Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
gerry
Sea Post King

Well I am possibly the oldest member of this forum (old enough to be the father of any members of the band!!),
but I have to say it is very heartening to hear such great music coming out of ones so young.
Long may it continue, and accordingly I will watch the musics progress with father like admiration and concern for its well being.

If anyone is interested my fav band of all time are the Throwing Muses and amongst others I particularly enjoy are,
Sleater Kinney, Low, Rilo Kiley, The Innocence Misssion, Yo La Tengo, and Erin McKeown.

Gerry
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

hello Mr Uk man.
hhaha..welcome here.
stick around, as i'm sure you will.
its the nicest place on the internet.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

to_the_end wrote:
*waves*
heyloo Smile

im called natalie. im 16. im from manchester, england, united kingdom....
i found Eisley on myspace, and fell in loooove with "lost at sea"... unfortunately, i cant get the album in the UK *cries*, and my mum wont buy it off the internet for me unless its for my birthday, which is in may [yeah, parents can be awkward hehe]

so until then. im addicted to www.purevolume.com/eisley

xoxo

if you get it new on Amazon you can pay by check/postal order as it's going to Amazon. That's how i got marvelous things and Laughing City EPs (and Room Noises)

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
i'm offski. to bed.

at 12:38am?
LAME!

its 3:43am now, and i ain't even tired! aha!

I had a busy day on saturday. and i actually ended up getting to bed at 3.00 cus i read Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
i'm offski. to bed.

at 12:38am?
LAME!

its 3:43am now, and i ain't even tired! aha!

I had a busy day on saturday. and i actually ended up getting to bed at 3.00 cus i read Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom

heh...i was kidding dude...hahha...yeah! rock on.
zara
Golly, Poster

Woah. I Just Realised I never Introduced Myself. o.O

Well. I'm Zara. Im From Thee Uk.
I Love Music. And Making Stuff & Art. Oh And Comedy & Laughing & Being Happy.
Yeah. Thats About It. Laughing

SoftNSoapScented
Sea Post King

Hey there!

My name is Andrew, I live in Atlanta, Georgia but am originally from Madison, Wisconsin. Ummm I am a college student at Life University to become a doctor of Chiropractic... I just turned 19 year about a month ago. I am obsessed with Eisley and saw them on tour with Reggie and the Full Effect, and NFG at the Masquerade. Have Room Noises and both EP's. Ummm I am a huge into music, always checking out the smaller venues of what Atlanta has to offer. Should be hanging around these forums quite a bit because I love Eisley an absolute ton! Hope to meet some of you in the very near future. I have a xanga, www.xanga.com/music_manifesto where there is a link to my space, as you can see I have my Eisley shirt on and all! Anyway I guess thats it!

Andrew

Protocol Droid

Howdy, everyone. Welcome to the forum. It's a nice place, so make yourselves at home. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
otaku
Sea Post King

Hi.
I'm Jason.
Music is something that's always around.
I've got my fingers in a lot of pies.

Otaku Disc

Label home to:

Richard Swift
and
Instruments of Science and Technology
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

a lot of pies?

wow.

you'll fit right in then. Laughing
bboidodo
Sea Post King

hi, im dao (17) i think im alittle to late to be posting now...but whatever. i live in USA california. i heard about this band from a girl i use to like...
she sent me Trolleywood song and i LOVE the singer's voice so i went to go check out more of their songs and ALL of the other songs are awesome too! i love'em :]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noodleman
Sea Post King

I guess I have to do this, don't I... Smile

Well I was a presenter of a short-term local radio station last year (www.aliveradio.net) and so was my big sis, she found out about Eisley, and we both played them on our shows. I haven't heard anything from the new record yet though... Sad

Oh and I liked the write-up in Relevant, that was good. Very Happy

nate

PS I have to admit, I'm a testament to the fact that illegal downloads actually promote bands... (sorry)

www.purevolume.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/natesmith
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oversimplified(myband)
Sea Post King

welcome all I have not welcomed yet.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

noodleman wrote:
PS I have to admit, I'm a testament to the fact that illegal downloads actually promote bands... (sorry)

www.orangegoldandgreen.com

all free, all legal.
thats it.
TheNameIsTmon,CallMeReese
Sea Post King

hmmm, hello all, my name is Todd and I am from Lower Antioch (LA) Tennessee. I enjoy sarcasm, Eisley obviously, and other numerous things of numerosity. I tend to read message boards more than I post on them, so, uh, yeah...

