Laughing City
murlough23
Sea Post King

Bamified wrote:
The whereabouts of Weston will never be known to us at this point D: Maybe he was running for cover away from the many people willing to slap his bottom o.o

Nice. He's about the only guy you could give a butt-slap and a hi-five all at once.

Bamified wrote:
I also enjoyed listening to the never-before-heard material, and of course the intros to their old songs. I still have yet to see them play Plenty of Paper, but I think my chances are slim now Mad

Is that one a rarity? Eisley seems like the kind of band who likes to mix up their setlists instead of just playing "the singles and the new album". saw them play it live at the Los Angeles House of Blues in '06. It's one of my favorites. (They also played "Head Against the Sky" at that show, which introduced me to that wonderful little song. It was also my first time hearing "Mr. Pine", but for some reason that song didn't catch on with me until this time around.)

My rarities that I've never heard Eisley play after 3 concerts are "Brightly Wound", "Lost at Sea", and "If You're Wondering". My ultimate wishlist would include "Marsh King's Daughter", but I have no idea how the heck they'd pull that one off live.

Bamified wrote:
And yes, I'd love to see Sigur Ros as well. Hoppipolla is so wonderful to play on the keyboard/piano!

I like listening to Sigur Ros when I'm in a chill mood, and I'm sure they'd be absolutely transcendent live, but due to the length of their songs, I'd likely be frustrated about all the highlights they didn't have time to play. ("Woohoo, it's track #8 from the parenthesis album! Oh crap, this thing's 11 minutes long. Guess that's the last song of the set, then.") I like that some other bands have adapted the Sigur Ros influence into a more accessible format - not saying that makes them better than Sigur Ros; they just have different strengths.

Incidentally, I have Eisley's "Lost at Sea" and Sigur Ros's "Saeglopur" back-to-back on a mix CD that I made in 2006 - they seemed appropriate together since "Saeglopur" is Icelandic for "Lost at Sea".
AL.so.CAL
Sea Post King

ya, Jimmy Page definitely used the violin bow on the guitar, I'm sure he wasn't the first to do it. And they have this thing called an Ebow, which is pretty frickin cool if you ask me....

but anyway, it was an was an amazing show, Vedera was amazing (gave me the shivers), the Myriad was alright (a little too cookie cutter for me, but my friends liked them a lot), and Eisley, well i can't even describe the feeling.

But i stuck around after the show to meet them, they signed combinations for me, and i talked to chauntelle for a few minutes, i can't really remember what we talked about because i was just trying to not scream like a little girl. I really wish i wasn't taking final exams at school all week so i could have followed them to AZ.

Next time they are around, one night will not be enough.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

murlough23 wrote:
Bamified wrote:
I also enjoyed listening to the never-before-heard material, and of course the intros to their old songs. I still have yet to see them play Plenty of Paper, but I think my chances are slim now Mad

Is that one a rarity? Eisley seems like the kind of band who likes to mix up their setlists instead of just playing "the singles and the new album". saw them play it live at the Los Angeles House of Blues in '06. It's one of my favorites.

You know, I don't think I have ever heard Plenty of Paper live. I've seen them five times now, and I don't think they've ever played it..

Bamified
Sea Post King

murlough23 wrote:
My rarities that I've never heard Eisley play after 3 concerts are "Brightly Wound", "Lost at Sea", and "If You're Wondering". My ultimate wishlist would include "Marsh King's Daughter", but I have no idea how the heck they'd pull that one off live.

"Marsh King's Daughter" would be neat to see them perform :o I imagine many, many, people will be entranced into an odd but jovial mood :P

My ultimate setlist would definitely have "Brightly Wound" as well, but I just have to see them perform "Plenty of Paper" sometime before I die T_T

murlough23 wrote:
He's about the only guy you could give a butt-slap and a hi-five all at once.

Actually, that would be a rather difficult feat for me to pull off; I am on the short side, and would break a sweat trying to give the butt slap and high five simultaneously.

Unless I have a trampoline.
Last edited by Bamified on Thu May 22, 2008 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

on the Final Noise tour they played it live, it's good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MoGzQgP0dI

this is from '05, so it's an older video, but yeah.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Bamified
Sea Post King

Yeah, I've seen that YouTube video amongst other performances of the song ^^ It is indeed amazing...!
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Bamified wrote:

murlough23 wrote:
He's about the only guy you could give a butt-slap and a hi-five all at once.

Actually, that would be a rather difficult feat for me to pull off; I am on the short side, and would break a sweat trying to give the butt slap and high five simultaneously.

Unless I have a trampoline.

I think he meant your arm would be in high five position in order to slap his butt. Laughing

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Bamified
Sea Post King

Hmm.

In retrospection, that makes more sense now O_O