Laughing City
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I used to have a lot of vinyl. Most of it I didn't even bother moving with me when I left home for college 23 years ago. Probably ended up being thrown out. Wish I had known it would all appreciate substantially. Can I have The Wall or Never Mind the Bullocks back, please??? Kind of like when I was living in Aurora, IL in 1991 or 1992, had an old pair of vintage Air Jordans I was throwing in the dumpster as I thought they looked too funky for a 20 something to still be wearing. My neighbor saw me throwing them out and took them. I am pretty sure he turned a nice profit on those! Ah, one of many costly mistakes. One of the smaller ones, really. Funny how life goes. Smile Take out all my financial mistakes, I would be rich! No, really! I sold all of my company's stock near the bottom, lost about $5000 just on that...
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Can I have The Wall or Never Mind the Bullocks back, please???

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Haha Laughing But that is a great pic!
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Yes, I like the sound better. But I also think it is better, which is subjective, but that's what I think. The pops and crackles, especially in my own copy, are significant. And my speakers are really cool and old, so it sounds sort of distorted sometimes, but in a really really great way. I still listen to my Room Noises CD in the car and stuff, but when I'm at home I'll always play the album. It seems so much more substantial to me.

http://inconnumag.com
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

Are you questioning the musical taste of my youth? Laughing Okay, what were you listening to at age 16, 17, hmmm??? Yes, come clean! Somehow I picture some Milli Vanilli in your past... Razz

---
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

Are you questioning the musical taste of my youth? Laughing Okay, what were you listening to at age 16, 17, hmmm??? Yes, come clean! Somehow I picture some Milli Vanilli in your past... Razz

---

It's Never Mind the Bollocks. I was pointing out your typo in a humorous manner.

16 and 17 was about the stage when I started to discover music other than what my parents listened to (Van Morrison, Willie Nelson, and other equally decent stuff). That was approximately when I got into the Verve, and then U2. There was no Milli Vanilli. There was some Enya, though.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I TOTALLY MISSED THE MISSPELLING WHICH MADE IT FUNNIER NOW THAT YOU POINTED IT OUT!!!!

ahhhhhh... you folks are too astute and clever around here for us old farts.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Bollocks to you spelling bees! Yea, silly me. Killed a few brain cells in college... my standard response to being corrected. Laughing I drank, I slam danced, I hit my head a few times, yea good times! Embarassed
Last edited by CUBSWINWORLDSERIES on Mon May 03, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I slam danced,

Wish I could have seen that! Laughing Wink

Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
I slam danced,

Wish I could have seen that! Laughing Wink

Reason #1 to not attend class reunions! Laughing
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Ugh! SO CLOSE! With less than 1 minute left, my boyfriend put in his bid, but someone else just wouldn't give it up either. He gave up at $52 with five seconds left, when he was beat by a dollar again. I gotta say, it's frustrating.

Was it someone on the board who won it?

sully_51
Golly, Poster

I bid 50 with 30 seconds left. That was already more than I wanted to spend, so congrats to who got it.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

The Get Up Kids new album was recorded analog on a two-track and pressed to vinyl, but I still listen to is mostly as AAC because it's just more convenient then dealing with a record player every single time I want to listen.