23%
 23%  [ 46 ]
One Day I Slowly Floated Away
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 198

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Telescope Eyes was first, what should the 2nd single be? Another upbeat song like "Plenty of Paper"? Something catchy like "Golly Sandra" or "My Lovely"? Something that showcases the harmonies like "Brightly Wound" or "One Day I Slowly Floated Away". How about a slow song like "Lost at Sea" or "Just Like We Do" Perhaps another old song like "Marvelous Things" or "Memories". Let us know!

Remember, we're not looking so much for your favorite, but what you think would make for the next best single. What song will best help attract more fans to Eisley's music?
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Well, there have been plenty of votes, but no one is saying why. Personally, I think it should be "My Lovely". Its a catchy, radio-friendly song that I think will have a lot of appeal. Moreover, its a safe song unlike "Plenty of Paper". I would release "Plenty of Paper" as a 3rd single though. I think Eisley will have carved out a pretty good niche by then and it will be time for a "creative" song to show the world what Eisley really can do. Proably "Brightly Wound" or "One Day I Slowly Floated Away" as a 4th single.

Sidenote: I would think about re-releasing "Marvelous Things" as a single. Its a fan favorite and really a good song to showcase Eisley's style as they become more prevalent nation wide.
Robby
Sea Post King

marvy things already has a video
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I say it should be Brightly Wound or I Wasn't Prepared. It's going to be I Wasn't Prepared, I think. I say Plenty of Paper or Brightly Wound should be No. 3, and I think fan outcry might help that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
Well, there have been plenty of votes, but no one is saying why. Personally, I think it should be "My Lovely". Its a catchy, radio-friendly song that I think will have a lot of appeal.

I'm with you on this one. I voted for My Lovely.

JD

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Robby wrote:
marvy things already has a video

That's why I think it would be a good idea to "re-release" it for Room Noises. When it came out a year ago with the self-titled EP, Eisley's fan base and exposure was much smaller than it is now. Now that the coverage has been that much greater as can be seen by the band being featured on Launch, being on the cover of CMJ, and just receiving the exposure a full length album release gets, they might see more great gains in re-releasing the song they chose to highlight their talents intially. The fact that the video is already made, makes it that much easier to make it happen. Especially since time will be tough to come by when they're on tour for the next 3 months.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

That may be an excellent idea. The "Marvelous Things" video is what got me , and MANY others, hooked. With more exposure it could do the same for many more people. You should start a poll to see how many people got hooked with MT.

JD

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
I say it should be Brightly Wound or I Wasn't Prepared. It's going to be I Wasn't Prepared, I think. I say Plenty of Paper or Brightly Wound should be No. 3, and I think fan outcry might help that.

I thought I heard rumors (probably from you) awhile back about them maing a "cool" video (besides the one Boyd made for WB) for "I Wasn't Prepared". I think this would be a mistake releasing this as a single though. I think its the least impressive song on the album. Its a little slow, kinda boring, and just isn't too catchy. I personally don't think it should even be on the album. What's worse, from reading tons of reviews on Room Noises, most of the critics echo my sentiments.
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

or this could become like ok computer and most of the songs will be singles or at least well known, so it wouldnt matter what the next single is. my vote goes to golly sandra. technically it could make a stand on both the pop and country charts, solely because of the steel guitar. it shows the bands variety.
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I love I Wasn't Prepared.
Everyone else can suck my balls.
Or whatever it is that girls have. O-o

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:

Girls have ovaries. You might want to read up on them.

JD

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

lloydobler wrote:
or this could become like ok computer and most of the songs will be singles or at least well known, so it wouldnt matter what the next single is. my vote goes to golly sandra. technically it could make a stand on both the pop and country charts, solely because of the steel guitar. it shows the bands variety.

LOL! That'd be awesome for it to be the next "OK Computer". I mean it was nominated for album of the year.

You know, "Golly Sandra" isn't a bad choice at all. Its catchy, radio-friendly, and also very popular already among Eisleyoids. However, I'm a little afraid the country twang is too much too early. I wouldn't want the average radio listener getting the wrong idea. Maybe it could be a later single.

jdstories wrote:
That may be an excellent idea. The "Marvelous Things" video is what got me , and MANY others, hooked. With more exposure it could do the same for many more people. You should start a poll to see how many people got hooked with MT.

Marvy Things was the song (after Mr. Pine) that really sealed the deal for me in being an Eisley fan. And without doing a poll, but being a reader of this forum for a while now, it seems like a lot of people got hooked with Marvy Things or at the very least think its one of Eisley's best.
Last edited by Admiral79 on Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

I Wasn't Prepared or My Lovely would probably be the "safest" next singles, but I would love to hear Brightly Wound on the radio. I think WB will be a lot more willing to take chances with the second single if Telescope Eyes does really well.
Cindy
Sea Post King

Brighty Wound because the verse is so great it'll keep people listening and everyone loves make believe !
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:

Shocked

Bouncy balls? 25 cents!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers