Laughing City
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Cool, thanks. That makes me feel better.

Anyone ever been to that venue before? What is it like?

JD

Meggers
Vintage Newbie

Are you referring to Sminroff? If so, I've been there a few times.

If you get stuck with lawn seats, bring a blanket. Trust me, you'll want it. Also, if you get lawn, get there early because lawn is first come first serve.

The back of all the 200 sections have no covering. I believe that is called starlight.

Overall, it's a nice venue. It seats around 20,000, the lawn makes up more than half of that. Although, last time I went bottle water was $4.25 a bottle and I believe they take the top off of it. Some venue policy or something.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Thanks for the info. I actually just talked to someone at work today who is from the Dallas area and she said Smirnoff is a really nice venue. I guess I'd expect no less from The Fray. I bought my tix yesterday when they went on sale to the general public. I went all out and got the best I could find which ended up setting me back about $140 for me and my girlfriend. So we will be close, but also on the far right of the stage. Those pre-sales sucked up pretty much all of the good tickets. Maybe I should've awoken earlier to get better seats.

So how crazy is this? My girlfriend asked me to see if her best friend wanted to go and then I would buy her a ticket. After pondering the question for 2 hours she said no. Who turns down a free ticket to see Eisley and The Fray? I knew she was nuts, but this is a new level for her.

JD

<< prev | goto page