Laughing City
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

Where is Eisley? What happened to the old Eisley?

As some of you know, I first arrived on these forums almost one month ago last year (so that makes my one year, one month anniversary.) When I first arrived, I remember being around the chatroom for almost 2 months before I decided to join the forums. I couldn't get enough of Marvelous Things at the time. I remember seeing the video and falling in love with how innocent the band was. There was nothing glamourous about Eisley back then, just warmth, happiness, a waterhose and lemonade. Now it's rockstarish glam in the videos and it's all different.

What happened?

Let the creaming commence....NOW! GO GO GO! I'm all ready for it.
Joined: 25 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1546 | Location: Look under your bed...
pzy
Wookie Luke

Euphoria wrote:
Where is Eisley? What happened to the old Eisley?

As some of you know, I first arrived on these forums almost one month ago last year (so that makes my one year, one month anniversary.) When I first arrived, I remember being around the chatroom for almost 2 months before I decided to join the forums. I couldn't get enough of Marvelous Things at the time. I remember seeing the video and falling in love with how innocent the band was. There was nothing glamourous about Eisley back then, just warmth, happiness, a waterhose and lemonade. Now it's rockstarish glam in the videos and it's all different.

What happened?

Let the creaming commence....NOW! GO GO GO! I'm all ready for it.

I talked to you on AIM about this, and I still fail to see where you get "rockstar glam" from. They picked out their own outfits for the video, and if you think jon's goofy smile in the video that made me laugh out loud is rockstar glam, I'd hate to hear what you have to say about bands that have ACTUALLY sold out and ride on their image alone.

You haven't even heard Room Noises yet, so I have to come to the conclusion that you think this just by image alone. I thought you enjoyed music? I suggest you pick up Room Noises on Tuesday and post about whether you feel the same way after listening a few times.

Yesterday was my 10th Eisley show, and I'm still continually amazed at what they do live - their stage presence is humble and friendly, the fact they stick around after the show surrounded by fans until security kicks them out speaks volumes. They're just regular people.

I wish you wouldn't base all of this on one music video. Go get the album.

Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

It's not quite on the top of my spending list right now. So, I'm not exactly getting it right now. Also, I've never seen Eisley live, because they've never played anywhere near close enough for me to see them live. I do like music, but I also happen to be very picky about it too.

When my station gets Room Noises, that's when I'll listen to it. I'm not going to give it a bad review, but I'm not sure I'll give it a good one either. The band is radio material so I'll put it on new music rotation.

I thought people were allowed to have taste in music. Does every Eisley forum member NEED to LOVE and become OBSESSED with Eisley? I know that there are those who are, but I for one don't feel the need to. Am I allowed to NOT be?
pzy
Wookie Luke

You can feel however you want, but I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expect when you post something like this to the very active, very dedicated EISLEY FORUM. Especially when I feel very strongly that your only argument of them somehow now being "rockstar glam" is pretty bunk.
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

I'm not really expecting anything, you told me to post it on the forums, and let the band know how I feel. (Although I doubt any of them are reading this.)
merry andrew
Sea Post King

Euphoria wrote:
I thought people were allowed to have taste in music. Does every Eisley forum member NEED to LOVE and become OBSESSED with Eisley? I know that there are those who are, but I for one don't feel the need to. Am I allowed to NOT be?

You're allowed.

I don't understand where the rockstarish glam is in their new video. Is it because they're inside this time, instead of outside? Non-rockstars have houses, you know. Is it the Oscar-worthy acting? Didn't like the special-effects used to portray the closet-dweller?

Please be specific. Thanks Smile
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Seer
Sea Post King

I don't see any ''rockstarish glam'' either. To me, they have always remained true to themselves.
Last edited by Seer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

Well, Rana. You're obviously allowed to think what you think. I can't really relate to what you're saying cuz I'm extremely NOT picky about music, but I do truly love what I've heard and seen from Eisley lately.
But like I said, you're allowed to think freely and post freely. And for the record, I think everything you said in your post was perfectly polite and mature.
At least you didn't say, "eisley sux now!!!!!!!!oneeleven11!"

jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

congrats luke on getting to be a mod...

*stares and wishes he could be mod*

Laughing
jk

jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

o and i forgot to say something about the topic...well, their are several reasons eisley could be different(but i dont think they are too different, definetely not rockstar glamish)

1.They're older. I mean their not too much older, but they have been through a lot in those few years. And i think i would've changed some after that stuff.

2. We treat them like rock stars. By we i mean the fans.

3.They have snazzy clothes. But not rockstar type. When jon comes on stage wearing a low cut spandex clothing item, and when sherri has big brezy baggy clothing with a piece of cloth tied arounf her head, then they dress like rockstars

overall, if they're different they're different. You cant change it. Neither can i...

also if our getting this from their neww video, then you should go watch a franz ferdinand video, or any other video where its all about effect, and not about the song, or band

GODBLESS

-NiQ

Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

jack_stripes wrote:

overall, if they're different they're different. You cant change it. Neither can i...

also if our getting this from their neww video, then you should go watch a franz ferdinand video, or any other video where its all about effect, and not about the song, or band

GODBLESS

-NiQ

So you do agree that they've changed? I mean every band is bound to, it's inevitable for a band to progress into the music business NOT to change.

Second of all, Franz Ferdinand has always has snazzy videos which are full of FX, or atleast since I started listening to them when their first release came out. I think Franz Ferdinand still do it for the music.
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I don't think Eisley act like they are rockstar glam. I think all of us fans treat them like rockstars. As soon as they're treated like rockstars, it seems like they are. But it doesn't mean they act like it. They still take the time to sign 7982379 copies of Room Noises for the fans. They take the time to hear what we have to say. They still meet kids after shows. If they weren't in it for the music, the new record wouldn't have taken as long as it did to record, and it wouldn't be as awesome as it is.

They're signed to a major label... they're bound to make some sacrifices, and it's not always their choice. But if they want to keep the deal and they want they're music heard, they've got to do what they're got to do. If you ask me, they've has way more freedom and involvement than most people.

Rockstar glam is Ashlee Simpson lipsinking, Britney Spears dressing skanky, Good Charlotte forgetting where they came from... Eisley is Eisley. If you ask me, they've done an awesome job staying true to themselves and keeping involved in their success.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

*lipsynching
M-E-K
Sea Post King

Innocence doesn't last forever... they are all changing. Trying to live the most difficult part of their lives yet, while fighting and hoping that 7 years of work will pay off, with life-changing consequences... if what Eisley is going through right now wasn't hard, hard, HARD, there'd be a forum full of fans dedicated to MEK.

Eisley can and will change. Even if their sound and attitude took a total rockstar dump tomorrow, we still have the (timeless) music they've created to date. Thanks Eisley Cool
gRegor
the gEek

Oh be quiet, Rana.

*stabs Rana with his elbow*

Laughing

I think they have "changed" a bit, yeah, but like carrie mentioned I think part of that is being on a major label. They're lucky they get as much freedom as they do currently, being a freshman band on the label. But yeah, if the band had their way, Telescope Eyes would probably be in the archives and not on the new album. I don't really think they're rockstar glam, though. I don't have any problem with what you said or the way you said it, either. I think it's fine and even good to not always have the uber dedicated Eisley fans posting on here. It's not like you were spiteful or anything, so it's all good. *shrug*

goto page
 | next >>