Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:
i think some of you are forgetting (or werent around for) how the Room Noises release went.

Half the songs we already knew. The other half were leaked to us by the band. so the room noises release was uneventful (for me atleast).

even with "the baby" I still enjoyed Combinations more because I didnt hear any of it.

It is not like you get to hear every song from every band you like before they come out.

i, for one, will wait as long as I need to for them to release a quality cd.

Yup. I'd rather not hear any more new material (be it tour EPs, footage of rehearsal, or what have you) before the album comes out. Let them focus on making a great record rather than catering to the desires of the fans. It will be worth the wait.

I agree. Releasing small bits and pieces will only make me more hungry for the album and if it's not ready to come out yet, then I'd rather wait until I can have the album in it's entirety. I do want to hear more stuff, however, it's different hear a song compared to an entire album; songs in order, the way it's supposed to play out.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

True Story:

October 03' saw Marvelous Things Vids, and within the next 2 months bought the LC and MT eps online. Eventually I went to Eisley.com to learn about the band, and stumbled onto Boyd's writing, and figured out his relation to them. I read Trolleywood every now and then for 2 years (the Tales from LA or Hollywood or whatever it was got me hooked) and then fell away from it, and when Room Noises came out I didn't even know. My then Girlfriend got it at Hastings and told me about it.

Combinations was even worse. At that point I wasn't keeping up with Trolleywood anymore, and still hadn't bothered to frequent the forum. I think I bought Combinations from Circuit City a couple of months after it came out cause I had a $10 off of 50 certificate and picked it cause to round out my order without having heard a single song. I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

So, at this point, it's nothing new for Eisley to perk me up with a song or two, then vanish and lull me into near apathy about their music, but encourage me to continue to care about them as people. And then at some point those people put out more music, and I end up liking it.

Why haven't ya'll all figured that out yet? Confused It's what they do. Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I went to a large-ish Best Buy for the first time in awhile and checked on the Eisley section. They still have a plastic header but only one copy of Room Noises. If that gets sold, so much for their section. In other words: better have something to fill that space soon if they value their real estate. Neutral
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I get what you're all saying, but at the same time, it was hyped up so much a while back, and all of a sudden, we hear nothing about it. It's a bit disappointing. I also understand that the whole separation from WB had something to do with it, but still... Confused At the same time, though, I don't care for anymore teasers, whether it be sound clips, video clips, or comments from anyone related to the band about how amazing it is. All I want is the album.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:
I get what you're all saying, but at the same time, it was hyped up so much a while back, and all of a sudden, we hear nothing about it. It's a bit disappointing. I also understand that the whole separation from WB had something to do with it, but still... Confused At the same time, though, I don't care for anymore teasers, whether it be sound clips, video clips, or comments from anyone related to the band about how amazing it is. All I want is the album.

This is exactly how I feel. I know things have happend (leaving WB and all that jazz), but prior to that things were so hyped up about the new album and then NOTHING. For weeks. And weeks. And more weeks. So yeah, it is a little irritationg for a die hard fan, or at least it is for me anyway, to go on Twitter and see something like, "Listening to _r. M__n off of Eisley's new record, it's so good!" Because my impatient brain reads that as "HAHA I GET TO LISTEN TO THE NEW EISLEY ALBUM AND YOU DONT!!"

Those are the teasers I don't care for.

I do hope the album is released this year, but even if it is, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't until late winter. So yeah, some media would be nice. Pictures, videos, MORE TROLLEYWOOD POSTS.

How many EisWood videos were there, 3? Sad

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

The separation from WB didn't just have something to do with the album not being out yet, it has EVERYTHING to do with it... but it had to be done. So I think we should show a little more patience and let Eisley do what they need to do, because what happens in the next 6 months might decide what happens in the next 6 years with this band... it's not something that should be rushed. Just because we aren't hearing anything on the label/album front doesn't mean nothing is happening. I'm sure they are all working A TON (mostly Boyd, probably) to ensure that Eisley finds the best situation possible. No label, no album (unless they just release it online, but I think they want to wait until they can do a physical release).

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, y'all.

