Laughing City
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
patrock wrote:
The checkout clerk at Whole Foods tonight noticed my Eisley shirt and said "Oh, I love Eisley". She pronounced it eez-lee. I thought of correcting her but there wasn't a way to do it smoothly. So I just let it go. Laughing

I've never had a stranger notice my shirt or hoodie before. Smile

how unprofessional of her... Mind you, I reckon only about 40% of workers at my local to work Tesco are professional in their manner.

I would agree that that is pretty funny.

unprofessional? really? I wouldn't think giving someone a compliment on their musical tastes is unprofessional. especially for the standards of a retail checkout clerk.

I see gossiping and talking loudly to other employees as unprofessional. taking interest and engaging with the customer should be, if anything, encouraged.

True, the quote was taken out of the context of the conversation... But as far as bantering with customers go, uh... weather... local stuff. not personal stuff. IMO

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Yeah it's odd...I've encountered a similar situation...This year new people coming to school were like yeah...I listen to Eisley (Easley) and I was like...It's Eyes-lee...and they swear up and down that they thought it was Easley...but maybe that's just because there is a city in SC named that...silly people
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

The only time my Eisley shirt ever got recognized, they were referred to as "them".
It was something like: "Oh! That's a good band. I like them too."
...as I stood totally unaware of what she was talking about until I realized I was wearing my Eisley shirt that day.

leighish
Vintage Newbie

negating the professionalism argument here seeing as how the girl was a friend of mine. Anyway, she looked at my sweater and asked me what the heck an ELSLEY was.

yes, evidently a sans serif capital I looked like a lowercase l to her.

despite the fact that every other letter was uppercase, I guess I understand Laughing

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Last edited by leighish on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Completely unrelated, but one time I wore my Smiths shirt and someone thought it was my band. Laughing Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Completely unrelated, but one time I wore my Smiths shirt and someone thought it was my band. Laughing Laughing

haha nice Laughing

Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:

Hahaha.
Joined: 08 Aug 2007 | Posts: 158 | Location: Northern Ireland
Caley
Lost at Forum

My friends call them eesley to try to piss me off. After two years of them doing that though, it doesn't really work anymore.

And I remember someone actually asked me if Eisley were a brand clothing one time because I have so many shirts. They were like, "So is eesley some kind of Tim Burton-esque graphic shirt brand or something?" I just giggled.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:
My friends call them eesley to try to piss me off. After two years of them doing that though, it doesn't really work anymore.

haha, my aunt calls them "Pies-ley" to try to piss me off because I call David Cassidy either David Crappidy or David Crap-a-lot. (She loves David Cassidy... a lot)
xLottie
Sea Post King

I always thought it was eye-slee and then i heard the band and they say it like eyes-lee...not a big difference, but the name could be hard for some people=/
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:

That's hilarious, but also really really sad...
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Laughing Wow.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Laughing Wow.

I actually think the girl felt she had to say something, because she was starring at it. The shirt was the one from the debut album. But it could have been worse-- it could have been the cover of the Hand In Glove single. Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Myself
Sea Post King

i honestly dont understand hpw anyone can think its pronounced other than how it sounds...but i guess it happens
bmxbandit
Sea Post King

Yep, I've had the pleasure of hearing them being called "easel" as well. Gotta love that one since its totally spelled different than that pronunciation.

Also I first named them right because it looked like half of the name of the town in star wars. So after discovering them soon before the brand new/hot rod circuit tour, I found out they actually used to be called that.
Last edited by bmxbandit on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>