Laughing City

Did you become an Atheist after seeing "The Golden Compass"?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 29

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

SingingTree1994 wrote:
i'm someone will get mad at me for this, but...
i DO NOT want to see this movie

I'm not mad at you for saying it. I'm just wondering what the point is of posting that in a thread like this without also giving your reasons.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

I'm not mad at you for saying it. I'm just wondering what the point is of posting that in a thread like this without also giving your reasons.

not to sound rude (i am sure it could be said of 99% of my posts) but, whats the point of most of her posts?

i dont get it

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

SingingTree1994 wrote:

Can I guess that Edward Scissorhands is one of your favorite movies?
Wink

crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

not to sound rude (i am sure it could be said of 99% of my posts) but, whats the point of most of her posts?

i dont get it

adding "not to be rude" to the front of a sentance does not make it any less rude. just saying. like saying "no offense but...you're ugly." doesn't make what the person said any less offensive.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

i dont get it

adding "not to be rude" to the front of a sentance does not make it any less rude. just saying. like saying "no offense but...you're ugly." doesn't make what the person said any less offensive.

not to say i dont care what you think, but i dont. i meant what i said and i said it.
if she (or you) took it as rude them fine. but sometimes the truth is what it is. the truth.

plus i dont say its rude, its blunt. and if it was rude to her then it was rude to myself. cuz i said teh same thing to myself.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
SingingTree1994
Lost at Forum

kLafied wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

Can I guess that Edward Scissorhands is one of your favorite movies?
Wink

umm idk

SingingTree1994
Lost at Forum

mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

i dont get it

ok then

bye everyone
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:
ok, i didn't read this whole thread so if this has already been discussed excuse my repetitiveness, but i just saw the movie tonight and though i liked it i really hated the ending. they completely skipped the part where Roger dies and she goes through the bridge. it was just so butchered, i think they could have made it into a three hour movie and added more of the book into it. and i also wish they would have kept the magisterium as the papacy.

philip pullman has the amazing ability to make the most depressing endings to EVERY story he writes. i have read so much of his stuff, and i don't think anything ever ends all that happily. so i think what they wanted to do was end on a sort of high note in hopes that people who don't know the books will come back to see "the subtle knife." ending on a low note might detract viewers (i mean, even "lord of the rings" had some smaltzy, hopeful speech at the end of the movies). don't worry, though, the final movie will have its depressing ending for everyone. i was kind of mad that asriel is still considered a good guy at the end. hating him was one of my favorite things.
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 | Posts: 2702 | Location: central new york, massachusetts, london (soon)
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

mr pine wrote:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:
mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

i dont get it

not to say i dont care what you think, but i dont. i meant what i said and i said it.
if she (or you) took it as rude them fine. but sometimes the truth is what it is. the truth.

plus i dont say its rude, its blunt. and if it was rude to her then it was rude to myself. cuz i said teh same thing to myself.

wow, that was a lot of rambling. just a lot of using the word "rude" over and over.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
mr pine wrote:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:
mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
SingingTree1994 wrote:

i dont get it

wow, that was a lot of rambling. just a lot of using the word "rude" over and over.

"And yet accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often!"
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Every time you post you sound really unserious and sarcastic...that's 'cause I see you avy and sig. I imagine him saying everything. Laughing
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

SPOILER!

2 questions:

Is Coulter really Lyra's mother or did she just say that to gain her trust?
Is Pan a ferret, mongoose, weasel, stoat, mink, polecat...?
He's adorable and I want one.
Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --

I saw it and thought it was a good story. I love fantasy movies like that. I noticed that the Magisterium looked like priests (with bad comb-overs), but I didn't interpret anything else as anti-religion. I laughed out loud at the painting of Nicole Kidman and her creepy monkey. I also thought it was funny that both Bond and Bond girl were in it.

kLafied
Laughing Citizen

treetops12 wrote:
SPOILER!

2 questions:

Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --

I saw it and thought it was a good story. I love fantasy movies like that. I noticed that the Magisterium looked like priests (with bad comb-overs), but I didn't interpret anything else as anti-religion. I laughed out loud at the painting of Nicole Kidman and her creepy monkey. I also thought it was funny that both Bond and Bond girl were in it.

I haven't read the other books, but I'm pretty positive that Mrs. Coulter IS her mother. And, in the book I believe that they said Pan turned into a "ferret." So yeah Smile

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
SPOILER!

2 questions:

Smile[/img]

Coulter is really her mother, but when I saw the movie I assumed the same thing. It seemed like a huge lie.

In the books Pan switched often between ferret, ermine, and polecat.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...

<< prev | goto page