Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i actually watch the Hills pretty regularly and was surprised when i heard Invasion tonight.

i've always wondered about how real it was though because - if you know anything about editing film - there are unique camera views that prevent it happening live.

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
i actually watch the Hills pretty regularly and was surprised when i heard Invasion tonight.

i've always wondered about how real it was though because - if you know anything about editing film - there are unique camera views that prevent it happening live.

i'm sure for the most part a lot of the drama is real, but things like.. oh, that one episode where heidi, the baby, and jason and lauren all showed up at ketchup ..the SAME night.. well, i doubt that really happened. you can really tell when things aren't really happening, too. they make it seem like there are a lot more awkward silences than i think there really are. all in the editing i suppose.
alinicole
Sea Post King

If you missed it or want to see it again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFMemVGVFlM
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
bigideas wrote:

i'm sure for the most part a lot of the drama is real, but things like.. oh, that one episode where heidi, the baby, and jason and lauren all showed up at ketchup ..the SAME night.. well, i doubt that really happened. you can really tell when things aren't really happening, too. they make it seem like there are a lot more awkward silences than i think there really are. all in the editing i suppose.
i think a lot of it is either recreated, with an added dose of drama, or completely contrived by producers, with just a small portion being an actual real event. i know lauren said that they'll ask her about what's going on that week, and will only film if something interesting is happening, but i definitely think it's a lot more put together than that.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
If you missed it or want to see it again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFMemVGVFlM

Cool. Thanks!
norad
Vintage Newbie

HAH! My 30 second guess was pretty close. 26 second clip.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
bigideas wrote:

i think a lot of it is either recreated, with an added dose of drama, or completely contrived by producers, with just a small portion being an actual real event. i know lauren said that they'll ask her about what's going on that week, and will only film if something interesting is happening, but i definitely think it's a lot more put together than that.

Oh yeah definitely. I remember hearing her say that too. Another way you can really tell is if you look at Lauren's nails! Tonight when she went out on that date with that Gavin or whatever, she had red nail polish on and then when she got home and called Brody, she didn't have any on. Hmm.. so what, she just had gotten home and decided to take her nail polish off? Maybe.. but I doubt it. It's just like Laguna Beach ..things are always recreated.d..
RockerChick
Sea Post King

This show looks daft like Laguna Beach, but nice exposure.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

RockerChick wrote:

actually what got me watching anything related was the LB episode where Lauren wore a white bikini. Shocked

Laguna Beach was a lot worse - high school........eh.....and if they had chosen any other character to base a spin off on other than LC, then i probably would not watch it.

yes, they are well off, but at least in LC's case, she seems to have strong morals and they at least never show spoilishness in her case. if they showed any characters whining because they don't have the new "x" brand clothing item then i would be out of there.

what really puzzles me is how Whitney always seems to be alone and not dating anyone.

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
RockerChick wrote:

yes, they are well off, but at least in LC's case, she seems to have strong morals and they at least never show spoilishness in her case. if they showed any characters whining because they don't have the new "x" brand clothing item then i would be out of there.

what really puzzles me is how Whitney always seems to be alone and not dating anyone.

Sometimes I wonder how strong LC's morals are. I don't think she is such an Angel as she can come across to be. And did you see that one episode where all they did was say what the people on the show were wearing and how much it cost? Each day Lauren wore clothes that were insanely expensive. I swear, a freakin' earring was like a couple hundred dollars.
liketheact0rs
Sea Post King

wooooooooooow
i can just see all them teeny boppers
"oh my god! that song! that song! i must have it cuz it's on the hills!"

but i know i know, eisley gets major points in the end

anyway!
i'm surprised they got that much time on air!
go eisley! Smile

Tim Kim
Sea Post King

This show makes me feel stupid... as most shows on MTV/VH1/whatever station do.

A tad one-sided but I gave The Hills a shot without any pre-conceived bias. before. However I am all up for Eisley exposure... perhaps when they hear the 30 second clip and go listen to it they will become smarter... (hopefully).

Very Happy

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
bLackeNedcrowN
Sea Post King

umm... ok this is really weird..
i watched the full episode on mtv.com and invasion did not play once, even on that clip with spencer going to visit heidi...

someone say im just crazy... but go see for yourselves

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's exposure, and not exactly any kind of endorsement. It's getting them to an audience they might not normally reach in a large way. It's a foot in the door. So I'm cool with it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

Haha, my sister is addicted to the show, so when they played Invasion, she ran up to my room and was like, "They're playing Eisley on the Hills! OMGZZZ!"