Laughing City
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

johnip wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:
Also, any particular reason you feel Eisley wouldn't be a good choice?

Because if it's like every dance I ever went to it will be nothing but rap, hip hop, and YMCA. Oh and what ever song you do the Electric Slide to. Laughing So when something like Eisley comes on people won't know what to do.

DRMS_7888 wrote:
You can request Eisley all you want, but don't be surprised if it has lukewarm results. We aren't like the rest of the world you know. Eisley doesn't talk about pimps n hos nearly enough to be cool with the school children.

Well they can get used to some good music for a change.

Anyway, I think I may be narrowing my final list a bit. It seems like I tend to add more too :/

Eisley

My Lovely
Just Like We Do
Taking Control
Go Away
Ten Cent Blues
Marsh King's Daughter
One More Day With You

Muse

Falling Away With You
Blackout
Starlight
Supermassive Black Hole
Invincible
Unintended
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

Feist

I Feel It All
Past In Present

I already kinda see which ones will probably get the ax here...

I should probably throw in some completely random songs too, just for shits and giggles. Would "Never Gonna Give You Up" still be relatively funny or is it completely dead?
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Basically I was saying that a job of a DJ is to keep everyone on the floor. If he/she plays Eisley, people are going to sit down. Simple as that.
norad
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
Basically I was saying that a job of a DJ is to keep everyone on the floor. If he/she plays Eisley, people are going to sit down. Simple as that.

Have you ever been at a part where Eisley came on and people sat down?
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

No, but I've been a DJ. Have you?

At a prom what do people get more excited for, Cotton Eye'd Joe, or Trolley Wood?
norad
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

No. But you pretty much just ruined your point. How do you have any idea that would actually happen? You can assume or speculate but in the end you have no idea.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

Cotton Eye'd Joe

Dang, I forgot about that one. They always play that song haha!

Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

At a prom what do people get more excited for, Cotton Eye'd Joe, or Trolley Wood?

That depends on the people. If Cotton Eye'd Joe is what I think it is, I think people would actually prefer Trolleywood. Though, of course, since they don't know the song, they wouldn't likely dance to it.

Regardless, I still think it could work out well enough.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

No. But you pretty much just ruined your point. How do you have any idea that would actually happen? You can assume or speculate but in the end you have no idea.

You missed my point in my first post where I absolutely knew what I was talking about. People at dances like familiarity. Eisley is not familar to the general prom crowd, so it's a bad choice for the DJ to play.
norad
Vintage Newbie

You still have no idea if you're right. You can assume all you want though. So will I.
Last edited by norad on Fri May 16, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
patrock wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

His point is that DJs are going to assume and discriminate about little bands like Eisley because their job performance counts on it.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
You still have no idea if you're right. You can assume all you want though. So will I.

Laughing

Ok, Nora. I layed out my argument for a 1st grader. But you're right. It's hard to understand.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I get what you're saying and understand it just fine.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
Anyway...the 'music issue' was the main reason why I didn't go to my prom. All my friends were like "It's your prom! You have to go!" Then when they came back to school on Tuesday (Monday was senior skip day) all they did was bitch about how bad the music was. jackasses! Twisted Evil

Our prom was Saturday and this is exactly what happened with us. Only some people jumped the gun and bitched all day during senior skip activities on Monday.

And feel free to try to request Eisley if you want, but in my experience DJs rarely play anyone's requests unless it was at one time a popular song. People don't go to dances to get introduced to new music, they want to be familiar enough with the songs so that they can zone out and enjoy.

Sea Post King

Yeah well, we'll just have to see how this goes. Even if the music thing doesn't work out too well, I will probably still have fun just spending time with my friends.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Whoever's in charge of the music is probably going to be a professional DJ or at least an A/V nerd who's getting paid to be there and has already chosen the playlist for the evening, and thus would not be interested in playing a mix CD someone hands him or her. I think this close to prom it's a little late to try to get an Eisley song in there. You'd be better off trying to get the job of DJ for the next prom or homecoming so you can make your own list and play what you want.

patrock wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
I would not suggest Eisley for prom.

'Cause that would just suck.

No, it's 'cause their songs are generally not danceable. The only Eisley songs on Vandread's list that might be suitable for dancing are "Ten Cent Blues" (a little fast and awkward) and "Marsh King's Daughter" (only if everyone's got tails and a tophat).

Oh, and by the way, saying Eisley is unsuitable for prom does not equal saying they suck, so please stop drawing ridiculous conclusions and picking fights with people who haven't done anything wrong. Cheers!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>