I appreciate the different sounds of the "extra" instruments.
xLottie
Sea Post King

I know what your saying. Combinations is now very near and dear to my heart. eilsye is awesome. everytime i listen to a song off combinations I pick up a little something new i missed the time befoe, like little suprises. that in itself rocks.
I want garron and weston to sing on the third album, give them a mike and a solo : D
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:
I still think the best Eisley is still the real early stuff Head Against The sky, Blackened Crown, Dream of Me, Pretender etc.

I lke Combinations especially the title track and Come Clean. There are just a few songs that seem so rushed and there is really nothing special about them Go Away, and Come Clean for example. I don;t know.

What I would look forward to ina third album is a complete shift. Showing Eisley can do something TOTALLY different.

Not exactly the direction I was going in but sure Laughing

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

starbucksgod wrote:
Catey wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:

i'm not sure about Rap Metal, but i've always loved Eisley's "heavier" side, from "Head Against The Sky", to "Many Funerals", to whatever, and i think they could make a pretty great Metal record, if they wanted to! but, i doubt they'd want to…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:
Catey wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:

i'm not sure about Rap Metal, but i've always loved Eisley's "heavier" side, from "Head Against The Sky", to "Many Funerals", to whatever, and i think they could make a pretty great Metal record, if they wanted to! but, i doubt they'd want to…

Im thinking more darker introspective alternative rock wit heavier melodies and longer instrumental pieces.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Whatever they decide to do on their next album, it will be a surprise. They are not interested in covering the same ground. They're evolving! They have the musical and lyrical ability to go anywhere they chose, and I'm going to enjoy that ride!!
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

mikep0922 wrote:
Whatever they decide to do on their next album, it will be a surprise. They are not interested in covering the same ground. They're evolving! They have the musical and lyrical ability to go anywhere they chose, and I'm going to enjoy that ride!!

WO, well said. Very Happy