Laughing City
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

Was just wondering or is she homeschooled still?
spacepiggyalpha
Golly, Poster

hmmmm....thats a good question, i have no idea.

sorry im no help! >.<

anybody else??
Silvestre
Golly, Poster

i don't really understand the concept of being homeschooled, actually...
so what do the parents teach their kids at homeschool? or do the parents call some private teachers???if it's really good, i might want my kids to be homeschooled too later on...i wonder what will happen if every parent wants to homeschool their kids...hahahhhaa...that's hard to imagine... Very Happy
there could be a revolution..hahaha...naah..it's impossible to happen...

Sea Post King

you know i was wondering that myself today...
for me, my mom taught me alla my basic stuff, like basic math, grammar and spelling (haha looks like i didn't learn though) but for the higher stuff, like chemistry and algebra2/trig i had a tutor.

-------------------------------------------------------
There once was a boy named Joel,
He found a stick
Down by the sea.
| Myspace |
New IM feel free to say hi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Legally, you can't quit school until you're a junior. And Stacy would be a Sophomore about now, so I am assuming she is still homeschooled seeing as it would be illegal for her to not be.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
mandy
Sea Post King

Silvestre wrote:
i don't really understand the concept of being homeschooled, actually...
so what do the parents teach their kids at homeschool? or do the parents call some private teachers???if it's really good, i might want my kids to be homeschooled too later on...i wonder what will happen if every parent wants to homeschool their kids...hahahhhaa...that's hard to imagine... Very Happy
there could be a revolution..hahaha...naah..it's impossible to happen...

I do correspondence (sp?) home schooling....which means I get the books and the tests...fill the tests out and send them through the mail to get graded by a teacher....

Silvestre
Golly, Poster

how many kids are actually homeschooled in america? i have never heard such thing in here...maybe there is, but should be really really rare...it just seems like there is a lof of homeschooled children there in america...is this some kind of trend? what is the main reason that parents have on homeschooling their children?
and your spelling is right, i think...hahaha..what am i doing telling you that...hahahhha...

Sea Post King

Stacy is in correspondence school and is a junior
oversimplified(myband)
Sea Post King

Silvestre wrote:
how many kids are actually homeschooled in america? ...

For one me.Parents don't realy teach. most of its don'e over the computer or books.there is more home schoolers than you would think , but most of them are socialy challenged so you end up not seeing them.

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

oversimplified(myband) wrote:
Silvestre wrote:
how many kids are actually homeschooled in america? ...

For one me.Parents don't realy teach. most of its don'e over the computer or books.there is more home schoolers than you would think , but most of them are socialy challenged so you end up not seeing them.

I'm homeschooled and for me, my parents just order books and then we go through the lessons and do the tests. I actually haven't done school in the longest time because all of us are pretty lazy and I had more important things to focus on(Auditioning for an arts school...they weren't too worried about the academics part, and I have a good GPA anyways).

On the socially challenged aspect, I don't really know about that for sure. I think it's more partly that, if you're homeschooled, you don't actually have many chances to socialize with people, or at least people your own age. I've been homeschooled my entire life, have 1 or 2 friends my age, and I wouldn't consider myself socially challenged(Please don't look at my post count and how much time I spend on here...gah! You looked! I asked you nicely. Now my husband, the Terminator, my ex-man, Rambo, my children from both marriages to them, and I will have to get our bazookas and liquid metal and tehrmahnate you.). Sure, I'm a little shy around people for the first 30 minutes of being around them, but slight shyness is more of a personality trait than a social problem. I can see how some homeschoolers can be introverted because of it, but I think part of the not seeing them around is that...well...they're homeschooled, not public-schooled. Smile I rarely meet people my age because I don't have a place where I can.

cthorp
Sea Post King

Boyds family was an inspiration to me when Boyd and I worked together in Tyler. I now have five kids myself and yes, they are homeschooled. My oldest is 12 and tests at 12th grade level with the state. Homeschooling rocks because kids can focus on what they love and excel at it. Just look at Eisley.

C
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Hmm. Yeah, I think homeschooling is definitely becoming more of a trend for parents who think the schools around them are not a good influence on their children. That's why my parents started homeschooling me. Perhaps the sterio-type homeschoolers are anti-social and dress like pilgrims (haha..for real, yall..there are some out there that really look like pilgrims..) but really it just depends on the parent's way of up bringing. Homeschoolers in the past were mostly conservative families (christian values and upbringing) but really things have changed. I think people have noted that some of these kids are really having a good education and are not afraid to homeschool their kids for that reason alone. As far as the schooling goes..there are a massive number of ways that people homeschool. I think that is an eye catcher, too. Parents have the freedom to homeschool in the way they seem fit. Of course you will always have families who neglect the teaching and don't do a good job...but you also have kids that flunk out of public and private schools, too. Now more families are joining homeschool groups and even becoming accredited. Colleges like that.

Sorry if that was a bit wordy..just thought I would throw my two cents in.

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
BenC
Golly, Poster

Public schools suck anyway. The Charlotte-Mecklinburg school system has been in the news aaalooot these past couple months, they plan on building 50 new schools Shocked
Near Harad
Sea Post King

this has definitely been a part of thought in my past weeks, everyone that i have met that has been home schooled has been a really cool person with really great character qualities, but i also know of others that have done it very poorly, and so basically my 19 year old friend can only write on a 3rd grade reading level, and that is very sad, and awkward when i have no clue what he is trying to say on AIM. but anyway i think it is time for Kim (my idol) to put in her wisdom! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

i dont like how homeschoolers are always years ahead of me...i guess.