Laughing City
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

yeah, the show was pretty damned awesome. the only thing i didn't like was that everybody was in your typical "i'm too cool to do anything but stand around and be bored" mood, and some people even complained that i was rockin' out — at a rock show! if you've got a problem with my little "one man mosh pit", well, then, why not make it a two man? huh? don't be such a loser! but it happens every time! and it makes me especially angry since, well, i can't help myself! it's not like i'm trying to smash into you, or anything, it's just that music is making me do it! really! when i give myself completely over to the music, my body just naturally starts goin' crazy, until it's too exhausted to go on! you know, i wouldn't mind if you were smashing into me, as long as you were rockin' out, too!

anyways.

i did get to meet the band, sort of, but i think everything basically came out like "ghooAKLFJHSABWfjjaagfdkrialfadhggfrwoerpppma." i was just too damned exhausted, and dehydrated, and nervous, and shy, and whatever. oh well. i didn't get a hug from Stacy (actually, i didn't even ask for one! i forgot!), but i did get a handshake, and a smile, and i've been on the verge of a heart-attack ever since, so a hug probably would have killed me! that smile has been permanently burned into my eyes, too, i think — everywhere i look it's there, floatin' around, like in Alice in Wonderland where the Chesire Cat disappears except for his simile, you know? it's kind of creepy, actually.

i stuck around for the first 5 songs, i think, of Mute Math's set, and they do put a lot of energy into the show, and everything, but i really didn't like the music anymore than on the record, and my ears were starting to hurt, etc, so i left.

i probably shouldn't be typing right now! i'm still really exhausted, and my brain is all mush, two days on! i think it was not being able to get to sleep that night ('cause i was in a hotel, and i always have trouble sleeping in a new place for the first few nights), and then going to Sea World the next day. oh well. but, then again, since when do i ever post when my brain isn't mush? when i'm completely sane i have too much sense to post on a message-board! which is probably why i always come off as such a complete loser, creep, pervert, $#@!, etc. i'm starting to think my "internet me" is sort of like a high-tech version of my "drunk me", except that i don't actually have a "drunk me", since i don't, uh, drink (alcohol, i mean.) actually, i've been thinkin' 'bout killing him off, so, this might be my last post ever! so y'all can start rejoicing, and stuff!

anyways, thanks Eisley for comin' out here, and puttin' on a great show, etc. i loved it!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Caley
Lost at Forum

savelatin wrote:
They give you posters to get signed. When I saw them in Detroit, they were giving out stickers too, but I didn't see in at the HOB. I saw people getting CDs signed, but I don't know if they brought them in or bought them there.

Sweet, thanks for the reply. Smile I guess there's no harm in bringing a poster-- if they tell me I can't bring it in, I guess I'll just put it back in my car.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:
savelatin wrote:
They give you posters to get signed. When I saw them in Detroit, they were giving out stickers too, but I didn't see in at the HOB. I saw people getting CDs signed, but I don't know if they brought them in or bought them there.

Sweet, thanks for the reply. Smile I guess there's no harm in bringing a poster-- if they tell me I can't bring it in, I guess I'll just put it back in my car.

I guess I could have told you that I brought my lithographs to get signed and no one said anything. You shouldn't have a problem.
Caley
Lost at Forum

oliez wrote:
Caley wrote:
savelatin wrote:

I guess I could have told you that I brought my lithographs to get signed and no one said anything. You shouldn't have a problem.

Cool, thank you! I'm definitely bringing it now. Very Happy

NeoM4A1
Sea Post King

do not be afraid. wrote:
<snip>

I think I saw you there. Were you standing towards the middle, right in front of the steps?
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

NeoM4A1 wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
<snip>

I think I saw you there. Were you standing towards the middle, right in front of the steps?
did i smash into you? whip you with my long flowing locks of hair? stomp on your toes? if so, sorry. really. but, yes, yes, yes. it was the closest place i could find to the mixer (for optimum sound) with a reasonable view of the stage — not that it actually mattered, since the only time i was actually looking at the stage was during Golly Sandra, when the purdy purdy Gretsch came out! oh well. you should have joined in! then people could yell at both of us! unless you were one of the meanies Sad
NeoM4A1
Sea Post King

do not be afraid. wrote:
NeoM4A1 wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
<snip>

did i smash into you? whip you with my long flowing locks of hair? stomp on your toes? if so, sorry. really. but, yes, yes, yes. it was the closest place i could find to the mixer (for optimum sound) with a reasonable view of the stage — not that it actually mattered, since the only time i was actually looking at the stage was during Golly Sandra, when the purdy purdy Gretsch came out! oh well. you should have joined in! then people could yell at both of us! unless you were one of the meanies Sad

Naw, I wasn't one of the meanies. I was the short kid standing next to you, if you were paying any attention. About halfway through the show I went upstairs to get a better view (it sucks being short). Very Happy
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

