Laughing City
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

Euphoria wrote:
*lipsynching

No, I'm pretty sure her lips were actually sinking... Confused

I don't think Eisley has completely changed, but there's no doubt that WB has been putting a bit of a sheen over things. Like I keep saying, I hope that this phase is for the best, in that it gives the band enough success that they have more freedom to grow in the future. It's just sad that this is even a necessary step these days; well, I guess it's just a quicker way, perhaps. I don't know...
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Euphoria wrote:
*lipsynching
You're just jealous 'cause there's no denying what I said. Laughing

<3 though.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

maybe i should just let this thread die but everyone is entitled to an opinion right? Smile

um euphoria what exactly is so rockstar about the video?

from what i precieve ,even if videos are meant to glamorize or dramatize the music of a band, the roots still show. To me it doesn't seem as though they have changed more that they have grown and know more.

are you sure your not just reacting to the new tempo on telescope eyes? most of the old fans find it hard to adjust to the changes of this beloved song.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

I didn't say that they were ALL rockstar, I said it was a bit "rockstarISH." I never said that they shouldn't change! It's inevitable! I just said I missed the old Eisley. Is that so bad? I think not. Am I allowed to like it? I should be.

I'm not being bitter, infact as soon as my station gets the CD, I'm putting it on the new music rotation bin to be played on the air right away. I don't HATE the band, I am not being BITTER. I was just stating my current feelings about the band.

I'm SORRY for FEELING. Maybe I should just go put my heart in the freezer and let it numb there for a while.
Joined: 25 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1546 | Location: Look under your bed...
Kspice
Golly, Poster

I say be happy for the success of others, then look at your own life. The only thing that matters is what kind of person you are when no one is looking.
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

hisownshot wrote:
Euphoria wrote:
*lipsynching
You're just jealous 'cause there's no denying what I said. Laughing

<3 though.

It was just an easier way to reply to your post, instead of having to repeat myself for every reply Razz

<3
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

sorry if you think i was attacking you. i just wanted you to have a chance to explain yourself a little bit that's all. sorry.

Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

Kspice wrote:
I say be happy for the success of others, then look at your own life. The only thing that matters is what kind of person you are when no one is looking.

I don't think I see "hating success" anywhere in my post, and that's defenitely not what I'm thinking.
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

Whoa, rockstars being rockstarish. Let's be alarmed!
Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

RhymeloveandMelody wrote:
sorry if you think i was attacking you. i just wanted you to have a chance to explain yourself a little bit that's all. sorry.

No problem, this was bound to happen, I knew creaming was on the way when I made the thread.

p.s. About your sig, Elefant is a fantastic band.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

jeez, Rana has an opinion? i didn't know that Laughing Rolling Eyes

your cool Rana, i get what yer sayin, i feel it a touch here and there that they're less rootsy and such than they once were, but dems the breaks, they're still really down to earth folks, and you should come to the DC shows...steal a car if you have to...

and i do agree that some people seem to just get themselves stuck up Eisley's butt, i mean, i love em and all...but sheesh i'm not gonna suck up to them, that's just weird...

to sum it up...i'm in your corner Rana...for once...that's weird...

Euphoria
Laughing Citizen

granpaturtle wrote:
jeez, Rana has an opinion? i didn't know that Laughing Rolling Eyes

your cool Rana, i get what yer sayin, i feel it a touch here and there that they're less rootsy and such than they once were, but dems the breaks, they're still really down to earth folks, and you should come to the DC shows...steal a car if you have to...

and i do agree that some people seem to just get themselves stuck up Eisley's butt, i mean, i love em and all...but sheesh i'm not gonna suck up to them, that's just weird...

to sum it up...i'm in your corner Rana...for once...that's weird...

Me? Opinnion?!? NEVAR!

I'm glad someone understands what I'm talking about!

You can always drive that 4 hours and give me a ride Razz
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

i hope i don't get yelled at for this but i mean this in the most sincerest ,non-threatening way possible, what exactly has changed ?

Ok, when most of us first heard them they were youngins working on Ep's getting ready to release their debut album, we followed their struggles from very vurnerable journal entries written by Boyd. Now they are getting ready to release their first ever Lp and deal with everything that comes along with that. There are still struggles, there is more promotion, we're hearing more about them in magazines and other sources of media. I know you wish them success and you obviously like their music but i can't tell if you are disappointed or just commenting on the fact that they have grown. Confused

yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

I don't know guys, they do seem kinda different
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pinkcamel
Sea Post King

What do you expect of them? I think they're as humble as they can be, and as for the rockstarishglam you're definetely wrong. Eisley doesn't have an image, because they don't expect to have one. They're just themselves... and from a group of very dedicated fans, i would think that you might have to say " Hmm, well... i guess ill trust these guys, since they SOUND like they know something about eisley"

anyway, what do you expect from people who surf the eisley forums incessantly? that were just some... "regular" fans?

Smile

And yeah, i mean i like other bands too ( aplenty ) and its not like i spend all my time here anyway.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>