Laughing City
Kit
Sea Post King

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but it is reviewed in the new issue of Blender with Mariah Carey on the cover. They gave it 3 out of 5 stars. They didn't have anything bad to say about it so I don't know why they couldn't give it more than 3. Oh well....
ComePartMental
Sea Post King

Well, they do have Mariah Carey on the cover. We couldn't have expected too much.

livejournal\\

//deviantart
Joined: 11 Sep 2004 | Posts: 99 | Location: Bridgewater, Ma
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Strange. I thought I heard it was going to get a better review from them. At least 3 is solid on their scale.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

hmmm 3 isn't bad. i'm interested in RS's review and to see if they go with the whole "unicorn barbie" aproach again Wink
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

I would have thought that several reviews would be out by now, but I haven't seen them...

3 doesn't seem too bad for Blender...

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

3? are you serious? that's an insult! AN INSULT!

not really, 3 isn't bad, the reason i give this album a 5 is...well...duh...i love Eisley, and this album is just Eisley from front to back...

The Spark
Sea Post King

Ya, I was hoping they'd get more. It doesn't really matter I guess, but for them a three is pretty good anyway. Honestly, I don't think it matters that much rether critics "like" the cd or not, I think the people will (at least in my experience most people love it). I looked in blender and didn't see it though, I musta blown by it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pat kauchick
Sea Post King

This obviously part of the stragegy not to overhype the band.Witness the omission of Eisley on Spin's list of 68 bands"next big thing" list. Of course we all know better so let history prove the mags wrong.The kids are going to do thier thing regardless which is write and record great timeless music.
brady swan
Sea Post King

Last edited by brady swan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Sara89
Golly, Poster

Really, I'm not bothered by this at all. Blender has doled out 3 stars to loads of incredible albums; I was looking through their review section and I could see highly revered albums such as "Kid A" and "You Are Free" with the same. It's just one reviewer's opinion (which isn't bad at all).

Could anyone type up the article for curiosity's sake?

Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

brady swan wrote:
i probably wouldn't give this album 5 stars. its just their first album. i am sure they have better songs to write in the future and better albums to complete.

Nah...I would give it 5 in a heart beat...and I have. Very Happy
and just keep going up with each new amazing stupendous album they make afterwards...
6...7...22....ya know...cause they are that hip. Cool

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
Kit
Sea Post King

Like I said, they didn't say anything bad about it, but they did throw the "Christian" tag around a few times. It's annoying. And lyrically, they make the band out to be this whimsical fairy tale-ish pop/rock act. I doubt I'd give the record a 5, but I never give records a 5. Even my favorite album of all time wouldn't get a 5. I've never heard a perfect record. But that's the beauty of being human. Whoa that was deep. Rolling Eyes
Kit
Sea Post King

THE BLENDER REVIEW. AND YES, I'M USING ALL CAPS SO I CAN TYPE FASTER:

EISLEY
ROOM NOISES
REPRISE
"COLDPLAY'S FAVORITE SCI-LOVING CHRISTIAN ROCK TEENS"

THEY BORROWED THEIR NAME FROM A SEEDY, INTERGALACTIC STAR WARS SPACE PORT, BUT THIS FULL LENGTH DEBUT IS NO HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY. AS WELL ADJUSTED AS HOME-SCHOOOLED CHRISTIAN GIRL-BOY SIBLINGS COULD BE, EISLEY DEAL IN SUNNY MELODIES, WIDE-OPEN SKIES AND ONLY SLIGHTLY ADULTERATED OPTIMISM. LIKE A PRE-CYNICAL RILO KILEY OR A RIGHTSIZED POLYPHONIC SPREE, THEY SUMMON A GRAND SONIC SWEEP WITH MODEST GARAGE-BAND MEANS (IT MAKES SENSE THAT COLDPLAY HANDPICKED THEM AS TOURMATES IN 2003) AND THEY'RE UNAFRAID TO SING HOKEY LINES ("WAKE UP! THE SUN IS BEAUTIFUL!"). THEY'RE YOUNG - CHIEF SONGWRITER STACY DUPREE IS ONLY 16 - BUT THERE'S A SUBTLETY HERE TO SHAME MANY ELDERS.

ANDREW HARRISON

DOWNLOAD: "ONE DAY I SLOWLY FLOATED AWAY," "TELESCOPE EYES," TROLLYWOOD"
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

That's great! Blender sometimes (well a lot of the time) comes off like it's written by a bunch of jerks.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
im_so_scene
Sea Post King

i don't like that review.

1010010110LOVE101001001
0101100101HATE0101001010