NeoM4A1 wrote:
Naw, I wasn't one of the meanies. I was the short kid standing next to you, if you were paying any attention. About halfway through the show I went upstairs to get a better view (it sucks being short). Very Happy

i think i remember you! but, honestly, "short" isn't very descriptive! still, thanks for not hating me! unless you do hate me, and just aren't speaking up, or something...

i'd imagine it would suck being short, but i wouldn't know... actually, after hearing how tall all the Duprees were i was kinda shocked by how, uh, untall they were! i still had to look up a bit at Weston and Garron, but not as much as i thought i would, and i had to look down at everyone else! how tall does that make me? hmm… definitely not short, though, right?
NeoM4A1
Sea Post King

Yeah, like I'm gonna hate the guy who's getting into the music. Wink

Hey, you! The guy dancing! *shoots guy randomly*
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

NeoM4A1 wrote:
Yeah, like I'm gonna hate the guy who's getting into the music. Wink

Hey, you! The guy dancing! *shoots guy randomly*

i know at least one person seemed like they might do just that, if they had a gun to do it with! good thing security was so tight…
Xarisnon
Sea Post King

I get into the music to. I don't move around a lot just sway and kind of bounce. I probably look stupid but whatever I don't kill anyone. No one around me cared there was a cute girl next to me getting into it to. I was hoping for a slow song so I could ask her to dance Smile didn't happen. Then she left as soon as they finished. O well.
PS I kept yelling Laughing City hoping someone from here would respond didn't happen either.
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 | Posts: 209 | Location: Philidalphea, PA
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

This was my first Eisley show after listening to the band for two years. It was actually unreal, to see them in person. It was really cool because when the band was off the stage I got to meet all of them including Boyd, I got his signature. I know when the band takes off, we will never have these opportunities again.

--mike
Very Happy
Joined: 05 Nov 2007 | Posts: 1453 | Location: Orlando, Florida
Catey
Lost at Forum

do not be afraid. wrote:

i'd imagine it would suck being short, but i wouldn't know... actually, after hearing how tall all the Duprees were i was kinda shocked by how, uh, untall they were! i still had to look up a bit at Weston and Garron, but not as much as i thought i would, and i had to look down at everyone else! how tall does that make me? hmm… definitely not short, though, right?

I always expected the band to be tiny...except Weston because he looks tall. But I was wrong, they are all tall which is nice because some people look tall, and then they aren't a-la Gerard & Mikey Way which is disappointing [but I'm not complaining]
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

do not be afraid. wrote:
yeah, the show was pretty damned awesome. the only thing i didn't like was that everybody was in your typical "i'm too cool to do anything but stand around and be bored" mood, and some people even complained that i was rockin' out — at a rock show! if you've got a problem with my little "one man mosh pit", well, then, why not make it a two man? huh? don't be such a loser! but it happens every time! and it makes me especially angry since, well, i can't help myself! it's not like i'm trying to smash into you, or anything, it's just that music is making me do it! really! when i give myself completely over to the music, my body just naturally starts goin' crazy, until it's too exhausted to go on! you know, i wouldn't mind if you were smashing into me, as long as you were rockin' out, too!

anyways.

i did get to meet the band, sort of, but i think everything basically came out like "ghooAKLFJHSABWfjjaagfdkrialfadhggfrwoerpppma." i was just too damned exhausted, and dehydrated, and nervous, and shy, and whatever. oh well. i didn't get a hug from Stacy (actually, i didn't even ask for one! i forgot!), but i did get a handshake, and a smile, and i've been on the verge of a heart-attack ever since, so a hug probably would have killed me! that smile has been permanently burned into my eyes, too, i think — everywhere i look it's there, floatin' around, like in Alice in Wonderland where the Chesire Cat disappears except for his simile, you know? it's kind of creepy, actually.

i stuck around for the first 5 songs, i think, of Mute Math's set, and they do put a lot of energy into the show, and everything, but i really didn't like the music anymore than on the record, and my ears were starting to hurt, etc, so i left.

i probably shouldn't be typing right now! i'm still really exhausted, and my brain is all mush, two days on! i think it was not being able to get to sleep that night ('cause i was in a hotel, and i always have trouble sleeping in a new place for the first few nights), and then going to Sea World the next day. oh well. but, then again, since when do i ever post when my brain isn't mush? when i'm completely sane i have too much sense to post on a message-board! which is probably why i always come off as such a complete loser, creep, pervert, $#@!, etc. i'm starting to think my "internet me" is sort of like a high-tech version of my "drunk me", except that i don't actually have a "drunk me", since i don't, uh, drink (alcohol, i mean.) actually, i've been thinkin' 'bout killing him off, so, this might be my last post ever! so y'all can start rejoicing, and stuff!

anyways, thanks Eisley for comin' out here, and puttin' on a great show, etc. i loved it!

yeah, her smile is like that, isn't it !

Xarisnon
Sea Post King

Woot I'm in this picture.
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 | Posts: 209 | Location: Philidalphea, PA