Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
hondu
Sea Post King

I am Hondu (my real name is Andrew)

I've been listening to Eisley for about 3 and a half years now.

I'm in a band called The Arrival (www.myspace.com/thearrivalband)
(our myspace has been deleted twice, because they hate us, so we're lacking friends...so an add or two is always welcome!)

My old band recorded with Andy Jackson (lead singer from Hot Rod Circuit)
I found out from him that Casey Prestwood (guitarist for HRC) did the lap steel part in 'Golly Sandra'

It's a small world after all.

Eisley is my favorite band of all time. Kudos. And Combinations is one of the best albums I've ever heard...and I'm a huge Beatles fan Very Happy

I'm from the south, and sweet tea is awesome.

the end.

Endy
Sea Post King

Howdy day! My names Abbey and I first heard Eisley while listening to my Yahoo Music Podcast. This was two years ago I believe and ever since, I've just fallen in love with the band. The unique sound and intriguing words have my heart strings. <33

My most favorite song is Sea King, with their newest Invasion hit at a close 2nd. The first song that caught my ears was Telescope Eyes. Ya know, I just bought Go Away and am now having second thoughts on my favorite but then again, they're all just too good for a favorite, hehe.
throwingflys
Sea Post King

I am new to the forums here. I am not a big forum kind of guy, so i don't know many posts i will make, but i wanted to say that Eisley has given me hope to write and play music again. New record is great. A personal message for stacy and the band can be found on my blog at "http://www.throwingflys.wordpress.com"

Basically i said thanks for making this album and that i believe stacy is the brian wilson of our generation.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hey, everyone! Welcome to the forum ... great to see so many new people coming in. Make yourselves at home and post! Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NoSurprises11
Sea Post King

Hey everyone.

I'm a new guy, my name's Alex.

I figured I'd sign up after discovering Room Noises a few months after release in a slummy island CD shop, becoming a fan for 2 years and counting, and buying Combinations this week on release day (couldn't be happier with it either).

I hang out at ateaseweb's forum (Radiohead forum) and my name there is the same as here.

I'm from upstate SC, right in the heart of the South. I love it here, but there are definitely locals that get on my nerves quite a bit.

One of my most favorite places I have ever been to is New Orleans. And I'm talking about post-Katrina too. I could definitely live there. Ironically enough one of my favorite bands, MuteMath, is from New Orleans and, even more ironically, is touring with one of my other favorite bands, who some of you may know of... Very excited.

Don't ask me why I'm divulging my personal life to you all...

P.S. - I'm going to the Nov. 3 show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA in case between now and then someone might want to meet up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

NoSurprises11 wrote:

I hang out at ateaseweb's forum (Radiohead forum) and my name there is the same as here.

LOL, what a cesspool of hate that place has become, =)

Welcome to the forum Alex.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NoSurprises11
Sea Post King

DRMS_7888 wrote:
NoSurprises11 wrote:

It MIGHT have something to do with this elongated wait we've all had to sit through between Hail To The Thief and the as-yet-unnamed LP7...

Not to mention the fact that there's recent news that it's most likely been pushed to a 2008 release (apologies if I'm the one to bring the bad news to you Radiohead fans out there).

What's your username on atease?

OH, and thank you Smile
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

NoSurprises11 wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
NoSurprises11 wrote:

It MIGHT have something to do with this elongated wait we've all had to sit through between Hail To The Thief and the as-yet-unnamed LP7...

Not to mention the fact that there's recent news that it's most likely been pushed to a 2008 release (apologies if I'm the one to bring the bad news to you Radiohead fans out there).

What's your username on atease?

OH, and thank you Smile

Haha, yeah I brought the sad news over hear yesterday I think.

I'm DRMS_7888 over there as well, but I only ocasionally lurk and drop in a track into the loophole now and then.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I'm Gary.
I met and fell in love with Eisley's music back in 2002 at a show in Pasadena, TX with my friend's band, Salt 7 (now The Pilots).

I live on the south side of Houston, go to school at U of H, and I can't wait to marry my wonderful girlfriend and move to Colorado.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

olimario wrote:
I'm Gary.
I met and fell in love with Eisley's music back in 2002 at a show in Pasadena, TX with my friend's band, Salt 7 (now The Pilots).

I live on the south side of Houston, go to school at U of H, and I can't wait to marry my wonderful girlfriend and move to Colorado.

Welcome! I never have been able to catch the Pilots, but Dave is flippin' nice. haha.

My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Oh snap, I didn't see this.

My name is David, live in South Carolina, originally from Connecticut. I found out about Eisley like last week, a couple days before Combinations came out and they were featured on Myspace.

I'm into electronic music way too much, I have an industrial music project and I'm in college for graphic design.

Definitely want to see the band live.

My favorite song by Eisley is probably...Many Funerals. When I first heard it, it just blew me away and made me a fan.
olimario
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:
olimario wrote:
I'm Gary.

Welcome! I never have been able to catch the Pilots, but Dave is flippin' nice. haha.

Do you live in the Houston area?
And yeah, Dave is a great guy. His entire family is good people. Also, I love Dave's Rufus Wainwright voice and his Bob Dylan music.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

olimario wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
olimario wrote:
I'm Gary.

Do you live in the Houston area?
And yeah, Dave is a great guy. His entire family is good people. Also, I love Dave's Rufus Wainwright voice and his Bob Dylan music.

I've got a pretty good amount of Houston-area friends. I guess from here and from catching shows there. Glad to hear the niceness runs in the family.

NoSurprises11
Sea Post King

My Blackened Crown wrote:
Oh snap, I didn't see this.

My name is David, live in South Carolina, originally from Connecticut. I found out about Eisley like last week, a couple days before Combinations came out and they were featured on Myspace.

I'm into electronic music way too much, I have an industrial music project and I'm in college for graphic design.

Definitely want to see the band live.

My favorite song by Eisley is probably...Many Funerals. When I first heard it, it just blew me away and made me a fan.

Hey David
Where in South Carolina are you?
vintage_person
Sea Post King

Hey all.

I first discovered Eisley about 2 years ago while riding in a friend's car. His mixed CD played Plenty of Paper, and I was intrigued. After asking the name of the band, I went to Best Buy the next day and picked up Room Noises. Judging from PoP, I figured Eisley to be a kind of goth-rock band. When I popped the CD in my truck, I was confused by Memories. This was clearly not what I was expecting AT ALL. In fact, it was much, much better. And I fell in love with their music. I then downloaded, since then to now, much of their pre-RN work, and up until a few months ago, I was under the impression all the vocals were from one singer (Sherri, judging from the photos in RN).

I think Eisley writes beautiful music (much of the kind I wish to write myself), and they have found a fan in me for life.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>