Just my 2 cents...
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Yea they do!! I hungee 'n them Eizleh folk need ta feed meh up now!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I hate to bring up this point, but with female-fronted bands and women in the music industry, it becomes increasingly more difficult to "break out" with age. That's, unfortunately, the way our society works. We are much more willing to accept a band of 40-year-old males than 30-year-old females. So yes, I think they need to push it to the limit to get themselves out there as soon as possible.
Vintage Newbie

Everybody to the Limit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WTbGupxbk

Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:

Yay Strong Bad! Strong Sad was my favorite.
OMG Homestarrrunner is 10 years old already?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWi4u-Y3-sE
Guess I have a lot of catching up to do.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing Never ever seen either of those...

vivalaspopie wrote:
I hate to bring up this point, but with female-fronted bands and women in the music industry, it becomes increasingly more difficult to "break out" with age. That's, unfortunately, the way our society works. We are much more willing to accept a band of 40-year-old males than 30-year-old females. So yes, I think they need to push it to the limit to get themselves out there as soon as possible.

And as far as Age and Women. That may apply to pop, but it isn't so much the case with Alternative, Mainstream Rock, and Indie Rock.

It's a LITTLE different for singer-songwriters, but that's not Eisley's thing.

And it's not the Age so much as how old the band members look. I think Eisley is safe for a few decades because they aren't aging so much as growing into their looks at this point. If there's anything to learn from American Idol, it's that being young only gets you so far, and Talent and Appeal win out in the end. Young and Cute is not enough, and hard to transition from. Eisley has always meant business when it came to their craft as artists, so they skipped that garbage, thank Goodness!

and since Stacy is "unofficially" the Front Person of the band (She's stage center and up front after all) the focus and pressure falls on her. Since she's 21 I think they'll be fine for a good while with the age thing. On the other hand, they can't afford to release too many records that don't support the cost of their craft. Songs that could be helping foot the bill for their pursuit of music are being lumped in the "previously released" pile, which does make it harder to get them popular outside of previous fans, which robs the band of their audience, because a good song should always be fresh to a new listener, and they should be getting a fair shot to hear it somewhere other than a live show. That's just my opinion.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I can't think of any popular alternative or indie band women who didn't break out when they were young and/or good-looking. Can you think of any good examples? Jenny Lewis & Zooey Deschanel aren't particularly young, but both "made it" when they were younger. Both also clearly put a lot of effort into their appearance.
Vintage Newbie

Young and Good Looking aren't the same thing. If Demi Moore(47) or Gabrielle Union(37) cut a record people would check it out because their age number does not reflect on their vitality (or talent if they had any). I mean, Michelle Pfeiffer is 52 and is staring in Cheri, doesn't look much older than she did when she played a Jazz singer in The Fabulous Baker Boys, and if she dropped a good John Brion produced record I doubt it would flop cause she's over 30, 40, and 50. Ugh... I am not into blondes, but man alive that woman is Bewitching* Embarassed

There are good looking women who are in their 30's or approaching them when they broke out, or at least Broke Through and ascended to to their Highest success (don't tank my argument cause it's Lillith Heavy, that's just how it is) Most of these Artists were in their Early 30s when they went from being artists Eisley-like notoriety but mediocre sales :

Bonnie Raitt (at 40)
Sheryl Crow (31)
Shawn Colvin (40)
Kim Deal (aka the Breeders 30-31
Courtney Love (30) - with an Assist from Billy Corgan and Kurt Cobain...
Melissa Auf Der Maur (32) - and still working on breaking out further at 38
Bjork (30) - that's who old she was when Post came out and made her huge
Shelby Lynne (40)

That's all I can do for now. But for my teens and early 20s we didn't even care about someone's age unless they were 27 Sad
* I typed that word before viewing the clip Laughing

Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:09 am; edited 3 times in total
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

I would love the new album to come out this year, but if it doesn't, at least give us some damn updates. What have we had, three blogs posts on Trolleywood this entire year?

I used to really love this band for their accessibility. Now all I ever hear is "there's lots going on behind the curtains! Stay tuned!"

Stay tuned until when? Three more months when you give us another blog post saying there's lots going on that you can't talk about? Sheesh.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Now..now! Doubtless things are unfolding as they should! Smile