Laughing City
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

It seems that here at the forums (based on the poll and just general observations) gender-wise, Eisley fans lead slightly towards the male side.
But as far as personal experience goes, most guys show no interest.

I have a few (3) friends into Eisley. One of them basically was the one who introduced me.
Anyway they are all s.
But I thought maybe that was just because I hadn't really talked to my guy-friends about Eisley or something.

The other day I was at a work call to build the set for the play we are currently working on.
Usually we put on music while building to make it a little more fun. I was working in a group with the above mentioned eisley-fan friends to build flats. We ed the cd player up real quick so we could play Room Noises since they hadn't heard it yet.

Most people didn't say anything either way. But a few of the guys...and especially one was like "What the heck is this?! Can't we play something else?"
I was like...woahhhh why all the negativity towards pretty singing?
Anyway, I guess I didn't expect them to have the same taste in music, I just thought some of them might be more positive.

I also have three brothers. The one I have always related to most, my oldest brother, he's away at college and I wrote to him about Eisley last fall and he became a pretty big fan. We both bought the EP's this past Christmas for each other.
But my other brothers show NO interest, which surprised me because we at least agree on music half the time. And I thought Eilsey was pretty universal.

So anyway the question is.

What makes an Eisley fan?

I am especially interested in answers from MALES but you can answer as a FEMALE also. Just in general what kind of qualities makes Eisley just click for some people...and not for others? And what is it about the music that gets you most?
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I'm guessing it's machismo. I mean... I would imagine that when a guy is with other guys... he wants to be guyish. And a guyish dude doesn't listen to girls singing "when I was a young girl..." or "I followed a rabbit through rows of mermaid entwined shrubbery."

But to experience Eisley without that sort of macho pressure is different. Or if you're with other guys who also like it. Or if you're secure in your masculinity. Or something. I'm rambling... I'm soooo tired.

Anyway, I don't generally care for female singers. But with Eisley, it's different (obviously). I love the harmonies... and the songs are just so well-crafted and catchy. And the music is just unique. Contrasting things exist harmoniously. Some of the songs seem dark and light... happy and sad... real and fantastic all at the same time. It's a very interesting thing to experience... and I likes it a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
spacepiggyalpha
Golly, Poster

yeah, um...idk why i was attracted to eisley's sound....but i feel better no matter whats goin down when i hear 'em. Extending further on the guy 'what is this?!' thing, it confuses me. who wouldn't want to hear pretty voices!? huh?! HUH?!
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I suggestive sell Eisley CDs to my customers, and the guys generally say, "err... not really my type of music" and the girls think about it and take a button.
Gosh.
People just don't realize what they are missing.
I wish I could hand out free samplers or something.
We have Eisley playing over the store- but its not drawing in enough people required for Eisley World Domination.

holland, 2005
Sea Post King

Who cares about masculinity. I love Eisley and I could care less what my macho male friends think. I was listening to eisley at school the other day with all of my ICP and Korn listening guy friends circled around, and I honestly don't care what they think about Eisley, because inside I know what real talent is..... I guess I'm just not like typical guys, because I honestly don't care about how the rest of my gender is getting around or anything and I've never been one to try to be absolutely macho, hence why I've always thought football and hunting were barbaric and pointless... American football, that is.

That doesn't mean I'm feminen (sp) or listen to mainly girl-vocal bands, because most of the bands I listen to are male powered and some of them are even pretty...... hard?... but Eisley is just really special and not in the "Please excuse her for the day it's just the way the medication makes her..." way in the "wow, that's awesome music" way, even my dad the number one Kiss and Black Sabbath fan loves Eisley...

Note the Dresden Dolls quote.
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

rmlawrence wrote:
I'm guessing it's machismo. I mean... I would imagine that when a guy is with other guys... he wants to be guyish. And a guyish dude doesn't listen to girls singing "when I was a young girl..." or "I followed a rabbit through rows of mermaid entwined shrubbery."

