Laughing City
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i just realized this...i never really thought about it beforehand. Now we all know that Eisley is hardcore pushed on the internet, launch.com, etc etc. but they aren't pushed anywhere else, not on radio, not on TV. Why? This is what crappy little bands do when they are too small to get sold anywhere. It dawned on me when i checked their Myspace account, and then New Gound Glory's...Eisley has like twice as many friends...
Eisley is a new breed of band, with a new breed of marketing campaign, the wave of the future. They're using the net almost exclusively to sell records. That's crazy...remember when they called this internet thing a fad?

What other bands have made any semblance of success using similar tactics? I remember someone mentioning Brand New, can't remember, if anyone knows enlighten me...

i'm glad that my two favorite things work together so well, Eisley, and the proliferation of internet in the media and pop culture

atran12
Sea Post King

Amen to that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

You know thet're not just on the net...i think i saw them in Be Cool...maybe not.

GODBLESS

-NiQ

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I could be wrong, but I think Linkin Park was a "web-made-band" too. And they got HUGE. But a lot of their "fans" ran off when nu-metal stopped being "cool".

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

I really noticed that as well.
Like on the NFG website, most things (with the exception of the recent apology about Webster Hall) No one comments on.
And I was thinking..on Eilsey.com there would be like 105 comments.
Eilsey has a larrrrge internet savvy fanbase.

rmarth1983
Sea Post King

cryptictonight wrote:
I really noticed that as well.
Like on the NFG website, most things (with the exception of the recent apology about Webster Hall) No one comments on.
And I was thinking..on Eilsey.com there would be like 105 comments.
Eilsey has a larrrrge internet savvy fanbase.

Well, the New Found website just plain sucks. Anyone who actually posts there is like 12 years old. I post on a site called nothinggoldcanstay.com
Joined: 28 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7 | Location: College Park, MD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Last edited by loveisachemical on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

It's hard for me to think of a band with a over 5000 members on their message boards w/o a lot of tv exposure.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think Linkin Park was a "web-made-band" too. And they got HUGE. But a lot of their "fans" ran off when nu-metal stopped being "cool".

i still listen to them

-ben

PS™ what are you guys gonna do about it?!

Golly, Poster

yep yep...if it wasn't for Yahoo! LAunch...i would have never known them..i watch no TV...and it's not like they'd be on German TV too...
Vintage Newbie

Last edited by loveisachemical on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I believe they said in the interview video that in the interview that Ryan and Andrew had with them a while ago, that they probably wouldn't be where they're at now if it wasn't for technology. It seems like the whole marketing scheme is more about creating a buzz than flooding people with ads and the like.
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

The_Sympt0m wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

i still listen to them

-ben

PS™ what are you guys gonna do about it?!

i went to their concert because they are my brothers favourite band and was pleasantly suprized at how well their stage precense is. i could do with out the 50 year old somking weed next to us but hey what can you do?
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

loveisachemical wrote:
Even though recently, Straylight Run has gotten alot more exposure, I think they did a nice job of building themselves up on the web as well.

Aggreed though I am suprized at the buzz MTV has created for them.
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

Silvestre wrote:
yep yep...if it wasn't for Yahoo! LAunch...i would have never known them..i watch no TV...and it's not like they'd be on German TV too...

GOD BLESS LAUNCH!!!
I find some amazing bands/artists that I would have never know if not for them poping up on my radio station randomly.