P.S. Eisley makes my ears happy, and it makes me giggle! Oh the harmonies!!!

spacecadet
Sea Post King

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Jordan Alexandra (last name omitted, of course). I am currently fifteen years of age and counting down the day or two less than six months remaining until I reach my sixteenth birthday so I can finally acquire my license. I'm also currently a sophmore in high school and am moving to Frisco, TX this next week, in case any of you recognize the name. It's in north Dallas. My primary interests lie in music, film, and politics and I hope to make a profession of either of them. A musician and/or band manager, a director or DP, or a senator or possibly delegate in the United Nations would be something I should hope to look forward to. I'm always up for meeting new people and would like to consider myself to be a friendly face. I have a myspace, xanga, livejournal, and greatestjournal, so if you have either of those you should friend me.

As sad as this is to say, I have only seen Eisley live once, besides the fact that they roll through my area quite often, there's always some hinderance - whether it be a debate tournament, previous plans, or no way to get there - getting in the way. The last time I saw Eisley was about three years ago (about June 2002, if my math is done correctly) when they played at a church I used to attend in Lewisville. Afterwards, I talked to the band for quite a while and ended up missing the ride to the after-event they always did there to the movies. However, I am proud to say that I still have my small MossEisley cd, the printed picture which they signed, and amazingly the issue of Origins in which they were on the cover. I'd like to call that my MossEisley stash.

Now, going in to see them, I hadn't been expecting what I heard. I was expecting, y'know, another Christian band since that's what titled was given onto them. In my experience, most have sounded the same and were also pretty darn sucky. However, their sound was different and I took a great liking to it. I'm amazed the three-song compliation I had did not just simply wear out. I just thought it was plain, well, cool that they were all so young and out playing music -- especially Stacy, since she's only about two years older than I am. Now, growing up having watched anime your whole life, 14 is a pretty magical age since, hello Sailor Moon! So, that was my little lame tid-bit. When I heard they got signed to Warner and were going to tour with Coldplay I grew pretty ecstatic and, of course, proud for the Tyler group. They were the 'Buzz Band' for Buzz-Oven, and organization I had been in shortly while in middle school, and I was so glad to recognize people whom I had seen around one to two years before that I vowed to get my way to one of their shows and maybe try to pop my way over to say hi -- of course, I bet they would have, and still would, be swamped with the other Dallasites looking for their Cantina love (that was a joke off the original Star Wars name). Anyway, that never happened for god-knows-why. I still have a copy of the poster and some fliers for that. I had about a million, but with a large cleaning of my room I had to throw them all away sans a copy for myself.

Now, it's weird because I see Eisley almost everywhere. It's strange how many people actually know who Eisley are, how many people have grown to love the little group from what may be labeled 'middle-of-nowhere' Texas. They've gotten far. I mean, read the tour journal (which I got the luck to glance over!), they went out to record over at MTV, Serius Radio, and FUSE. If that isn't getting far out, then I don't know what is. I hope that they're still working on new music - it's what we love them for, right? Well, until we get to know them, too! - and keeping themselves at their roots. I don't see the group straying from their current course at all, nor do I see them changing up their sound to fit any sort of necessity.

Now, I must be off to read my fantasy novels (I've been having a huge craving for things unrealistic, perhaps in anticipation for the sixth Harry Potter book to finally come out!) such as Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, the Chronicles of Narnia, and anything else I can get my hands on. Feel free to IM me anytime as I am very friendly and I hope that maybe I'll get to know some of you other fans well!

ps. If I could have any job on here, I wish I could be Boyd so I could have fun with all of the equipment he carries around. ALSO! I am planning on setting up an Eisley fansite. It will hopefully be more in-depth than most. Look at things like on emma-watson.org and the sites hosted on there. I'm trying to find out what to do to set things up, since I'm not exactly skilled in the setting-up-a-website process. However, I am a good maintainer once I get things all settled out. So, I suppose you can be looking for that, but not for quite some time since I'll have to be dealing with a whole move first!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>