But to experience Eisley without that sort of macho pressure is different. Or if you're with other guys who also like it. Or if you're secure in your masculinity. Or something. I'm rambling... I'm soooo tired.

Anyway, I don't generally care for female singers. But with Eisley, it's different (obviously). I love the harmonies... and the songs are just so well-crafted and catchy. And the music is just unique. Contrasting things exist harmoniously. Some of the songs seem dark and light... happy and sad... real and fantastic all at the same time. It's a very interesting thing to experience... and I likes it a lot.

ditto
I'm a guy and people would never expect me to be listening to Eisley
but I'm their biggest fan
(believe me)
and when I introduced them to my friends(female) they said..wow I like this
an they listened to them ever since.
but the guys that i showed it to are like...WHO THE HELL LISTENS TO THIS!?
and i';m like...I do.
and my cousin (male) liked them and he's like 27 or so....it's weird how guys can be so over protective over their masculinity.
I'm not really feminine but c'mon who does not ACTUALLY like Eisley!?
I bet if people listened to them seperateley without anyone else...they would like it all the same
lol
I'm bored
Imma go sleep now

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kspice
Golly, Poster

You know what I noticed, this is not really scientific or anything. But I have these 4 friends have either A. Divorced parents and live with their mother, or B. A dead father, and all these friends, hate Eisley, like seriously, every time I mention Eisley they get offended or something (Note they all love the heavy rock/scream stuff. And then I have these two friends who love Eisley, and their parents are still together. I don't know, maybe people who don't like Eisely are insecure? Or maybe people who DO like Eisley, just have TRUE taste in music?
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

Kspice wrote:
You know what I noticed, this is not really scientific or anything. But I have these 4 friends have either A. Divorced parents and live with their mother, or B. A dead father, and all these friends, hate Eisley, like seriously, every time I mention Eisley they get offended or something (Note they all love the heavy rock/scream stuff. And then I have these two friends who love Eisley, and their parents are still together. I don't know, maybe people who don't like Eisely are insecure? Or maybe people who DO like Eisley, just have TRUE taste in music?

wow I never noticed that but the guys I was talking about either don't have parents at all or their parents are divorced.
wow
how strange.
I wonder if that's it.
Shocked

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mandarin mach
Sea Post King

I love female vocalists. There's just someting about them. I dunno. Their voices are just so beautiful, and generally seem to be full of so much more emotion (side note: I don't like emo). I like male singers also, but I prefer female. ESPECIALLY Sherri Dupree. Wow. Her voice just gets me.
Eisley gets me. Everytime I listen to them, it's like I just forget about everything around me, and enter into this magical fantasy land, and I never wanna leave. No other artist has yet come even close to "the Eisley experience". I don't think they ever will.

giant_
Laughing Citizen

i'm a dude. i like eisley. Cool
babysweetwolf
Sea Post King

also a dude and a strong believer that us eisley fans are just too cool.
The Spark
Sea Post King

I think it has something to do with openness to different music too. I absolutley love their music, but I'm very open minded about different styles and I'll give them a chance. Some guys tend to be much more closed minded. If it isn't Ultra-distorted or it doesn't have trunk ratling bass (which acctually I've been surprised at the level of bass in the new cd, I'm impressed) they won't give it a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mandarin mach
Sea Post King

Trolley Wood bumps fo real. Cool
pinkcamel
Sea Post King

okay.....

thats really cute.

aww

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i've learned this lesson:

if you want to get guys to listen to Eisley, step one, show them pics of the band...i'm dead serious.
that's how i introduce Eisley to a lot of my WMUC co-workers that are male, and they are becoming fans slowly but surely. They find out hot chicks are playing instruments, and they start to wonder what's going on. It piques their curiosity.
Now i don't ALWAYS do this, but when i really think about it, that's how i became interested in the band (i saw the marvy things video with no sound Laughing ) so it's an effective strategy

goto page
 | next >>