Laughing City
berlies_
Lost at Forum

It seems to be that peoples favorite songs are songs like Brightly Wound, Plenty of Paper and One Day I slowly Floated Away...

Is it because these are all new songs to us???

I think I might say that kind of holds true with me. I love these new songs, and because they are songs I'm not familiar with, the rest of the songs have kinda been put on the backburner, for me....though I love the new recordings of all of them. It was done really well, but I cant help but admit that the newer songs are my 'repeat' songs...

Just an observation...has anyone else noticed this?

national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

Right now mine are One Day I Slowly Floated Away and Just Like We do.
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

Yes, I believe that to be true for myself...

I think my favorites are the newer songs... "Plenty of Paper", "One Day I Slowly Floated Away", and "Trolley Wood" are on repeat frequently...

Buckethead
Sea Post King

AAARRRGGggghhh i don't have the album yet, damn you amazon, so i cant comment yet
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I was listening to "Just Like We Do" (the live version) for quite some time before the album came out, and it's still my favorite...

However, my other favorite, "One Day I Slowly Floated Away," is a lot newer to me. So you might be on to something.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
holland, 2005
Sea Post King

Uh, I guess that is sort of.... true... for most people at least.

Memories is still probably my all time favorite (if not Mr. Pine or Sea King), but I really REALLY love Trolleywood and Plenty of Paper...
giant_
Laughing Citizen

indeed berlies. when i get in my car i usually skip straight to track 10, its not like I dont enjoy the newly recorded songs, but its just that these new ones are new to my ears.
DeathRockBoy
Sea Post King

on Trolley Wood, is it just me, or do i hear 3 distinct voices? the second verse, to me, doesn't sound like either Stacy or Sherri. perhaps Chauntelle? Wink it's my favorite song on the whole album. that and Just Like We Do. but wow, this album is freakin' incredible. i haven't stopped listening to it. those two songs give me chills. like woah.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i can agree with that. at the moment, i have given up on having one favorite because there are so many good ones that i hadn't heard before. i think later, i will decide on one, when i've heard the album enough.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i know no matter what, my favourite eisley song will stay marvelous things no matter what i try to say. that song just calms me down.
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

i agree with everyone, the revamped older songs sound great, but i like the find myself entranced with the new ones
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Mine is Trolly Wood. I like the hand claps. (Is it just me or are some of the claps off beat. Still good though.)

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
babysweetwolf
Sea Post King

just like we do is beautiful.
totally my favorite song.

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I agree Berlies-
the new songs seem to be our favorites.
It will be interesting to see what songs are the new peoples favorites.

berlies_
Lost at Forum

I'm actually kinda happy that this CD is out. Because that means, whatever is released next will be ALL brand new!!! WOoooo.

Though, i dont know what I'm getting excited about...that wont be for like...a long time. Pooo.